PDA

View Full Version : POSTsql Data folder question

4entourage
01-19-2010, 06:36 PM
Hey guys -
I have a huge DB and my PostSQL DATA folder is about 70 gigs. So as long as I copy that (C:\Program Files\ PostSQL \ 84.\ Data) to the new hard drive and just replace the original install data folder with this one, I wont lose any hands right?

Im not just talking stats, but I want to be able to use the hand replayer too. I dont care how big (gig's wise) it takes up, just dont want to lose anything and I am about to have my windows 7 beta expire and need to make sure its backed up right.

PS I know all about backing it up though SQL and having that "name.database" file, which I did and is about 8 gigs.... but when I restore off of this it doesnt have the actual hands to use in the replayer.

fozzy71
01-20-2010, 12:35 AM
For reinstalling SQL to the same DB, follow these steps:

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.
2) If you are moving the DB to a different drive/partition, manually cut or copy the \Postgresql\8.x\data directory to it's new location.
3) run the command - start > programs > accessories > command prompt > right-click > run as administrator

net user postgres /delete
4) reboot.
5) Install the same version of PostgreSQL as your current DB using these instructions - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=177
6) If you have moved/installed your DB to a non-default location, please make sure to change the 'Data Directory' path during the installation.

4entourage
01-20-2010, 01:49 AM
well the thing is.... I had one drive with 3 partitions. So it was a C D and E

The C was O.S. The D was random. The E drive was hem.

I was running out of room on D so I backed it all---deleted D and E and combined them into 1 through Disk Management (Deleted volumes, re-created a single partitiion, made active)

But now I re-install hem fine, but when I go to re-install PostGres it keeps telling me "its already installed on E drve" which doesnt even exist anymore. I made sure to delete everything from add/remove programs but it keeps saying its there, on a drive that doesnt even exist anymore....

netsrak
01-20-2010, 07:06 AM
you should check your registry for Postgresql settings

4entourage
01-20-2010, 05:50 PM
Under MSCONFIG nothing is listed for it...

netsrak
01-21-2010, 06:21 AM
msconfig?

regedit and seach for postgres