PDA

View Full Version : rush poker ?

MASTERHOLMES
01-20-2010, 01:04 PM
does the six max no limit leakbuster work with the new six max no limit rush poker in full tilt poker ?
and should there be any changes to leaks for that game ?

Ajax
01-20-2010, 04:11 PM
I was thinking about a similar concept, but for the full-ring version. I would really like to know what the Leak Buster recommended ranges would be for this game.

Also, it seems to me that Leak Buster might need to filter out the Rush Poker hands before doing its scoring algorithm. So we need to have a normal-poker Leak Buster score for a given time period, and we need a separate rush-poker Leak Buster score for the same time period. We choose which game to analyze at the same time that we enter in the date range and 6-max or full-ring.

I really think that Rush Poker needs to be separated. Even if Leak Buster separates it out, and lets it be well-known to everyone that the recommended ranges are currently educated guesses and in a state of development.

Leak Buster Support
01-20-2010, 04:40 PM
What are the rule differences for rush poker?

MASTERHOLMES
01-20-2010, 06:14 PM
http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/rush-poker/details

basically what happens is you get a lot more hands per hour,
you fold and can end up instantly in a new hand.

this part though " After that, the player who has gone the longest without posting will be the big blind for that hand Posting of the small blind and other seating positions are randomized for each hand"
so I could be all over the board then all the sudden find myself in the big blind.

you can't observer these hands, so you can't datamine.
and I don't think the hud moves fast enough to keep track of players you are playing against,, so you end up hudless as well.

so basically in theory you end up without statistical reads, and you could end up with one stats or another stats messed up as for the session you could end up more in utg , or the small blind ?.

i am not sure,, it is new , fun and addictive.

Leak Buster Support
01-20-2010, 08:43 PM
Yeah, it sounds like you sit and wait for aces and kings since no one knows how you've been playing.

Brilliant. :) Let's dilute poker even more.

As far as separating those hands, until Holdem Manager can make a distinction for them, we can't separate them out. I'm told this will be happening though. When that happens, then we can create a filter for it.

MASTERHOLMES
01-21-2010, 05:07 AM
in beta 8b, I don't know if it is necessary to filter it out.

i mean with the leakbuster stats i am looking from tonight session, i got the correct hand but missing 100 hands.
however hold them manager when i do it for both days loses hands and then loses the big loss i had.
and so does leakbuster currently but as you say you guys are working on a filter for it.

just looking at today though, i had more leaks one or two.

pretty well the only perfect scores i had was cutoff pfr, and middle position pfr, fold to bb 77,
nines were vpip at 18 and uo pfr.

then it went six, 5, 3 , and tons of ones.
I would equate that to playing way above my bankroll, playing, and some massive sucks out like runner runner diamond, and suited ace queen beat my ace king.
also preflop i was unwilling to lay down tens, jacks, to not even three bets but 4 bets (some of these guys went past the 3 bet normal price)

i did make one proud laydown is there was a raise,, i rreraised with queens got a cold caller and the original raiser called and the flop came ace, (forget the other two for it didnt' matter) i instantly folded but went back to the next hand.
i was only playing 10, sixhanded.

i am glad that leakbuster was able to get a timeshot of this , even though i can't analyzes yesterday and today rush together.

also one big loss came when i raise the button, sb called, and it came ace 3 4 so i went all figuring him for weak ace or tens as i had ace jack.
he thought about it a long time and i said he has ace king, and sure enough eh turned it over.

there was nothing he did to tell me in rush poker that he had big slick he didnt' reraise from the sb with it, he only bet the normal pot so i didn't put him on ace with a bigger kicker.
i don't know if that is a domination leak , i did his work for him.

anyways , i am glad you are working on it, i doubt i will be playing rush anytime soon.. eheh.

Leak Buster Support
01-21-2010, 06:19 AM
Yeah, I haven't personally tried it yet. I'm sure I will at some point, but from a purist perspective, it just seems a gimmicky way for the site to gain even quicker rake amounts from players.

We basically have to wait for holdem manager to have some kind of way to make a distinction in the database for these hands. Once that is done, we can add a filter for it in about 5 minutes.

I was initially told that this likely won't be until 1.11. But I'm going to ask if it's possible to do this earlier than that.

pokeronmars
01-22-2010, 08:22 AM
Hi,
I have istalled Holdem manager yesterday e and imported about 4000 hands of rush poker.
I'd like to analyze the hands with leak buster but when I try to import stats I get the error message "no data to show!".
Consider that I have registered leak buster but I don't have registered holdem manager.
Could you help me?

Julie
01-22-2010, 09:06 AM
Hi,
I have istalled Holdem manager yesterday e and imported about 4000 hands of rush poker.
I'd like to analyze the hands with leak buster but when I try to import stats I get the error message "no data to show!".
Consider that I have registered leak buster but I don't have registered holdem manager.
Could you help me?

Please be a little patient w/ us as we learn to adjust to Rush Poker and are able to provide more information. As mentioned previously a filter that will separate out Rush Poker hands is not available at this time.

Leak Buster Support
01-22-2010, 09:28 PM
Hi,
Could you help me?

Make sure your filter is set correctly (Step 2 - all hands). Right now HM does not make a distinction between regular no-limit hands and rush hands. So as long as your data is in HM, Leak Buster will analyze it. Keep in mind, Leak Buster is not optimized for Rush Poker.

pokeronmars
01-27-2010, 08:29 AM
Make sure your filter is set correctly (Step 2 - all hands). Right now HM does not make a distinction between regular no-limit hands and rush hands. So as long as your data is in HM, Leak Buster will analyze it. Keep in mind, Leak Buster is not optimized for Rush Poker.

