PDA

View Full Version : Rush poker FTP

Pages : [1] 2

smell777
01-19-2010, 09:06 AM
Hi!
Is there any way stats can be shown for current table and not for the previous one in this new game format?

lostinadream
01-19-2010, 09:35 AM
Also I was just wondering as well with rush poker if, lets say you 'quick fold' your 7 2 in the small blind, will this be recorded, because dont you usually have to wait for the hand to finish?

chap
01-19-2010, 10:35 AM
Also I was just wondering as well with rush poker if, lets say you 'quick fold' your 7 2 in the small blind, will this be recorded, because dont you usually have to wait for the hand to finish?

Just played a quick session and hand history is still being written. Not sure how long the delay is though. I was running FTP's stats window to the side and is was incrementing 2+ hands at a time.

Acid_Wave
01-19-2010, 12:48 PM
FTP write whole hand in HH. If you press "Quick Fold" they also write hand with SD.

seto18
01-19-2010, 06:46 PM
Not sure how Holdem manager will get the HUD up in time when you move to another table. I think FT did this to counter such software and protect fish. Even if you find a play out of line, how can you tag him before you move to the next table? Rush poker is gonna fail imo

Rvg72
01-19-2010, 10:35 PM
Not sure how Holdem manager will get the HUD up in time when you move to another table. I think FT did this to counter such software and protect fish. Even if you find a play out of line, how can you tag him before you move to the next table? Rush poker is gonna fail imo

I don't think it has anything to do with countering software, FTP fully support tracking software as long as it is not used for data mining. They want people to play more hands and generate more rake and this is a good way to make 1 and 2 tablers play as many hands as 6 tablers play currently.

That all being said, we are trying to come up with something for these tables but it is difficult since we don't currently know who is playing until the hand is over and by then (or usually much sooner) the table has changed.

Roy

SenatorKevin
01-19-2010, 11:38 PM
It has nothing to do with countering software, FTP fully support tracking software as long as it is not used for data mining. They want people to play more hands and generate more rake and this is a good way to make 1 and 2 tablers play as many hands as 6 tablers play currently.

That all being said, we are trying to come up with something for these tables but it is difficult since we don't currently know who is playing until the hand is over and by then (or usually much sooner) the table has changed.

Roy

I'm not too worried about not having the HUD work in these games... unless some other product is able to get their HUD to work on it.

That being said, can we get a quick update released so that HEM flags these hands as a Rush game rather than a regular NL game? I'd like to be able to break apart my win rates between the games.

Acid_Wave
01-20-2010, 04:53 AM
I don't think it has anything to do with countering software, FTP fully support tracking software as long as it is not used for data mining. They want people to play more hands and generate more rake and this is a good way to make 1 and 2 tablers play as many hands as 6 tablers play currently.

Roy

While play 2 or more tables @ RushPoker HUD show stats only at one table.
HH FTP writes to different files

"FT20100119 Apollo - $0.10-$0.25 - No Limit Hold'em - Entry 1.txt"
"FT20100119 Apollo - $0.10-$0.25 - No Limit Hold'em - Entry 2.txt"

Lowkey
01-20-2010, 05:45 AM
Anyone else have holdem manager suddenly stop importing rush hand histories?

Hurricane
01-20-2010, 04:06 PM
That being said, can we get a quick update released so that HEM flags these hands as a Rush game rather than a regular NL game? I'd like to be able to break apart my win rates between the games.

+1. And I would like HEM also to flag hands frop CAP tables for the same purpose.

Rvg72
01-20-2010, 05:07 PM
+1. And I would like HEM also to flag hands frop CAP tables for the same purpose.

breaking games down by type (ie CAP / RUSH etc) is planned for 1.11

Roy

BigBrother
01-20-2010, 05:15 PM
breaking games down by type (ie cap / rush etc) is planned for 1.11

roy

hooray!!

Llanlad
01-20-2010, 07:29 PM
To get the HUD to work on these rush tables would be awesome ...

Im the patient type though ....
Is it ready yet ??????:mad:

:D

Respawn
01-20-2010, 07:38 PM
I suppose you need to do real time screen scraping for the HUD to work with Rush tables.
Please remember that a lot of people use modded Layout.xml files, i.e. non-default font sizes or fonts. So please make it work with that or give users a way to make it work.

DrunkPPlaya
01-20-2010, 09:47 PM
hooray!!

double hooray

jsbjoey
01-21-2010, 12:56 AM
Solution to HUD and Rush games is to abandon HUD. Write a simple routine within HEM that writes key stats into player notes.

Admittedly, this will not include hands during the session, but it would include all hands except for the current day.

BeaucoupFish
01-21-2010, 01:23 AM

Roy

Will this work retroactively? e.g. will you be able to specify table names as being Rush tables etc and use this in the filter?

Respawn
01-21-2010, 04:25 AM
Solution to HUD and Rush games is to abandon HUD. Write a simple routine within HEM that writes key stats into player notes.

Admittedly, this will not include hands during the session, but it would include all hands except for the current day.

But what about taking notes with the HUD then?

Titouni
01-21-2010, 06:54 AM

+1

LanceFire
01-21-2010, 09:21 AM

+1

But this should be worst case scenario, as in they can't find a way to screen scrape or something else.

YouGotDurred
01-21-2010, 01:09 PM
Is it possible to get the hud to keep up with the action of Rush Poker on Full Tilt.... What is the advantage of prefetch hands, will this help if i increase the number of hands? Hopefully, one of you guys (mods), have played this new game "Rush Poker;" you will understand that by the time hud updates its info, that table with those villians stats, have passed you long ago... Any help or ideas would be appreciated...

Thanks

fenhir
01-21-2010, 04:26 PM

+1 for this one...

... because I dont expect the HEM-HUD to be quick enough for those Rush-tables.

The FTP-notes-file is in XML and more or less trivial to edit.

I would go a bit further:
- Tag those Rush-handhistories as Rush.
- Make it configurable to use special auto-rate-rules just for rush-handhistories.
- Make it configurable to use the FTP-player-color-icon from within those auto-rate-rules. For example for very loose players use the green icon. This way one has at least some information at the beginning of the hand.
- HUD off automatically for those Rush-tables as long as it doesnt work.

Together with putting configurable stats in the FTP-notes it should be enough.

On the other side... I kind of like it, if noone has stats at those Rush-tables... So maybe it might be usefull to have the above made but not activated until there is another HUD or programm which does this in the notes-file.

But what about taking notes with the HUD then?

No HUD... No notes in HUD.

Thrahl
01-21-2010, 05:16 PM
Part of what makes Rush awesome is that it completely nullifies the HUD bots. I say leave it be. If HUDs are made to work with Rush it will become infested with the HUD Bots.

jonthebook
01-21-2010, 06:53 PM
Part of what makes Rush awesome is that it completely nullifies the HUD bots. I say leave it be. If HUDs are made to work with Rush it will become infested with the HUD Bots.

Would be nice if u could just have HERO stats on the HUD to see how you're playing (this is probably possible if so can u help) without having to re-configure the HUD each time

_Loki_
01-21-2010, 07:04 PM
Hi Thrahl - out of curiousity...

What do you mean by "HUD bots" ?
ABC players or actual bots or what ?
Why are HUD bots a problem ?

Thanks

jonthebook
01-21-2010, 07:55 PM
Hi Thrahl - out of curiousity...

What do you mean by "HUD bots" ?
ABC players or actual bots or what ?
Why are HUD bots a problem ?

Thanks

What he means is the people who simply use their heads up display to make decisions e.g. if as a player u fold often to 3 bets a HUD bot will simply 3 bet you because of ur stats. Typically these guys have big databases because they are multi-tabling so play by numbers.

forzamilan
01-21-2010, 08:48 PM
Would be nice if u could just have HERO stats on the HUD to see how you're playing (this is probably possible if so can u help) without having to re-configure the HUD each time

My HUD is still showing my stats on rush tables, it just jumps all over the table after each 5 second update, and is only seen on one table. But I can still see my stats there.

Do you mean something for HEM to program or is this an option we can already configure?

btjorgo
01-22-2010, 02:24 AM
I've played Rush a couple of times and it needs to be played different from normal poker. That said I hate the idea of the same stats being logged for plugging leaks purposses. I would like the option of not importing those stats at all or having a seperate folder for rush only. Perhaps something simalar to the Full Ring, 6 Max and Tourney option. I would like to know what other members think.

_Loki_
01-22-2010, 03:13 AM
btjorgo

why not create a new DB in pgadmin just for rush ftp ?

I have a DB for each stake & game type
I have a further DB that combines them all called 'all' so that I can track my overall stats & $ performance

At the beginning of each month I import the previous months hands from each DB category into the master 'all' DB

I do the same thing with my various HH archive folders

dway
01-22-2010, 04:18 AM
btjorgo

why not create a new DB in pgadmin just for rush ftp ?

I have a DB for each stake & game type
I have a further DB that combines them all called 'all' so that I can track my overall stats & $ performance

At the beginning of each month I import the previous months hands from each DB category into the master 'all' DB

I do the same thing with my various HH archive folders

Whats the point ? Outside of isolating rush ? Sounds like a lot of messing around. I have a MASSIVE database and I let HM do t he work of sorting stuff.

_Loki_
01-22-2010, 05:48 AM
dway

The point obviously IS as you say... to isolate rush until there's an appropriate HEM filter available
The size of your existing non-rush DB is irrelevant to my suggestion - what diff does DB size make if you are starting a new rush DB & only importing rush hands into it ?

dway
01-22-2010, 06:16 AM
dway

The point obviously IS as you say... to isolate rush until there's an appropriate HEM filter available
The size of your existing non-rush DB is irrelevant to my suggestion - what diff does DB size make if you are starting a new rush DB & only importing rush hands into it ?

What is the point of having a different DB for each stake and game is what I was asking. Or are you only doing this for rush ?

I thought you were doing this with all stakes in all games. My point about my DB was that there was no point in doing it to keep a DB small.

Trumpy
01-22-2010, 08:09 AM
I know you guys want the hud to work with rush poker bu part of the attractiveness of these games is that everybody is an unknown.

