PDA

View Full Version : "Holdem Manager has stopped working" message

Gary_Neville
01-19-2010, 05:33 PM
Hi guys,

New to this forum but im a 2+2 reg but no one seems to be able to give a good answer on this. So basically my HEM has always been functioning alright before the 1.09 patch (I used to have trouble with postgres etc) but ever since I downloaded the 1.09 patch (the one that makes the HUD compatible with 50BB min tables?), everytime I open HEM, I get the "Holdem Manager has stopped working" message. I use Microsoft Vista and I have the Professional version of HEM.

What should I do about this?

Thank you for your time

fozzy71
01-20-2010, 12:46 AM
Which Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.net/hmbetaupdate

Please give HoldemManager Administrator rights -

1) Go to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager (Program Files (x86) if you have the 64bit version)
2) Rightclick the HoldemManager.exe and choose "Properties".
3) Go to the Compatibility Tab and select "Run this program as an Administrator".
4) Do the same for HMHud.exe and DBControlPanel.exe

Wilh3lm
01-26-2010, 05:06 PM
I have a similar problem.

Hold em manager freezes and I get the "Holdem Manager has stopped working" message, but only when I click the Tourney Results tab. Everything else works fine, but as soon as the Tourney Results tab starts loading the program freezes.

This started happening after I had a disconnect problem on NoiQ poker and I suppose that perhaps something went wrong with the import of the last hand. I was then running 1.09. After updating to 1.10.01 the problem remains unchanged.

netsrak
01-27-2010, 07:25 AM
Please try a reindex of your database via pgadmin->maintenance

Wilh3lm
01-28-2010, 08:59 AM
I did the reindex of the database but the problem persists. Nothing seems to have changed. I did not use the FORCE option in pgAdmin. Should I?

I might add that the hand import and HUD work as they should - it is just viewing the tourney results that crashes HEM.

netsrak
01-28-2010, 01:09 PM
The Force option is obsolete.

Please post a screenshot of Holdemmanager with the error message.

Wilh3lm
01-28-2010, 02:14 PM
I don't get an error message from HEM - it just freezes.
I then get the standard Windows Vista "xyz has stopped working" that you always get when a program crashes.
The moment after I click tourney reports HEM freezes and looks like below.
You can see some of the fields already having been drawn:

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/9311/hemscreen.jpg

netsrak
01-29-2010, 06:31 AM
Which operating system version? Is you system uptodate (service packs, Windows updates)
Any 3rd party firewall?
which virusscanner?
Any other security / spyware /adaware tools running?

Wilh3lm
01-29-2010, 07:34 AM
I'm running Windows Vista ultimate SP2 and have all the updates installed.

I am only using the Windows firewall (with HEM added as exception).
No virus scanner, no adaware, anti spyware etc installed at the moment.

Also I don't recall making any changes/installations/updates just before the crash (100% reproducable) started to happen.

The only thing out of the ordinary happening was the disconnect from NoiQ.

netsrak
01-29-2010, 10:56 AM
Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.