PDA

View Full Version : Postgres Problem

jjordan2
01-19-2010, 06:32 PM
When I open HM it goes directly to the "activate your software window" and I click activate online which is the only option available. I am unable to type in my newly acquired key that I just bought etc. Should I reinstall again or what? I have done that several times.. thanks

Made a new post more complete. thanks

jjordan2
01-19-2010, 09:59 PM
-made a new post more complete

jjordan2
01-19-2010, 10:55 PM
I just purchased the full version of HM + Omaha today. I am having troubles after i installed PostGres and HM through the installation guides. I have done my best but my main issue right now is my inability to "activate my acount online" through the shortcut to HM. I am very new to windows and after spending all day scanning the forums I am stuck. I think it would go much easier if and be much shorter if customer support could remote log in and fix the issue efficiently. My brother activated his account this way, and reccomended that I do the same.

Thanks,

JM Jordan

fozzy71
01-19-2010, 11:53 PM
Please try using our registration system to register your current/new license. Then you will be able to retrieve or reset your own license, as needed. http://www.holdemmanager.net/Registration/

To get your current license from your running installation of HEM: Help > Show Serial Number

You will need to sign up, login, and then reset your code, then logout/login, to verify it was reset.

jjordan2
01-20-2010, 01:12 AM
I just created an account on the holdemmanager.net/registration page, but when I enter the serial number that I was send after purchases HM+Omaha. It says the serial number is "This serial number is not valid or has not yet been used."

I think the problem lies when I open Holdem Manager? I open it, and it moves directly to the screen having two options, either to activate now or activate later. If I activate now It says the key is invalid and the key that is shown is different from that of which I was sent. If I click Activate later I reach a very similar issue.

I am sorry that I can't be more help. What can I do?

Thanks,

JM

netsrak
01-20-2010, 07:04 AM
Sounds like you need to reset or delete this wrong key first.

Start HM->Help -> Clear license code
and check this: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=20612

jjordan2
01-20-2010, 04:21 PM
I navigated my wayall the way to past setting up my HUD now. Everthing in HM worked until it was time to start playing, and my HUD doesn't show up. So i refered to the thread about someone having a problem seeing their HUD, you reccomended they run the HMHUD.exe, holdemmanager.exe, and DBControlPanel.exe as Adminstrator. I did all of this, however, now I am unable to even open Holdem Manager, I recieve the error "DBControlPanel" has stopped working. I run though W7, and prior to this problem, HM was working perfect except my inability to see the HUD.

Thanks,

JM

jjordan2
01-20-2010, 06:48 PM
I got it. For anybody struggling with this same issue, I reinstalled HM and it worked fine once I resetup my configs. But reinstalling it fixed the issue with DBControlpanel stopping to work.