It will take alot away from it imo if huds start to work. And this is coming from something of a hudbot myself. You realise basically everybody will have this advantage so its all nullified.

Partly ruins a really good innovation by full tilt imo. I hope they try to resist this.

mamba
01-22-2010, 08:45 AM
i know you guys want the hud to work with rush poker bu part of the attractiveness of these games is that everybody is an unknown.

It will take alot away from it imo if huds start to work. And this is coming from something of a hudbot myself. You realise basically everybody will have this advantage so its all nullified.

Partly ruins a really good innovation by full tilt imo. I hope they try to resist this.

qft

Llanlad
01-22-2010, 10:44 AM
I know you guys want the hud to work with rush poker bu part of the attractiveness of these games is that everybody is an unknown.

Im not overally keen on playing blind poker .. sure its fun and makes a nice change ..but having no idea at all what villian might be holding means luck is a bigger factor than normal ..

All it means is players will just really tighten up because playing a LAG style in these games is basically russian roulette.

I for one would love to play these games armed with a HUD .. I can get some serious volume in and have enough time to make the correct decisions.

Trumpy
01-22-2010, 12:25 PM
Im not overally keen on playing blind poker .. sure its fun and makes a nice change ..but having no idea at all what villian might be holding means luck is a bigger factor than normal ..

All it means is players will just really tighten up because playing a LAG style in these games is basically russian roulette.

I for one would love to play these games armed with a HUD .. I can get some serious volume in and have enough time to make the correct decisions.

You can use your hud on the normal tables.

Basically right now the rush tables feel like a totally different game. WHICH IS GOOD. Poker has become stale and needed something new. The old ring games are still available with plenty of traffic.

I hope FTP recognise this. I am positive the games will go downhill fast when huds are introduced.

I think their terms and conditions already do not allow 'screen scraping' as I have heard it called. Hopefully this can keep the HEM/PT3 developers at bay.

Everybody should think and realise keeping these games hudless will be good for everybody!

Ejsik
01-23-2010, 10:39 AM
Leaving aside HUD, does anyone have problems with importing hands from Rush Poker? I would like to track my hands/winnings, but the import seemed to work fine at first at Rush Poker , then I played a session at nl100, tried to import but it didn't work getting just errors.. Last session I played about 2k hands but it imported only 1k, and after trying to manually import from files it seems to not recognize it.. doesn't even try to import.

Respawn
01-23-2010, 02:23 PM
It just sucks not to be able to take notes with HEM's notes feature at Rush tables. I prefer using HEM for taking notes instead of every site's individual system.
Right now I can't use it for Rush.

Besides, I don't see the point in arguing against a HUD at Rush tables while being in favor of HUDs at normal tables. It's the same thing. It displays information you have gathered based on previous history with the player.
So, either you're in favor of HUDs in general or you're against HUDs (OK, or you're indifferent). Not being in favor of HUDs just for Rush does not make sense.
Also, it is not true that the players you encounter at Rush are (or have to be) unknowns. This is not part of the purpose of Rush poker, as others seem to have made it sound.
If you play for a while you'll encounter a lot of them over and over again, just like you do in the regular games.

Using a HUD is allowed, we have it for all other types of games, so it should be there for Rush as well and HEM developers should try to make it work.

The debate of whether or not HUDs should exist at all or not is an entirely different one.

Titouni
01-23-2010, 02:29 PM
It just sucks not to be able to take notes with HEM's notes feature at Rush tables. I prefer using HEM for taking notes instead of every site's individual system.
Right now I can't use it for Rush.

Besides, I don't see the point in arguing against a HUD at Rush tables while being in favor of HUDs at normal tables. It's the same thing. It displays information you have gathered based on previous history with the player.
So, either you're in favor of HUDs in general or you're against HUDs (OK, or you're indifferent). Not being in favor of HUDs just for Rush does not make sense.
Also, it is not true that the players you encounter at Rush are (or have to be) unknowns. This is not part of the purpose of Rush poker, as others seem to have made it sound.
If you play for a while you'll encounter a lot of them over and over again, just like you do in the regular games.

Using a HUD is allowed, we have it for all other types of games, so it should be there for Rush as well and HEM developers should try to make it work.

The debate of whether or not HUDs should exist at all or not is an entirely different one.

+1

fozzy71
01-23-2010, 03:37 PM
Leaving aside HUD, does anyone have problems with importing hands from Rush Poker? I would like to track my hands/winnings, but the import seemed to work fine at first at Rush Poker , then I played a session at nl100, tried to import but it didn't work getting just errors.. Last session I played about 2k hands but it imported only 1k, and after trying to manually import from files it seems to not recognize it.. doesn't even try to import.

The hands import fine for me (and everyone else AFAIK). You are using version 1.10? If not, please update from my signature.

If still having problems, try using a new DB for a test.

*Try creating a new UTF DB - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database
*Now import a small portion of your \HMArchive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/98/How+to+Import+%26+Export+Hands
*If the new DB seems to work properly, you will want to import the rest of your archives to the new DB, export/import the hands from the old DB to the new DB, and export/import any player notes and tourney summaries - and then delete the old DB.
*Make sure you export/backup everything before deleting the old DB - http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20754

Crazyeyez
01-24-2010, 11:50 AM
The FTP-notes-file is in XML and more or less trivial to edit.

I would go a bit further:
- Tag those Rush-handhistories as Rush.
- Make it configurable to use special auto-rate-rules just for rush-handhistories.
- Make it configurable to use the FTP-player-color-icon from within those auto-rate-rules. For example for very loose players use the green icon. This way one has at least some information at the beginning of the hand.
- HUD off automatically for those Rush-tables as long as it doesnt work.

Together with putting configurable stats in the FTP-notes it should be enough.

Winner.

What's the file called? I'd like to take a look at it. You could essentially turn it into a customizable popup where you choose what stats you want HEM to populate it with.

I assume it can't be edited during a session. If it can, have HEM update it every 200 hands or something.

edit: Wait are you sure that file is local? I assumed notes would be remote so you'd see them when you login at different locations. I guess that wouldn't necessarily make it uneditable, but probably more difficult.
edit2: Ok I see how it works. It's yourplayername.xml in the root directory. It throws in the player name and your note and uploads it to an FTP notes location. I'm no programmer but yeah it does seem like it would be easy to update. I just tried editing it manually - seems to only work if FTP is closed when you edit it.

fozzy71
01-25-2010, 02:24 AM

http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate.exe

• Added an option for the FTP Rush Games. click on HUD Options - Rush FTP Notes Export and you will be able to export all of your FTP stats to FTP notes so that they are viewable when playing Rush games.
• Fixed problem where some PKR tourneys would not have the hands properly attached to the tourney and potentially not import the hands at all.
• Fixed an error message that would appear if Holdem Manager did not have enough permission to read the registry.
• If TableNinja sidebar is turned off in options then the TableNinja options in the importing tab will be hidden
• Poker Tracker exports Party tourney hand histories with multiple ***Dealing down cards*** in the same hand which caused import issues.
• In Multi-Monitor setups where monitors are added and then removed the HM window could disappear when it is re-launched. Added code to try to stop this from happening.
• Fixed problem where duplicate hands would appear as import errors on non-english installations of postgresql.

http://www.holdemmanager.com/Holdem-Manager-Now-Displays-Opponent-Stat-On-Rush-Poker-Tables

On January 24, 2010, Hold'em Manager continued the trend as the leading innovator in poker analytics software by being the first to release an update to allow you to view opponent stats while playing on the new "Rush Poker" tables at Full Tilt.
Rush Poker is the wildly popular new format where you are immediately moved to a new table after every fold. As a result of around the clock efforts over the last few days, this update to Hold'em Manager is now available to download. Additional features and functionality surrounding Rush Poker on Full Tilt will be announced in the upcoming week.

SteveCut
01-25-2010, 05:43 AM
In response to the problem where hands stop importing and import errors start showing up, I think I have found the reason for this. It seems to follow a disconnection. After a disco something happens to the hand history file and imports fail. I checked the HH file manually but could see no obvious discrepancies. It may be something to do with the file being flagged as in use by FT? Presumably it's an FT problem, not HEM.

Anyway, to resolve the problem you need to temporarily close FT. This releases the file so that you can import it manually or automatically into HEM. Then re-start FT and the problem will not re-oocur unless you have another disconnection.

Golden_Age
01-25-2010, 06:06 AM
what exactly does the changes allow for rush poker? A working hud on multiple tables?

Can't test it right now, thanks for answering!

WILDB3AST
01-25-2010, 06:50 AM
thank you for the rush notes feature. estimated time until auto-rate/colour coding added?

Llanlad
01-25-2010, 07:18 AM
Just been messing about with it ..

Just played 3-4 small sessions and then auto imported the hands after each session ..

I now have bak0, bak1, bak2, bak3 .... can i delete the earlier back ups and just leave the latest ones in there ?

netsrak
01-25-2010, 07:40 AM
You should preserve the original backup because it contains your original notes. The other ones you can delete.

Respawn
01-25-2010, 07:42 AM
Are you still going to try to get the actual real time HUD to work with Rush tables?

Llanlad
01-25-2010, 08:01 AM
You should preserve the original backup because it contains your original notes. The other ones you can delete.
Just to confirm ...All i need to keep is the bak0 file and delete the rest ?

Thanks netsrak

asox
01-25-2010, 08:33 AM
I become a Errormessage, if i want to export the notes to Fulltilt
A part of the path can not found c:\programme\........
I have installed Fulltilt under a other path, so i think that is the reason for the errormessage.
What can i do ?

TylerD
01-25-2010, 08:37 AM
Does the export merge existing notes? Would be handy to have the stats appended to the end of any specific notes we've made. Thanks.

muppetpower
01-25-2010, 09:15 AM
Would it be possible to have the normal HUD optional at rush tables as it was working previously?

I know it would only appear on one table, but I liked the fact that I could get a feel for how I was playing without looking at HEM itself. More importantly with the table popup it provided an easy way to mark hands for later review and note taking. If you could display just the Hero's HUD across all Rush tables with combined stats as well as the table popup that would be even better for me.