I have set "all hands" but nothing happens, "step2" page remains the same, there are no stats.
I have imported the hands for "import" tab using "import from folders" but
it's the first time I use Holdem Manager and maybe there is something other to do. Any idea?
I have to register holdem manager to use leak buster (that is registered)?

Julie
01-27-2010, 06:15 PM
I have set "all hands" but nothing happens, "step2" page remains the same, there are no stats.
I have imported the hands for "import" tab using "import from folders" but
it's the first time I use Holdem Manager and maybe there is something other to do. Any idea?
I have to register holdem manager to use leak buster (that is registered)?

I just created a new database and played a session of rush poker. I made sure the hands were filtering through auto import into HEM and I was able to shift over the Leak Buster and important hands into Leak Buster from my new HEM database. So, I am assuming we have to make sure you have HEM setup properly so you are able to run the import in Leak Buster.

Please make sure you are have followed the HEM setup guides:

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/5/Full+Tilt+Setup
http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/274/Setting+Up+Auto+Import+Folders
http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/98/How+to+Import+%26+Export+Hands

If you believe you have the HEM setup properly and still do not have resolve please answer the following questions:

1) What version of Holdem Manager are you using eg 1.06.04 Beta 12?

2) What Poker Site are you playing on and which gametype and does the problem occur on more than 1 site?

2a) Have you clicked the Start Auto Import Button?

3) Have you the settings exactly as per the FAQ for your site?

4) Can you see the Hand History files showing up in the correct Folder on your PC, this folder should be indentical to the path location you set in Options > Configure Auto Import Folder in HM? If so please copy and paste the location as shown in the FAQ?

5) Are the hands being imported into Holdem Manager?

5a) Do they import if you create a new database?

6) Have You Tried the Table Finder and did it work?

7) If you open the HH are they written in English?

8) If your using Vista have you UAC disabled?

9) Please PM me the holdemmanager.config file and Leak Buster log file found in the HEM directory.

pokeronmars
02-01-2010, 11:46 AM
thank you,
finally I have done it.

I have anothe question, see the following stats (regarding about 7000 hands):
Flop Agg% 65.1 36 - 47 1
Flop CBet% Success 49 41 - 53 10

Is it not strange that I have "1" in flop agg% and "10" in Flop CBet& Success?

Leak Buster Support
02-01-2010, 04:24 PM
No. Usually if your flop agg% is low your flop c-bet% will be lower, and consequently your flop c-bet success will be higher because the ratio of times you're betting is much lower. Regulars with huds will tend to fold more to you on average.

pokeronmars
02-01-2010, 05:27 PM
No. Usually if your flop agg% is low your flop c-bet% will be lower, and consequently your flop c-bet success will be higher because the ratio of times you're betting is much lower. Regulars with huds will tend to fold more to you on average.

You're right but my flop aggression is not lower... is higher than the range! for this reason I have "1"!

Flop Agg%: 65.1
range: 36 - 47
vote: 1

Leak Buster Support
02-01-2010, 07:50 PM
Yeah, sorry, I missed that it was 7k hands.

You need a larger size to normalize these stats (at least 100k). But my general advice is that if you're getting a lot of c-bet folds, then keep doing it, and use Leak Buster to make sure you're not getting too out of line.

woober
02-06-2010, 05:29 PM
thank you,
finally I have done it.

I have anothe question, see the following stats (regarding about 7000 hands):
Flop Agg% 65.1 36 - 47 1
Flop CBet% Success 49 41 - 53 10

Is it not strange that I have "1" in flop agg% and "10" in Flop CBet& Success?

How did you fix the not loading Rush hands problem?

I too can load all hands but Rush hands in Leakbuster. Frustrating. Would probably buy Leakbuster if I could load my rush hands... (hint hint support)

Leak Buster Support
02-06-2010, 06:46 PM
Leak Buster does not filter out rush hands. What problem are you have with importing them?

woober
02-06-2010, 06:56 PM
The problem is exactly as I stated, LB will not import my rush hands. When I click on import I see all my other hands/gametypes, but none of my rush hands- 6max or full ring. Even when I play other gametypes now, and import them into HEM, they show up on the import screen for LB immediately.

Leak Buster Support
02-06-2010, 07:12 PM
HM just changed and make a distinction between these. If you import previous rush hands, before the distinction was made, there's no issue. But anything now that has the rush distinction will not import.

We're going to have this changed by the next update.

Leak Buster Support
02-07-2010, 10:00 PM
In the next HM beta update (.03) there will be a Rush poker filter in Leak buster.

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/8028/lbfilter.jpg

If you select all hands, it's going to import no-limit, pot-limit, and rush. If you only want rush hands, then select the Rush radio button. Also, when you click apply all, it will apply this filter across all steps.

You can also select the last X number of hands now for each stake level you want to import.

BlackSaphire
02-08-2010, 05:08 AM
you can't observer these hands, so you can't datamine.
You can't observe as an observer, but when you're playing every hand played at a table you were seated will be in the HH, even if you QuickFold from UTG... problem is the field is continually changing.

With almost 90,000 hands I have no more than 400 hands on a handfull of players and around 20/50 on a couple of thousands...