PDA

View Full Version : Problem creating 'Rakeback' stat:

Kenny Zoo
01-20-2010, 06:19 AM
Hi guys,

I hope this is the right place (apologies if not, it's my first forum post).

I've just installed HEM and am now trying to add a stat for 'Rakeback'.

According to the online help, if I navigate to "C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Reports" I should find a "CustomStats.txt" file which I can paste a certain line of code into to create the desired stat.

However, when I get to the 'Reports' folder, all I find is a bunch of 'report' files- not txt- and there is nothing called CustomStats or anything like it.

I tried creating such a file and then pasting the code into it, but there was nothing available for me to select when I then went to the 'Stat Selection' area of the gui, so I'm guessing this si not the way to go!

Can you please advise (I am using HEM 1.09)? Cheers, Kenny

netsrak
01-20-2010, 07:13 AM
The standard problem is that notepad names the file customstats.txt.txt instead of customstats.txt.
So please check the name.

Kenny Zoo
01-20-2010, 12:02 PM
Thanks for jumping in but the problem is that my "C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Reports" folder contains no 'txt' files - only 'REPORT files'- and, that aside, there is nothing listed there which appears anything like 'customstats' (txt or otherwise). I have:

- 4 x leakbuster reports
- bystakes.report
- handatshowdown.report
- hand groupings.report
- holecards.report
- numberofplayers.report
- etc etc etc
- winningssummary.report (last one)

I seem to be in the right place though!

janska
01-20-2010, 05:31 PM
if there appears to be no customstats.txt in that folder you have to create it yourself :) And yes, that's in fact the right place :)

Kenny Zoo
01-24-2010, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the help guys- I added file myself, copied and pasted the blurb form the FAQs and all appears well! Many thanks!

Biju
01-24-2010, 02:08 PM
What is the custom stat you can add for rakeback. Is this creating a new stat or a popup for an existing stat. Can you point me to the faq?

netsrak
01-24-2010, 03:46 PM
Can't find it in the new FAQ so here is the link to the old one: http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=44

Biju
01-24-2010, 04:29 PM
Can't find it in the new FAQ so here is the link to the old one: http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=44

So is this is adding a new stat or a report. How does it know the type of rakeback I get, ie contributed, average contibuted, shared or dealt?

netsrak
01-25-2010, 04:37 AM
This is adding a new stat for the reports. Its a % value but you can customize it as you like it.

If you want a stat for the Hud please use our uservoice system (link in my signature).

You get further information about custom reports/stats in this area of the forum: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10

Biju
01-25-2010, 10:44 AM
No just for the reports. I see you can change the percentage but how does it know how the rake is calculated - dealt, contributed etc. In your link the formula is Sum(PH.RakeAmount)/100.0*0.27 Not sure if the PH.rakeamount part affects my question or if it is a set percentage of what you bet, as no rake is based on this with contributed dealt etc. How different is this value likely to be from the real rake received. Also I saw in one of the most recent release update notes that Bodog rakeback rate - where I play - had it's rakeback corrected to the of average contributed (from memory) so does this adjust this stat too and if not what does this alter.

netsrak
01-25-2010, 12:06 PM
The example is just a custom stat for FTP (27%). You can change this as you like it.
The Rake stat in the reports is based on how every site calculates it (but thats not the rakeback).

Biju
01-25-2010, 12:31 PM
OK I think I get it. I understand you can change the % value and that 27% is an eg and it is rakeback, not rake. To clarify - HEM now calculates the rake I pay to Bodog correctly and then if I set my r/b % in the above code and follow the faq HEM will calculate my r/b acurately and will I be able to display it in the reports so I can see an accurate $ value for my rakeback and be able to display it next to my winnings giving me an overall picture of my poker income. If yes, as I think this is what you are saying, can I do the same for bonuses. Is there a way to show all of these figures combined as one figure of Poker income, winnings/losses offset by r/b and bonuses. If not I would like to be able to see this, and would think so would everyone else, as THE primary stat you keep track of - or am I missing something blindingly obvious!!!!

fozzy71
01-25-2010, 03:28 PM
I believe your thinking is correct. There are plans to add a 'rakeback' stat for the Reports tab that should use your rakeback percentage you setup in the Rakeback and Bonuses menu. I have no ETA for when that will be added.

Biju
01-25-2010, 03:33 PM
Bonuses too?

fozzy71
01-26-2010, 10:14 PM
I really couldn't say for sure. You can vote for it, here - http://holdemmanager.uservoice.com/forums/5307-holdem-manger-suggestions/suggestions/292953-bonuses-displayed-in-reports-tab?ref=title

Biju
01-26-2010, 10:34 PM
Isn't this the very heart of what HEM should be showing - Poker Winnings. Come on - I can vote on it.......Can you suggest it higher up the ladder. Surely this is a must have.

fozzy71
01-26-2010, 11:43 PM
Not sure if it will help your cause but I copy/pasted the last few posts from this thread into our internal email discussion about the custom rakeback stat.

Biju
01-26-2010, 11:47 PM
Thanks. Perhaps I'm missing something but it seems pretty fundamental to me.

Biju
02-04-2010, 02:19 PM

Just went to try this and there is no custom stat file within reports. Where do I cut and paste / type in the code for a rakeback stat please

fozzy71
02-05-2010, 02:38 AM
if there appears to be no customstats.txt in that folder you have to create it yourself :) And yes, that's in fact the right place :)

^^

Biju
02-05-2010, 01:48 PM
Thanks. Got there. Just need to check now it's accurate!!!!