PDA

View Full Version : Eset NOD32 False Positives for HMImport.exe and HMHud.exe

oshjay
01-19-2010, 07:27 PM
Hi all,

It appears Eset NOD32 anti-virus has flagged HMImport.exe and HMHud.exe as a trojan in one of their recent updates.

I was able to stop my computer scan before it quarantined my real HMImport.exe and HMHud.exe (it found multiple copies in my "C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settings\Application Data\" directory).

If you use NOD32 and have recurring scans, it probably quarantined your copies of HMImport.exe and HMHud.exe. At the time, I was using v1.10 beta 5.

The fix for me was to add an exclusion to NOD32. This is done by entering the NOD32 control panel -> Setup -> Enter entire advanced setup tree -> Anti-virus and antispyware -> Exclusions. I added an exclusion like this:

C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\*.*

Here's the output of one of my computer scans where NOD32 reported the false positives:

HMImport.exe - probably a variant of Win32/Agent trojan - cleaned by deleting - quarantined [1]
HMHud.exe - probably a variant of Win32/Agent trojan - cleaned by deleting - quarantined [1]

I've since updated to v1.10 beta 8, but I've not tried disabling the exclusion I added and re-scanning the HM program files.

Good luck

netsrak
01-20-2010, 07:38 AM
You are the first reporting this problem. I hope there will be no other common virus problem like we had some month ago.

wooshusukout
01-21-2010, 12:06 PM
...nevermind - had the blinders on and didn't see the other threads with the false positives

neomorf
02-03-2010, 05:58 PM
same problem :(

go09
08-15-2010, 05:37 AM
Hello.It is a strange aspect that you are having problems with Nod 32
Maybe it must be updated so can recommend you top ten best antiviruses Best Antivirus - reviews and download (http://www.best-antivirus.co/)
wish you good luck