How long till the auto-rate colouring will be implemented? Its a shame that you didn't just merge in old notes and leave the ColourIx field alone, even if you did replace the whole Text field, as FT doesn't require that ColourIx is even populated. I'm finding the pink quite disturbing as I previously used that to mark supergood players!

Will it be possible to choose which stats get put into the notes?

Golden_Age
01-25-2010, 10:19 AM

http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate.exe

• Added an option for the FTP Rush Games. click on HUD Options - Rush FTP Notes Export and you will be able to export all of your FTP stats to FTP notes so that they are viewable when playing Rush games.
• Fixed problem where some PKR tourneys would not have the hands properly attached to the tourney and potentially not import the hands at all.
• Fixed an error message that would appear if Holdem Manager did not have enough permission to read the registry.
• If TableNinja sidebar is turned off in options then the TableNinja options in the importing tab will be hidden
• Poker Tracker exports Party tourney hand histories with multiple ***Dealing down cards*** in the same hand which caused import issues.
• In Multi-Monitor setups where monitors are added and then removed the HM window could disappear when it is re-launched. Added code to try to stop this from happening.
• Fixed problem where duplicate hands would appear as import errors on non-english installations of postgresql.

http://www.holdemmanager.com/Holdem-Manager-Now-Displays-Opponent-Stat-On-Rush-Poker-Tables

i ran and installed the holdem update twice but my HEM still shows 1.09 build and there is no rush poker option in HUD options tab

any ideas?

Golden_Age
01-25-2010, 10:27 AM
gonna try the betaupdate exe will report back

edit yeah not sure whats up but I have a Holdem Manager file in C: and also the RVG file in C:, holdem manager has the 1.09 build and RVG had the 1.10 build, made a new shortcut from the RVG file

Respawn
01-25-2010, 10:29 AM
If you could display just the Hero's HUD across all Rush tables with combined stats as well as the table popup that would be even better for me.

Great idea, I hate that I can't mark hands for review in Rush.

Yes, please make an option so this adheres to the rules in the HUD profiles.
Obv. color coding individual stats doesn't work but I mean the order of the stats, abbreviations yes/no, which line shows what etc.
Some people might like "19/15/2.5" whereas others may want "VPIP: 19 PFR: 15 AF: 2.5"

Does the export merge existing notes? Would be handy to have the stats appended to the end of any specific notes we've made. Thanks.

I'd prefer them to be on top followed by a line feed, followed by my notes. Make it optional, I guess.
But yeah, it should merge with existing notes instead of overwriting them.

Crazyeyez
01-25-2010, 11:32 AM

Can't wait to try this. What a quick turnaround. You guys are the best.

netsrak
01-25-2010, 11:59 AM
I have installed Fulltilt under a other path, so i think that is the reason for the errormessage.
What can i do ?
At the moment it only seems to work for the FTP default path. I already send a message to RVG72.

Your old notes are saved in a backup file (your screenname).bak1.....You can copy it back to (your screenname).xml manually (close the FTP client before doing it)

fasteddie_21
01-25-2010, 12:33 PM
At the moment it only seems to work for the FTP default path. I already send a message to RVG72.

I was just coming to report this issue. If you don't have FTP installed in the default area (c: Program Files (x86) ---> FTP) we get an error.

Acid_Wave
01-25-2010, 12:40 PM
I was just coming to report this issue. If you don't have FTP installed in the default area (c: Program Files (x86) ---> FTP) we get an error.

That path in 64-bit Windows. I use 32-bit version and HM also want that path.

Rvg72
01-25-2010, 01:07 PM
thank you for the rush notes feature. estimated time until auto-rate/colour coding added?

It won't be long but can't give an ETA just yet

Just been messing about with it ..

Just played 3-4 small sessions and then auto imported the hands after each session ..

I now have bak0, bak1, bak2, bak3 .... can i delete the earlier back ups and just leave the latest ones in there ?

Right now we backup every time just to make sure you don't accidentally delete the original FTP notes. We found some people would do a backup and then manually rename the original backup and then this gets overwritten. Multiple backups is the short term way to try and make sure this doesn't happen but we will make this work better in the next update

Are you still going to try to get the actual real time HUD to work with Rush tables?

We're looking into it but at this point not sure if that's going to be possible due to the way FTP now works internally

Just to confirm ...All i need to keep is the bak0 file and delete the rest ?

Thanks netsrak

Don't delete the smallest notes file - that is most likely your original one

What can i do ?

We will look into this and fix

Not yet. We will add the importing of FTP notes in the next update and that way you can import into HM and then they will be exported.

This is coming

How long till the auto-rate colouring will be implemented? Its a shame that you didn't just merge in old notes and leave the ColourIx field alone, even if you did replace the whole Text field, as FT doesn't require that ColourIx is even populated. I'm finding the pink quite disturbing as I previously used that to mark supergood players!

This is being worked on

Would it be possible to have the normal HUD optional at rush tables as it was working previously?

This is possible, we'll look into it. We could just keep hero stats potentially and hide the rest since they will never match up to the right players

[QUOTE]i ran and installed the holdem update twice but my HEM still shows 1.09 build and there is no rush poker option in HUD options tab

any ideas[QUOTE]

Make sure you reboot and then extract the update to the right folder

Hope you guys enjoy the Rush feature and we will deal with these bugs and upgrades as quickly as we can

Roy

netsrak
01-25-2010, 03:27 PM
Workaround for non-standard FTP installations:

Open explorer/workplace and create the standard FTP folder structure given in the error message. It is sth. like: c\Program Files(x86)\Full Tilt Poker.
Export the notes to the xml file in this folder
Copy the xml file to your custom FTP installation folder (save the old one before overwriting it).

Respawn
01-25-2010, 03:47 PM
To give you some additional motivation... ;)
From the PokerTracker 3 forums:

I've been told that when we release a fix, it will be to have full HUD support for Rush tables.

I've also been told it's nearly there.

Acid_Wave
01-25-2010, 05:01 PM
Workaround for non-standard FTP installations:

Open explorer/workplace and create the standard FTP folder structure given in the error message. It is sth. like: c\Program Files(x86)\Full Tilt Poker.
Export the notes to the xml file in this folder
Copy the xml file to your custom FTP installation folder (save the old one before overwriting it).

Path c\Program Files(x86)\Full Tilt Poker need only for open export window. And then probably to choose a file in FTP installation path.

theorize
01-25-2010, 07:12 PM
I did your recent update that automatically puts the hud stats in the player notes which I think is really great, thank you!

Questions:

You have a default set of stats but if I wanted to customize it to display more stats is this possible, if so how do I set that up?

Also, I notice that the cards don't ghost after opponent mucks a losing hand at show down and I have to manually go into the last hand feature of FT if I want to see what they folded. I like the ghosting feature better, is it possible to still have this?

will graham
01-25-2010, 08:32 PM
i downloaded the 1.10.01 update

getting the following error message when i click on the icon to start HEM

An error ocurred(sic) on startup: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\fishfinder\filterv2' is denied.

Rvg72
01-25-2010, 09:26 PM
i downloaded the 1.10.01 update

getting the following error message when i click on the icon to start HEM

An error ocurred(sic) on startup: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\fishfinder\filterv2' is denied.

Set HM to run as administrator and/or turn off UAC

jz1014
01-25-2010, 09:40 PM
After upgrading to 1.10.01 I can longer open HEM, it just gets stuck on initializing database at startup and never moves past it. Any ideas on what the problem could be?

edit: nvm, seemed to be a one time thing. After ending task via task manager and restarting, it worked fine. Not sure what happened the first time but Ill update if it happens again.

Also, the rush note feature works great. I cant wait until the auto color code thing comes out, but for now this is very very useful. One quick question, anyone know what color code # is for "none" in the xml file? I want to turn off the pink color code that is on my name, just not sure which # to use. Thanks!

Crazyeyez
01-26-2010, 12:19 AM
Also, the rush note feature works great. I cant wait until the auto color code thing comes out, but for now this is very very useful. One quick question, anyone know what color code # is for "none" in the xml file? I want to turn off the pink color code that is on my name, just not sure which # to use. Thanks!

I haven't tried these yet but I grabbed this list from somewhere.

0 Reddish-Purple
1 Magenta
2 Red
3 Orange
4 Light Orange
5 Yellow
6 Yellow Green
7 Green
8 Dark Green
9 Cyan
A Aqua
B Blue
C Bluish-Purple
D Purple
-1 NONE

fozzy71
01-26-2010, 01:41 AM
I did your recent update that automatically puts the hud stats in the player notes which I think is really great, thank you!

Questions:

You have a default set of stats but if I wanted to customize it to display more stats is this possible, if so how do I set that up?

Not yet, but in a future update.

Also, I notice that the cards don't ghost after opponent mucks a losing hand at show down and I have to manually go into the last hand feature of FT if I want to see what they folded. I like the ghosting feature better, is it possible to still have this?

Perhaps in the future. The developers are looking at various ways to improve upon this system they developed. Some people want to see her hud and others want to see the table averages HUD for reviewing and marking hands. I am not sure which things the developer will (be able to) do, but this thread is the larger of the new Rush threads, so I merged your thread here.

hruum
01-26-2010, 05:11 AM
Perhaps it's a dumb question, but is it works for Omaha Manager too?

will graham
01-26-2010, 05:24 AM
thanks for the help earlier. got it working with running programs as admin.

question:

with the rush notes - does it turn the color for any player you have hands/notes on to pink? or just the new ones?

i dont really make notes on players but i use the colors to classify them. so will any players i have colored as orange or green turn pink now if i export notes for rush?

i'm assuming this would occur for rush and regular ring games as well?

thanks for the help

netsrak
01-26-2010, 07:52 AM
The notes will be overwritten for all players who match your export criteria. And the notes color for this players will be changed to the default (pink?) color.

To restore your old settings you need to rename the backup copy of the notes file.

Ejsik
01-26-2010, 10:09 AM
In response to the problem where hands stop importing and import errors start showing up, I think I have found the reason for this. It seems to follow a disconnection. After a disco something happens to the hand history file and imports fail. I checked the HH file manually but could see no obvious discrepancies. It may be something to do with the file being flagged as in use by FT? Presumably it's an FT problem, not HEM.

