PDA

View Full Version : problems starting hem

G_Dollaz
01-19-2010, 07:09 PM
When starting HEM I got a pop up that says "hold em manager needs to know where to find the database, please enter details below and click connect" and it wants me to connect to postgreSQL" in a blue pop up box. When I hit connect, I get a pop up that says "The username and or password is incorrect, would you like to have HEM configure the database to accept this login and password?" I clicked yes but it was unable to do that.....

I tried to follow the directios below but I am very new w/ Windows 7 (just got my comp today) and I'm having problems finding my HEM installation directory. When I downloaded the file, I saved it in my downloads, unzipped the file and the shortcut is now on my desktop. I am unsure of where to go in order to run the specified files as admin though.

I did succesfully start the secondary logon. I tried to follow the postgress install instructions and I think I did that correctly as well. Like I said before, this is my first day w/ the comp and everything is new to me. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Under Windows 7 you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe to be started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executable's and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

fozzy71
01-20-2010, 12:26 AM
We have new PostgreSQL installers that are much simpler to use.

You probably have 64 bit Windows so your HEM files are in C:\Program Files (x86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager

Try reinstalling PostgreSQL using these steps - Please reinstall PostgreSQL using these steps - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=20755