Anyway, to resolve the problem you need to temporarily close FT. This releases the file so that you can import it manually or automatically into HEM. Then re-start FT and the problem will not re-oocur unless you have another disconnection.

This doesn't seem to be the problem. I have old files with hands from Rush Poker, just downloaded the new version and it imported about 1500 hands from something like 16000. The rest were errors. Next time I try to import from the same folder it says 0 files to proces..
It DOES seem like a problem with HEM because PT3 imports every hand without problems..

Fisken
01-26-2010, 10:24 AM
Just downloaded the newest patch, but HM won't start.
What should i do now?
Can not read file Npgsql, Version=2.0.6.0, Culture=neutral PublicKeyToken=5d8b90d52f54fda7

kevin2001
01-26-2010, 11:54 AM
i just exported notes for rush poker and it was successful. how do i get my notes back to normal? tia

ProsperousOne
01-26-2010, 12:19 PM
i just exported notes for rush poker and it was successful. how do i get my notes back to normal? tia

Rename your new xml file from yourFTPscreenName.xml to something like yourFTPscreenName.rush, and rename your backed up yourFTPscreenName.bak0 to yourFTPscreenName.xml

netsrak
01-26-2010, 02:59 PM
This doesn't seem to be the problem. I have old files with hands from Rush Poker, just downloaded the new version and it imported about 1500 hands from something like 16000. The rest were errors. Next time I try to import from the same folder it says 0 files to proces..
It DOES seem like a problem with HEM because PT3 imports every hand without problems..
Move the files to a different folder and try to import them again.

Just downloaded the newest patch, but HM won't start.
What should i do now?
Can not read file Npgsql, Version=2.0.6.0, Culture=neutral PublicKeyToken=5d8b90d52f54fda7
reboot your computer
clear your browser cache or use a different browser
download and install the update again as first thing.

Ejsik
01-26-2010, 04:42 PM
Moving to another folder didn't seem to work, but creating a new database did :)
Thanks !

billip62
01-26-2010, 06:14 PM
This is a huge help. I'm surprised to see the desparity in how people play rush, but that's a different conversation. I'm really looking for an auto rate/color code system and rush hands marked differently than normal hands.

I think this will be a real battle of technology between the different software. Whoever evolves the best solution will have a big advantage. My money is on HEM (literally).

TurtleKnife
01-26-2010, 07:36 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but wont the stats only be picked up for a portion of the hand that HM reads on the table, only for as long as the player sits at that table?

Once that table is changed, there wont be any more stats to track from that particular hand if you decided to bail with your QJs on the button when there was 2 raise before you.

efiong
01-26-2010, 08:04 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but wont the stats only be picked up for a portion of the hand that HM reads on the table, only for as long as the player sits at that table?

Once that table is changed, there wont be any more stats to track from that particular hand if you decided to bail with your QJs on the button when there was 2 raise before you.

FullTilt writes the full hand history to file including any cards face up at showdown, regardless of whether we stick around to see the end of the hand.

TurtleKnife
01-26-2010, 08:06 PM
FullTilt writes the full hand history to file including any cards face up at showdown, regardless of whether we stick around to see the end of the hand.

OIC. Great then.

Veteran68
01-26-2010, 08:14 PM

As I understood it, if you're dealt in the hand, you'll get the full HH like always, even if you Quick Fold and move to another table immediately. Once the hand you left is played out, FT will write the complete history to your HH folder for HEM to import.

BTW, is this "the" TurtleKnife? :)

EDIT: Whoops, too slow on finishing the post, I see someone beat me to it.

forzamilan
01-26-2010, 10:27 PM
I downloaded the update, but now when I try to open HEM, while it is initializing the following error comes up:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Cannot create instance of 'GameStatistics' defined in assembly 'HoldemVision, Version=1.0.0.0. Culture=netural, PublicKeyToken=null'. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Error at object 'System.Windows.Controls.TabItem' in markup file 'HoldemVision;component/control.xaml'.

If I continue, the error goes away, but HEM doesn't ever initialize. At least not for 10 minutes, at which point I gave up.

Help!

fozzy71
01-26-2010, 11:50 PM
Restart your computer and download/install the update again, before you ever start HM.

wallace09
01-27-2010, 01:15 AM
I wanna keep the colors I've chosen for players, is there any way not to override the color when updating stats?
Maybe editing the xml file manually in a text editor, etc.

I could update my stats and then override just the colors of the backup file, should be possible as a workaround but have no glue how to do it.

Any suggestions?

netsrak
01-27-2010, 04:05 AM
HM doesn't pick the stats from the tables, it imports them from the handhistories. Haven't checked it on my own but even for Rush tables complete handhistories should be written by the FTP client.

Crazyeyez
01-27-2010, 10:46 AM
I wanna keep the colors I've chosen for players, is there any way not to override the color when updating stats?

I could update my stats and then override just the colors of the backup file, should be possible as a workaround but have no glue how to do it.

Any suggestions?

You could certainly do it manually. If you have a lot of notes it would be tedious.

Open your existing xml in notepad. Then have HEM generate the new one, and open that in notepad as well. Then look for

ColourIx="1"
in the HEM xml and replace with whatever number you already have in your original xml for each player note.

Or try opening in Excel and do a vlookup. I've never tried this and don't know if Excel handles the file correctly but if you have a lot of entries to change it's worth a try. Maybe there are xml editors that do this type of thing.

Or be like me and wait patiently for the crack HEM staff to add custom note functionality. ;)

netsrak
01-27-2010, 12:43 PM
Or be like me and wait patiently for the crack HEM staff to add custom note functionality. ;)
Good idea :)

Acid_Wave
01-27-2010, 01:02 PM

Any suggestions?

You can use my util to mix old notes and exported stats. After playing at FTP if you write new notes they can extract it to old notes file.
In first edit select file with stats that exported by HEM.
In second edit select old backuped file with you own notes and color marks.
In third edit file where util will save mixed result. Also mixed file overwrite .xml file.
Press "Mix" button.

After playing @ FTP you can save changes in notes at your old backuped file with you own notes and color marks.

In first edit select .xml file after working FTP with mixed stats, notes and new notes.
In third edit file where util save mixed result before start FTP.

Press "Re-Mix" button.

http://xmages.net/upload/5765b25f.jpg

eddie
01-27-2010, 05:12 PM
You guys are the best. This update works perfectly!

JimmyRare
01-27-2010, 05:33 PM
Too bad this is going to slow down rush poker a lot when the nit-hud-bots will open up the notes before every descision. Actually I'm a bit sad this update was done.

Respawn
01-28-2010, 03:30 AM
Go go HEM! The race is on.

PT3 with fully functional, instantly updating HUD for Rush poker (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/45/software/new-software-pokertracker-3-build-5-2-60-day-trial-22-aug-2009-a-115744/index446.html#post16413376)

Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ltl3qBz115A)

asox
01-28-2010, 05:39 AM
I don't like it, that Pokertrackeruser have now full HUD-Support on the Rushtables, and we not.

I had no problem to play without HUD so long as nobody can use a HUD, but now thats a big disadvantage.
Sorry, but the Notes-resolution is not a alternative to a full functioning HUD

So please tell me, until when we can hope to have a full functioning HUD for rushpoker ?

Crazyeyez
01-28-2010, 10:44 AM
My god people have no patience.

If Rush poker is going to be a long-term thing, waiting a few days or weeks for HUD is trivial.

HEM doesn't need me defending them but some people in this thread and on 2p2 sound like children yelling "ARE WE THERE YET?!?!" in the car every 3 minutes.

lihan
01-28-2010, 01:48 PM
cant believe they added hud, this is bullshit

JimmyRare
01-28-2010, 02:44 PM
Hopefully FTP will not allow HUDs in rush poker or they allow randomized aliases or something.

Llanlad
01-28-2010, 07:44 PM
What is all this noise in regards to a HUD being created for the Rush tables ?

I dont understand why people are going so mad over this ..:confused:

Rush poker is a just another way of playing a shed load of hands more quicker, without the need to mass table ... hence the name ..

If it was called something like Blind poker .. then yes i could understand the moaning ...

forzamilan
01-28-2010, 08:05 PM
Restart your computer and download/install the update again, before you ever start HM.

I did this, but the same error is still happening.

The Minder
01-28-2010, 08:51 PM
Go go HEM! The race is on.

PT3 with fully functional, instantly updating HUD for Rush poker (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/45/software/new-software-pokertracker-3-build-5-2-60-day-trial-22-aug-2009-a-115744/index446.html#post16413376)

Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ltl3qBz115A)
This is a little disconcerting. PT3's forte is tournies whereas HM is more aligned to ring games and yet PT3 has bolted out of the gate on this one.

will graham
01-28-2010, 10:39 PM
thnks for the help so far.

so the HEM has made backups (bak files)

when i want to go back to my old notes, i ve read a few responses that i can just rename the first backup file to my screename.xml or whatver. but the backups are bak files?

is there something i need to do to make one of them a XML document?

and what do i do with the most recent xml file that i was using for rush?

any help is appreciated.

thanks.

fozzy71
01-28-2010, 11:13 PM
I did this, but the same error is still happening.

1) Make a backup of your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder, and any other important files.
2) Uninstall HM with www.revouninstaller.com using the Deep setting.
3) If given the option, on the 2 following screens of Revo, choose the Select All > Delete buttons to remove any registry entries and leftover files.
4) Reboot your computer
5) Install the complete setup of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_Setup.exe
6) Test if it for a while and see if it works

This is a little disconcerting. PT3's forte is tournies whereas HM is more aligned to ring games and yet PT3 has bolted out of the gate on this one.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/fozzy71/Smileys/tape.gif

My god people have no patience.

If Rush poker is going to be a long-term thing, waiting a few days or weeks for HUD is trivial.

HEM doesn't need me defending them but some people in this thread and on 2p2 sound like children yelling "ARE WE THERE YET?!?!" in the car every 3 minutes.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/fozzy71/Smileys/roxor.gif

thnks for the help so far.

so the HEM has made backups (bak files)

when i want to go back to my old notes, i ve read a few responses that i can just rename the first backup file to my screename.xml or whatver. but the backups are bak files?

is there something i need to do to make one of them a XML document?

Windows hides 'known file extensions' by default. http://www.granneman.com/techinfo/windows/showextensions/

I would copy/paste your username.bak0 file, so you have a spare copy of the original notes file.

Now Right-Click > Rename to the Username - Copy.bak0 file and name it Username.xml

and what do i do with the most recent xml file that i was using for rush?

You can simply rename it to anything you want, or delete it. The next time you play you will probably want to export your rush notes again. It will export all those same stats/notes and any new hands, so it can become a bit redundant.

forzamilan
01-29-2010, 12:18 AM
1) Make a backup of your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder, and any other important files.
2) Uninstall HM with www.revouninstaller.com using the Deep setting.
3) If given the option, on the 2 following screens of Revo, choose the Select All > Delete buttons to remove any registry entries and leftover files.
4) Reboot your computer
5) Install the complete setup of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_Setup.exe
6) Test if it for a while and see if it works

heh...would this cause me to lose all of the hands I've uploaded into HEM?

perhaps it'd be easier to just re-install the old version I was using fine before, then try again when the real rush updates come in?

pokah08
01-29-2010, 12:23 AM
You can use my util to mix old notes and exported stats. After playing at FTP if you write new notes they can extract it to old notes file.
In first edit select file with stats that exported by HEM.
In third edit file where util will save mixed result. Also mixed file overwrite .xml file.
Press "Mix" button.

After playing @ FTP you can save changes in notes at your old backuped file with you own notes and color marks.

In first edit select .xml file after working FTP with mixed stats, notes and new notes.
In third edit file where util save mixed result before start FTP.

Press "Re-Mix" button.

http://xmages.net/upload/5765b25f.jpg

This util appears to be working! I get to keep my color coded notes intact; better than before which converted all my color-coded notes to purple. I used the Mixed button. Thanks!

efiong
01-29-2010, 04:44 AM

Hold on, they haven't released it yet! HEM team aren't in the habit of putting out videos for unreleased functionality are they? I recall at least one video from HEM team showing stuff in the works a while back so a maybe talking out of my behind here.

Anyway, I have both (started out as an avid PT3 fan). Even if PT3 does get Rush HUD out before HEM, I'd only use PT3 for Rush games and even then I'd switch straight back to HEM when they have support for Rush - assuming HEM does at least a good a job of it - because HEM is the nutz.

Unfortunately for the HEM team, I have every faith that they will do a *better* job so the bar is pretty high :)

netsrak
01-29-2010, 05:49 AM
heh...would this cause me to lose all of the hands I've uploaded into HEM?

perhaps it'd be easier to just re-install the old version I was using fine before, then try again when the real rush updates come in?

Reinstalling HM will not affect the data saved in the Postgresql database.
But make sure to uncheck postgresql when running the full Holdemmanager installer.

Lory
01-29-2010, 08:47 AM
Hi, I have installed FTP in another partition of the HD, and when I try options, a dialog box whit "Could not find a part of the path C:/program...." And I cannot continue.

Any solutions? (whitout reinstall FTP at C:/)

HarryPoker
01-29-2010, 09:42 AM
I want to add more stats to the notes of poker rush? as I do :confused:

netsrak
01-29-2010, 10:50 AM
Hi, I have installed FTP in another partition of the HD, and when I try options, a dialog box whit "Could not find a part of the path C:/program...." And I cannot continue.

Any solutions? (whitout reinstall FTP at C:/)

Create the folder from the error message (c:\program files..) then you should be able to choose your correct folder during the update.

I want to add more stats to the notes of poker rush? as I do :confused:
At the moment it is a one way solution: the notes will be overwritten with the next export. But we are working on it.

Lory
01-31-2010, 09:08 AM
Create the folder from the error message (c:\program files..) then you should be able to choose your correct folder during the update.

Solved, thanks.

luking
01-31-2010, 09:23 AM
Hold on, they haven't released it yet! HEM team aren't in the habit of putting out videos for unreleased functionality are they? I recall at least one video from HEM team showing stuff in the works a while back so a maybe talking out of my behind here.

Anyway, I have both (started out as an avid PT3 fan). Even if PT3 does get Rush HUD out before HEM, I'd only use PT3 for Rush games and even then I'd switch straight back to HEM when they have support for Rush - assuming HEM does at least a good a job of it - because HEM is the nutz.

Unfortunately for the HEM team, I have every faith that they will do a *better* job so the bar is pretty high :)

PT3 new version supporting rush poker was released. It works great!

Right know I have to use pt3 for rush poker. (but only for rush poker)

Ajax
01-31-2010, 01:59 PM
At the moment it is a one way solution: the notes will be overwritten with the next export. But we are working on it.

I have not yet tried the Rush feature that exports stats from HEM and then imports them into the FTP notes. If I do use it, will it overwrite the FTP notes that I currently have on players?

Llanlad
01-31-2010, 06:35 PM
Im having to use PT3 too ...

Its a weird feeling ... I have allmost the same stats of my PT3 HUD as i would on my HEM HUD ... and yet i feel more comfortable with the HEM HUD .. :confused:

Cmon HEM .. you cant make me feel like this for too long ... :D

netsrak
02-01-2010, 06:57 AM
I have not yet tried the Rush feature that exports stats from HEM and then imports them into the FTP notes. If I do use it, will it overwrite the FTP notes that I currently have on players?

As explained in the exports window it will save your original notes file and overwrite it. You can restore the original version by copying the file back. You find a description earlier in this thread.

Ajax
02-01-2010, 07:24 AM
As explained in the exports window it will save your original notes file and overwrite it. You can restore the original version by copying the file back. You find a description earlier in this thread.

Okay thanks.

The problem with it being explained in the exports window is that I needed to know BEFORE I opened the exports window. As soon as I chose "HUD Options -> Rush FTP Notes Export", my notes could have been overwritten.:eek:

If the menus were different in HEM, this problem would have never happened. Here are two menus:

"HUD Options -> Rush FTP Notes Export"
"HUD Options -> Rush FTP Notes Export..."

Notice the difference between the two.

When there is a “...” it means that the window opens another window, and then the user has the option to perform the operation after the window is opened.

When there is NOT a “…” it means that the window performs an operation immediately.

This is standard GUI (Graphical User Interface) convention. The way the menus are in HEM is actually something like a bug in the program. It would be good for HEM to adjust all the menus according to this standard. As the menus are now, the user never knows if a window will come up, or if an operation will be performed immediately.

"HUD Options -> Rush FTP Notes Export" :eek: (what's gonna happen!)
"HUD Options -> Rush FTP Notes Export..." :cool: (no problem)

Ajax
02-01-2010, 07:36 AM
We are not able to see our own HUD stats for the Rush poker session, and that puts us at a disadvantage. It would be good for the Rush HUD to still show up for Hero.

PT3 is tracking our stats right now, and we do not even have our own session stats in the HUD. Could this be changed?:)

netsrak
02-01-2010, 12:03 PM
When there is a “...” it means that the window opens another window, and then the user has the option to perform the operation after the window is opened.

When there is NOT a “…” it means that the window performs an operation immediately.

This is standard GUI (Graphical User Interface) convention. The way the menus are in HEM is actually something like a bug in the program. It would be good for HEM to adjust all the menus according to this standard. As the menus are now, the user never knows if a window will come up, or if an operation will be performed immediately.

Where do you have this conventions from? I don't think this is standard GUI convention but if you have a link for me i can forward it to the Developers.

WILDB3AST
02-01-2010, 12:12 PM
Guys, I hope you are not delaying the full notes import functionality in an effort to add a HUD. I for one will be happy just to be able to auto colour-code and choose which stats to import.

muppetpower
02-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Where do you have this conventions from? I don't think this is standard GUI convention but if you have a link for me i can forward it to the Developers.

standard imo

Ajax
02-01-2010, 02:11 PM

standard imo
Yes.

The general idea is that the user should at no time feel like he is not in control of the program. If you read my above post, you can see how the user might think that the program could do something more than he wants, thus making him feel that he is not in control.

I looked for a link for a while and could not find anything on this specific convention, but you can see it in many applications. If it does not change in HEM, I guess it's no big deal. The more I use it, the less I care, b/c I am familiar with the application.

Just do not expect a user to know what is in the window before he opens it in the menu:

As explained in the exports window it will save your original notes file and overwrite it.
I did not want to go into the window to find out. So I posted a question here.:)

Rvg72
02-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Okay thanks.

The problem with it being explained in the exports window is that I needed to know BEFORE I opened the exports window. As soon as I chose "HUD Options -> Rush FTP Notes Export", my notes could have been overwritten.:eek:

If the menus were different in HEM, this problem would have never happened. Here are two menus:

"HUD Options -> Rush FTP Notes Export"
"HUD Options -> Rush FTP Notes Export..."

Notice the difference between the two.

"HUD Options -> Rush FTP Notes Export" :eek: (what's gonna happen!)
"HUD Options -> Rush FTP Notes Export..." :cool: (no problem)

It's a good point actually and something I overlooked. I don't think many people realize that ... = new window but for the people who do it could be helpful and is very quick to change

Roy

Rvg72
02-01-2010, 03:19 PM
Regarding Rush, we are releasing 1.10.02 today with no Rush updates (besides a bug fix if you have FTP installed in a non default folder) but we are working on a complete solution and will release this once it is ready.

Roy

jimbob615
02-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Regarding Rush, we are releasing 1.10.02 today with no Rush updates (besides a bug fix if you have FTP installed in a non default folder) but we are working on a complete solution and will release this once it is ready.

Roy

thx, non-official rough draft non-committing ETA?

Veteran68
02-01-2010, 10:11 PM

Roy has addressed it but I'll chime in to confirm that it is standard Windows GUI behavior, I can't recall if it's a CUA (Common User Access) convention or not, but probably.

To clarify, a menu option that prompts the user for input before executing an action has the "..." added. Menu options that execute an action immediately, or just display an informational dialog that doesn't require additional input to carry out the action, do not.

Here's the section of the Microsoft guide on UI design that describes the use of ellipses. (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa511502.aspx#ellipses)

It's probably something most people who aren't developers pay much attention to. :)

Ajax
02-02-2010, 05:33 AM
Here's the section of the Microsoft guide on UI design that describes the use of ellipses. (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa511502.aspx#ellipses)

It's probably something most people who aren't developers pay much attention to. :)

I was at the same site, looking around the same area, but could not find what you found.:o
Kudos to you!

NTB
02-02-2010, 01:30 PM
I DLed and installed the update with minimal fuss.

HEM launches.
I get the rush FTP export notes window up fine.
I set the parameters fine.
I click the execute and get 2 window popups
one for alert that a .bak has been created and then a 2nd which warns me it could take some time based on DB size.

then

HEM just freezes/becomes unresponsive. I have tried multiple times and with the lowest amount of data to export (tried just like 800 HHs worth of data) and no matter what it still just freezes.

Please help.
Tx

pokeronmars
02-03-2010, 08:14 AM
Hi guys,
maybe it's a stupid question but I didn't read all the thread,
on my pc HUD doesn't work on rush poker tables, is it normal?

branz
02-03-2010, 08:43 AM
Hi guys,
:rolleyes:

branz
02-03-2010, 08:48 AM
Hi guys,

yeah auto rate is missing! :confused::p

fenhir
02-03-2010, 11:26 AM
yeah auto rate is missing! :confused::p

BTW: My auto-rate-notes-icon-feature-request was just a request for an workaround if a normal HUD for Rush-Poker is not possible -- which I thought is not.

But now -- as we can see on Poker Tracker 3 -- a normal HUD for Rush-Poker is possible. I hope HEM can archive that too with the next update... And I hope it does not consume too much CPU-ressources to get it work -- when it is done ^^.

But nevertheless, controlling the FTP-notes-icons within HEM would be a nice feature. Maybe for something like a buddy-list and/or shark-list and/or per auto-rate.

SamDMND
02-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Hey guys, thanks for all the hard work in adjusting the software to rush poker

The notes export has worked like a dream for me and is a neat feature...

However, when I tried to get my old notes back to play some of the standard tables again it did not work.

I deleted the current username.xml file which I assumed was my latest rush poker stats notes. I then copied and pasted (to duplicate) and renamend the .bak0 file with as username.xml. Have I deleted my old notes? or am I just doing something wrong?

***edit: to clarify, I still get the stats in the notes section and not my original notes

Cheers :)

branz
02-03-2010, 12:29 PM
Hi guys,

Originally Posted by branz View Post
:rolleyes:
yeah auto rate is missing!:p
BTW: My auto-rate-notes-icon-feature-request was just a request for an workaround if a normal HUD for Rush-Poker is not possible -- which I thought is not.

But now -- as we can see on Poker Tracker 3 -- a normal HUD for Rush-Poker is possible. I hope HEM can archive that too with the next update... And I hope it does not consume too much CPU-ressources to get it work -- when it is done ^^.

But nevertheless, controlling the FTP-notes-icons within HEM would be a nice feature. Maybe for something like a buddy-list and/or shark-list and/or per auto-rate.

lol was just wondering if he reads his hud stats;)

fozzy71
02-03-2010, 12:38 PM

We are working on a HUD and are already testing one internally. I have no ETA for release yet, so don't ask. ;)

Hey guys, thanks for all the hard work in adjusting the software to rush poker

The notes export has worked like a dream for me and is a neat feature...

However, when I tried to get my old notes back to play some of the standard tables again it did not work.

I deleted the current username.xml file which I assumed was my latest rush poker stats notes. I then copied and pasted (to duplicate) and renamend the .bak0 file with as username.xml. Have I deleted my old notes? or am I just doing something wrong?

***edit: to clarify, I still get the stats in the notes section and not my original notes

Cheers :)

Did you make sure to close FTP before editing the note files? Open up your original .bak0 file with Notepad and look at it. Is it full of text notes or HUD stats?

Llanlad
02-03-2010, 01:58 PM
Im going to ask for compensation soon ...

I have come to the level headed conclusion that my outrageous down swing on the Rush tables is soley down to the fact im having to use the PT3 HUD ..

I have never ever ran so bad when using HEM ...

Ill be speaking to my lawyer in the morning ..:mad::rolleyes::D

DeepBlue
02-03-2010, 02:13 PM

Roy

Can you also break games down by 6-max or not, since the current way of doing it (players <= 6) includes a lot of hands from full tables with people sitting out?

SamDMND
02-03-2010, 04:32 PM
Aaaaaah yes thanks man, thats what I did, good job I made a copy ;) keep up the good work!

scottyballgame
02-03-2010, 06:43 PM
Does the temp solution on putting the HUD info in the note section auto update as I play more hands against villian?

Crazyeyez
02-03-2010, 06:48 PM
No. To update note-stats you have to import new hands to HEM, close Full Tilt, and re-generate the notes file.

Rvg72
02-03-2010, 09:37 PM
We have launched 1.10.02 which has Rush tracking in the manager (so in stakes you can see Rush hands seperated but only for newly imported hands) and tonight we will release a beta with full hud support and almost instant stat updates in the hud for Rush games.

Roy

novelmanhk25
02-03-2010, 10:16 PM
Roy, would the 1.10.02 fix the pretch problem after 2/2 FTP update?

random_guy
02-04-2010, 01:22 AM
We have launched 1.10.02 which has Rush tracking in the manager (so in stakes you can see Rush hands seperated but only for newly imported hands) and tonight we will release a beta with full hud support and almost instant stat updates in the hud for Rush games.

Roy

eagerly awaiting a working hud so i can gets me gold! will it be much longer????

BlackSaphire
02-04-2010, 04:55 AM

Roy
Would it be possible to manually mark previously imported hands as Rush?

I've "reserved" a specific stake for Rush, so it's possible to filter it at will, but marking them would be easier.

Eventually, could I delete and reimport hands from Rush table to have them correctly marked as Rush?

vlsup
02-04-2010, 05:22 AM

Roy

and where it is?
no changes in 1.10 release thread

fenhir
02-04-2010, 05:28 AM
and where it is?
no changes in 1.10 release thread
http://www.holdemmanager.com/store/downloads-manuals.php

jschell
02-04-2010, 06:40 AM
Should the HUD be working on rush tables in 1.10.02b? If so, what do we have to do to set it up? I just tried to test it out and nothing happened.

kondzior
02-04-2010, 11:41 AM
Tonight its the night?

Do you too feel like in Braveheart, when in the beggining of battle Wallace was saying "hold.., Hold..., HOLD..." and these guyes wanted to pick up theirs spears?:D

netsrak
02-04-2010, 11:44 AM
No rush Hud in 1.10.02b

Isura
02-04-2010, 01:31 PM
I first installed the 1.10.02 update, then I tried a full install with the 1.10.02b beta full setup since you need that for RUSH poker hud. The version number still shows 1.10.02. Did the beta install properly?

reallygambling
02-04-2010, 02:00 PM
is there a way to categorise rush poker hands that i played before the new update into the rush poker column?

random_guy
02-04-2010, 02:26 PM
i think when he said a hud with rush support was coming out later tonight(yesterday) he was actually in the future(today) because he said it yesterday and its not here. so it follows that he must have been in the future and he meant that it will be released for our use on this day instead of yesterday. i hope that clears things up.

WHEres me gold!?

vlsup
02-04-2010, 02:29 PM
http://www.holdemmanager.com/store/downloads-manuals.php

but why this 10.02 is so secret?
There is no update here
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=23748

NTB
02-04-2010, 03:57 PM
I DLed and installed the update with minimal fuss.

HEM launches.
I get the rush FTP export notes window up fine.
I set the parameters fine.
I click the execute and get 2 window popups
one for alert that a .bak has been created and then a 2nd which warns me it could take some time based on DB size.

then

HEM just freezes/becomes unresponsive. I have tried multiple times and with the lowest amount of data to export (tried just like 800 HHs worth of data) and no matter what it still just freezes.

Please help.
Tx

hello?

anybody there?

21!
02-04-2010, 05:23 PM
If the notes are exported HM will not be freezed anymore. You just have to wait until the exporting is finished.

random_guy
02-04-2010, 09:38 PM
bump

antneye
02-04-2010, 10:45 PM
Guys....where is the update that Roy is talking about. All I see is the full install on the download page but i am afraid to use that for fear that it will override settings.

Is that the same as updating? Or should I be waiting for an update link?

Rvg72
02-05-2010, 12:29 AM
Sorry, still working out a couple of issues. Likely be launched tomorrow

Roy

richardalpert
02-05-2010, 01:03 PM
I actually like the non hud solution with stat export into the ftp notes. will you continue on that in future updates? and if so, are u implementing auto color coding and custom stats export as announced after the first rush supporting update?

best regards

ibombonato
02-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Roy, would the 1.10.02 fix the pretch problem after 2/2 FTP update?

Instaled the 1.10.02 now and pre fetching is not working :(

GangusR
02-05-2010, 07:17 PM
I actually like the non hud solution with stat export into the ftp notes. will you continue on that in future updates? and if so, are u implementing auto color coding and custom stats export as announced after the first rush supporting update?

best regards

So in other words you never take notes on your observations/reads on other players? This is worth far more than basic statistics like VPIP/PFR/3bet/ect for the regs you'll encounter. For example can you adjust properly vs a reg running 13/11/3 3% 3-bet vs one running 16/14/4 5% 3-bet? The key to beating the game is noting betting patterns, whether or not villain merges his range, how polarized is his 3-bet, ect, ect. Furthermore two villains can run exactly 16/14 but have different range compositions.

In short if you're happy to overwrite all your notes on FT to be replaced by 6-8 basic stats, then you're prob not a winning player and don't make much proper use out of a HUD anyway. HEM's solution here is temporary at best. Honestly some of you so desperate for basic stats on the HUD that you're willing to overwrite all your notes should try playing on CAKE for a solid 100k+ hands where huds are totally banned. Will really improve you as a poker player when you actually have to work on improving your reads and observations on a player to player basis...wake up bots.

I've tried PT3's HUD and it is working great, but it causes seriously annoying lag. I have a top of the line high performance computer so no issue there. Quad 2.67 intel processor, 9GB RAM, ect.

I look forward to trying the HUD that comes out for HEM to see if it takes up less CPU resources

muppetpower
02-05-2010, 08:00 PM
In short if you're happy to overwrite all your notes on FT to be replaced by 6-8 basic stats, then you're prob not a winning player and don't make much proper use out of a HUD anyway.

If you didn't consider that someone might use the notes feature of HEM's hud rather than FT notes "then you're prob not a winning player"

GangusR
02-05-2010, 09:01 PM
If you didn't consider that someone might use the notes feature of HEM's hud rather than FT notes "then you're prob not a winning player"

I admit, I just bought HEM Pro in Nov and still mostly use PT3 since I've been using their advanced hud configuration for a long time and am used to it. So when I checked out the HEM stats/notes feature for RUSH I of course had not notes integrated into the program and this feature escaped my notice.

Thanks for pointing that out, but I think most of my comments still hold true for a large majority of players.

Looks like PT3 just released another update fixing the performance issues with RUSH anyway so I'll be putting HEM back on ice again. Willing to try it again though of course when they catch up to PT3.

Cheers.

DeepBlue
02-05-2010, 10:59 PM
I agree with you - all these people clamoring for the HUD. I've loved Rush so far because I can tell a lot of ships are lost at sea WITHOUT their HUDs. They think I raise too much then all of a sudden based on every 5th hand they see me in, then, boom, they're getting it all in preflop with TT-JJ against my AA-KK, or AJ against AK. Or I raise them big on the flop or turn with no warning, and, once again, they don't really know what my raise-flop/turn-to-won-pots ratio is.

I actually think the HUD is not a fair tool in Rush because it adds intelligence from hands that the user already folded and did not really observe. Sure maybe people zone out when they are waiting for the next hand on multiple tables, but this is another level from that.

I'll still be curious to see what HEM ends up with though for the Rush tables!

psl86
02-06-2010, 06:34 AM
I played a bunch of NL100 Rush hands today, and some of them shows up as Table - Adrenaline, Stakes NL100
and some as
Table - Adrenaline, Stakes RUSHnl100

Why? Can I manually change this in HeM?

Thanks

richardalpert
02-06-2010, 07:27 AM
ehm ya, tyty gangus. i forgot it indeed..

will HEM continue on the "stats 2 ftp notes" function in future updates? with auto color coding, custom stats and the possibility to add self written notes while playing? would appreciate that.

tokyoplayer
02-06-2010, 01:23 PM
[Wrong Thread]

Acid_Wave
02-06-2010, 04:42 PM
ehm ya, tyty gangus. i forgot it indeed..

will HEM continue on the "stats 2 ftp notes" function in future updates? with auto color coding, custom stats and the possibility to add self written notes while playing? would appreciate that.

You can use my miniutil to add self written notes while playing.
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showpost.php?p=122681&postcount=90

smoothjazz
02-07-2010, 01:59 AM
In version 1.10.02, the table avgs is disappear in rush poker table.
Anyone can help?

netsrak
02-07-2010, 06:22 AM
1.10.02 has no Hud for Rush tables

leolo
02-07-2010, 06:41 AM
when the new update with HUD for rush tables is going to be able??

2 day ago they said it will be ready by these days and I am still waiting

what happen??

smoothjazz
02-07-2010, 07:13 AM
when the new update with HUD for rush tables is going to be able??

2 day ago they said it will be ready by these days and I am still waiting

what happen??

I am waiting too!!!

kondzior
02-07-2010, 07:28 AM
how much is to do to release HUD?

leolo
02-07-2010, 04:56 PM
still waiting...

fozzy71
02-08-2010, 12:47 AM
We are still testing internally. We are getting closer to a public beta but I still can't/won't give an ETA.

netsrak
02-08-2010, 06:58 AM
Like children in the car...;)

BlackSaphire
02-08-2010, 07:07 AM
Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? :lol:

SeRvE_VolleY
02-08-2010, 08:58 AM
I noticed today, how my stats are now named RUSH etc etc....How do i merge the other hands I've already played into these named stakes?

Thanks

starf
02-08-2010, 11:17 AM
I noticed today, how my stats are now named RUSH etc etc....How do i merge the other hands I've already played into these named stakes?

Thanks

this

BlackSaphire
02-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Already answered :)

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?p=125058#post125058

GangusR
02-08-2010, 12:49 PM
By the way I've been trying out the PT3 "solution" to the RUSH HUD and currently it's a joke. I have the full paid for version of PT3. You have to use a database exclusively for rush hands and it can't be too large. Even then the mechanism they use to get the HUD in real time lags the FT client software so bad it can become impossible to play and my computer is not the issue.

Llanlad
02-08-2010, 02:21 PM
By the way I've been trying out the PT3 "solution" to the RUSH HUD and currently it's a joke. I have the full paid for version of PT3. You have to use a database exclusively for rush hands and it can't be too large. Even then the mechanism they use to get the HUD in real time lags the FT client software so bad it can become impossible to play and my computer is not the issue.
Thats unfair to PT ..

I have both HEM and PT3 but i prefer the HEM Hud and therefore use HEM ..

But ive been playing a fair bit of Rush and having to use PT3 because i prefer playing with a HUD ..

My computer is at least 5 years old and im 4 tabling the Rush tables with hardly no problems at all ..

Once HEM ( finally :mad::rolleyes::D ) get their HUD to work i will return straight away ..

But to knock PT3 here is unfair to the hard work they have put in to develop their own Rush HUD .

DeepBlue
02-08-2010, 04:19 PM
(Fingers still crossed that NO hud will ever exist for Rush...)

starf
02-08-2010, 04:32 PM

Fail
Too late!

dqmien
02-08-2010, 05:20 PM
When I import my stats to my fulltilt notes it overwrite all the notes I've written.

anyway to keep them please ?

DeepBlue
02-08-2010, 05:20 PM
What do you mean - it sounds like PT's is not working and HM's is still in progress. I am betting that FTP will make it so that HUDs will not work by tweaking the history filing at some point in the future, too.

Seriously, I don't get why everyone is clamoring for a HUD - all it takes is a few notes on how people play, which is 100X more useful than some stats which won't take effect until you actually play the same people over many more hands than at a regular table, due to the constant switching.

I really liked how the other solution was going actually, with stats being exported to the notes. That way for any real regs you can still have stats, but keep things clean for the majority of users.

Acid_Wave
02-08-2010, 05:55 PM
When I import my stats to my fulltilt notes it overwrite all the notes I've written.

anyway to keep them please ?
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/24827-rush-poker-ftp-post122681.html#post122681

guitarizt
02-08-2010, 06:40 PM
I will pay for another hem license for you to not make a hud for rush tables.

Crazyeyez
02-08-2010, 06:47 PM
But ive been playing a fair bit of Rush and having to use PT3 because i prefer playing with a HUD ..
My computer is at least 5 years old and im 4 tabling the Rush tables with hardly no problems at all ..

it sounds like PT's is not working
:confused:

I am betting that FTP will make it so that HUDs will not work by tweaking the history filing at some point in the future, too.
:confused: They've never indicated that they're anti-hud. They've implied the opposite.

*snip*
I really liked how the other solution was going actually, with stats being exported to the notes.

People have software where one of the primary uses is a HUD and then come to a forum/thread specific to using a HUD on a particular game and then complain about HUDs existing on that game.
Go complain somewhere else.

I will pay for another hem license for you to not make a hud for rush tables.

Believe it or not you're not required by law to use one once it becomes available.

GangusR
02-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Thats unfair to PT ..

I have both HEM and PT3 but i prefer the HEM Hud and therefore use HEM ..

Once HEM ( finally :mad::rolleyes::D ) get their HUD to work i will return straight away ..

But to knock PT3 here is unfair to the hard work they have put in to develop their own Rush HUD .

Fair enough, I'm happy that both PT3 and HEM are putting work into this and staying competitive. It might be unfair to call it a joke, but it's def. still a work in progress. I have a right to be critical because many people who didn't already have PT3 will buy it to try the HUD on rush while the games are still juicy, but can find themselves disappointed if they have a very large database. I think they do offer a satisfaction guarantee, but I'm not sure how hassle free it is to go for that. Either way, it's just gravy for us since we bought PT3 long ago. My computer is overkill for running 4 rush tables, so I think it's my 6 million large database rather than actual computer hardware limitations. No matter how high performance the computer, in a situation like this the hard drive will still be a limiting factor. I still just have a 7200rpm SATA hard drive like most people.

forzamilan
02-08-2010, 09:39 PM
You guys that are anti-HUD for Rush are being stupid.

Your argument is saying, "Hey, I don't want an advantage of having knowledge over other players that don't play with a HUD, I'd rather be on the same limited reading playing field".

WTF are you even thinking? Slap yourselves a few times and try again.

Chode
02-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Didn't read entire thread but my friend has a mac and uses poker co-pilot and they have a hud for rush. It is a side bar that has all the names of the players in the room and keeps stats of the hands you played with them. Something like that would work no?

The Minder
02-08-2010, 10:54 PM

Your argument is saying, "Hey, I don't want an advantage of having knowledge over other players that don't play with a HUD, I'd rather be on the same limited reading playing field".

Personally, I don't care if HM produces a HUD for Rush or not. Why I do find disconcerting is that this Rush thing seems to be consuming a lot of resources within RVG... resources that may be better applied to developments that have been in train for more than a year.

One poker site brings out one new initiative and it appears the HM world goes into melt down.

GangusR
02-09-2010, 12:01 AM
Personally, I don't care if HM produces a HUD for Rush or not. Why I do find disconcerting is that this Rush thing seems to be consuming a lot of resources within RVG... resources that may be better applied to developments that have been in train for more than a year.

One poker site brings out one new initiative and it appears the HM world goes into melt down.

X2, it's pretty funny. What's even more amusing is based on the action at NL100 in general, most "regs" at this level have no idea how to properly make use of all the information available to them from a fully working HUD anyway and there is not really much action above NL100 RUSH. It's like watching a bunch of middle school kids go on about how they must get that new 400hp v12 engine for their Toyota Yarus. :rolleyes:

SeRvE_VolleY
02-09-2010, 01:17 AM
Already answered :)

Converting hands to show as RUSH - Holdem Manager Forums (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?p=125058#post125058)

Thanks alot. All sorted.

tokyoplayer
02-09-2010, 01:19 AM
I have a right to be critical because many people who didn't already have PT3 will buy it to try the HUD on rush while the games are still juicy, but can find themselves disappointed if they have a very large database.

People who don't own it already still have 52 days or more before they have to make a decision and unless you play NL100 or NL200 it's a cheap decision. Also you can donk off in Omaha for free until that goes to pay.

mak
02-09-2010, 02:26 AM

+1

DeepBlue
02-09-2010, 07:22 PM

You, sir, are a fool. Would love to play you heads up any day to show you what the game is really about. Oh, you thought it was about looking at some generated statistics that everyone else can see, and glossing over people's betting actions? Prepare to ship it. :p

DeepBlue
02-09-2010, 07:23 PM

+1

forzamilan
02-09-2010, 08:05 PM
You, sir, are a fool. Would love to play you heads up any day to show you what the game is really about. Oh, you thought it was about looking at some generated statistics that everyone else can see, and glossing over people's betting actions? Prepare to ship it. :p

Everyone else can't see them. Most people don't use HEM or PT3. So they have no reads, artificial or experienced, against most players in Rush poker. Whereas a player with a HUD can have both experienced reads with notes, and statistics over a wider sample size of hands, giving them an advantage before even taking into account their own strategic knowledge of the game. I'll readily admit to being a fool on many things, but this is not one of those things.

DeepBlue
02-09-2010, 09:00 PM
Ok, fair enough, sorry for being an ass. Thank you for the thoughtful reply, it is true what you say.

morny
02-09-2010, 10:27 PM
Rush Support http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/26165-rush-hud-fully-supported.html

dqmien
03-07-2010, 07:32 PM
I keep getting an error saying "can't write rush file"

I only have to click "ok" and the hud keep working but It's annoying since it happens every 5 min or so.

Is there any way to fix this please ?

morny
03-08-2010, 02:48 AM
What version are you using, try updating to the latest version: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe and if that doesnt solve it please give HoldemManager Administrator rights:

1) Go to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager (Program Files (x86) if you have the 64bit version)
2) Rightclick the HoldemManager.exe and choose "Properties".
3) Go to the Compatibility Tab and select "Run this program as an Administrator". if the option is grayed out then this is because youve UAC disabled, in which case enable UAC Disable User Account Control (UAC) the Easy Way on Win 7 or Vista - How-To Geek (http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-user-account-control-uac-the-easy-way-on-windows-vista/) and reboot the PC then do step 3 and then you can disable UAC again if you like.
4) Do the same for HMHud.exe and DBControlPanel.exe

And if that doesnt work try reinstalling Holdem manager

You might want to consider this if your doing a reinstall

See this FAQ FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Registration Benefits (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/26/Registration+Benefits) on how to reset your code

and finally
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software - Reinstalling HEM without Losing Preferences (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/99/Reinstalling+HEM+without+Losing+Preferences+)

dqmien
03-08-2010, 06:01 AM
I use the latest HEM version.

My computer us running windows XP and I don't find "Run this program as an Administrator" in Compatibility Tab.

I'll try to reinstall HEM using your tutorial if there is nothing else I can do.

ps: My hud cover entirely the player's username. Can it be the source of the problem ?

Thanks for your help.

netsrak
03-08-2010, 07:20 AM
Under XP there is no administrator setting. So thats fine.

The Rush Hud needs to "see" the player name on the table. You should rearrange your stats and try again.

TheBrikster
03-14-2010, 09:03 PM
I just downloaded the latest update for HEM and my Rush poker HUD only shows up on 2 out of the 4 tables. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks

TheBrikster
03-14-2010, 09:30 PM
sorry it is working now

Arska
04-09-2010, 03:32 AM
my HUD also show only 2 tables when i playing 4, but i'dont know how i fixed that problem

Relentless
04-10-2010, 02:44 PM
My hud pop up only works on one of the 4tables that I have open.

and the pre-fetch doesnt always update on a particular hand.

St3v3k4hn
04-10-2010, 03:03 PM
I still can't see any stats in the replayer for Rush poker hands. Someone from support had a look and couldn't fix it. So I would like to try reinstalling. Do I need to uninstall first? What files do I need to save? How do I reinstall? Is there a FAQ or something covering all this? I looked but couldn't find it...
Thx

Relentless
04-10-2010, 03:05 PM
I still can't see any stats in the replayer for Rush poker hands. Someone from support had a look and couldn't fix it. So I would like to try reinstalling. Do I need to uninstall first? What files do I need to save? How do I reinstall? Is there a FAQ or something covering all this? I looked but couldn't find it...
Thx

i cant see stats in replayer either

Sirus
04-11-2010, 11:47 AM
does the hud work with rush plo08? The hud doesnt show, do i have to do anything?

morny
04-11-2010, 10:59 PM
Yeah it should do

1) The tables need to be sized appropriately. (600 - 750 range) If your Rush table is outside of that range a pop-up message in the HUD window will advise you.

2) Make sure your HUD doesn't overlap names on the table. We're using a screen scrape method for various reasons and the names must be visible so we can read them. Also go to FTP Lobby > Languages > Language Options and make sure they are set to English

3) Most performance issues can be resolved by changing the table window size even by a small amount.See #1 and make sure you have the rush update installed http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdateRush.exe

4) Make sure english is selected in the languages menu in the lobby

5) Test the Hud out on a normal table first to verify its working

6) Dont use any Aero or other windows themes, change it to the default xp/vistawin7 theme

XP Windows XP: Use Windows XP in "Classic view" (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/personalize/classic.mspx)
Vista Change the desktop theme (http://www.microsoft.com/enable/training/windowsvista/theme.aspx)
Win7
Windows 7 Switching Desktop Themes in Windows 7: Changing the Windows Aero Theme With Two Easy Methods (http://pc-tutorials.suite101.com/article.cfm/switching_desktop_themes_in_windows_7)

7) Turn Cleartype Off
Vista How to Turn Off ClearType in Windows Vista (http://www.i4u.com/article7805.html)
Windows 7 Turn Off ClearType — MAXIMUMpcguides – Windows 7 tips, tricks, help, and how-to guides (http://maximumpcguides.com/windows-7/turn-off-cleartype/)

8) Turn Avatars off in Full Tilt go to Options and untick Avatars

9) Switch between Classic and Racetrack in FT by going to Options > Table View

10) If you are using graphics mods you need to restore the default FTP graphics.

FTP Graphics Restore (http://www.fozzypokermods.com/ftprestore.html)

You should be able to use the Selective Restore Package and install the BasePods Classic and BasePods RaceTrack so that HMHUD can properly read the names from the basepod. The area around the player name text must be the default colors of Black or White.

11) Reduce number of tables

12) Please give HoldemManager Administrator rights -

1) Go to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager (Program Files (x86) if you have the 64bit version)
3) Go to the Compatibility Tab and select "Run this program as an Administrator".

Cheers
Morny

wallace09
04-14-2010, 06:10 PM
hello,

I'd like to have a backup of key stats in the player notes in case HUD doesn't show a players statistic (which occurs from time to time).

Unfortunately I deleted the old HM update version which supported the routine to write key player stats in FullTilt notes.

Can you please give me a link to the latest HM version where this feature is included so I can downgrade, run the routine once and update back to latest.

Thank you.

Sirus
04-15-2010, 12:11 AM
Yeah it should do

1) The tables need to be sized appropriately. (600 - 750 range) If your Rush table is outside of that range a pop-up message in the HUD window will advise you.

2) Make sure your HUD doesn't overlap names on the table. We're using a screen scrape method for various reasons and the names must be visible so we can read them. Also go to FTP Lobby > Languages > Language Options and make sure they are set to English

3) Most performance issues can be resolved by changing the table window size even by a small amount.See #1 and make sure you have the rush update installed http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdateRush.exe

4) Make sure english is selected in the languages menu in the lobby

5) Test the Hud out on a normal table first to verify its working

6) Dont use any Aero or other windows themes, change it to the default xp/vistawin7 theme

XP Windows XP: Use Windows XP in "Classic view" (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/personalize/classic.mspx)
Vista Change the desktop theme (http://www.microsoft.com/enable/training/windowsvista/theme.aspx)
Win7
Windows 7 Switching Desktop Themes in Windows 7: Changing the Windows Aero Theme With Two Easy Methods (http://pc-tutorials.suite101.com/article.cfm/switching_desktop_themes_in_windows_7)

7) Turn Cleartype Off
Vista How to Turn Off ClearType in Windows Vista (http://www.i4u.com/article7805.html)
Windows 7 Turn Off ClearType — MAXIMUMpcguides – Windows 7 tips, tricks, help, and how-to guides (http://maximumpcguides.com/windows-7/turn-off-cleartype/)

8) Turn Avatars off in Full Tilt go to Options and untick Avatars

9) Switch between Classic and Racetrack in FT by going to Options > Table View

10) If you are using graphics mods you need to restore the default FTP graphics.

FTP Graphics Restore (http://www.fozzypokermods.com/ftprestore.html)

You should be able to use the Selective Restore Package and install the BasePods Classic and BasePods RaceTrack so that HMHUD can properly read the names from the basepod. The area around the player name text must be the default colors of Black or White.

11) Reduce number of tables

12) Please give HoldemManager Administrator rights -

3) Go to the Compatibility Tab and select "Run this program as an Administrator".

Cheers
Morny

the hud works fine with 100nl rush but not 50plo8 rush

morny
04-15-2010, 08:20 PM
Thanks ive confirmed this and let the developers know

SteveCut
04-18-2010, 04:41 AM
Will the HUD work with the new Rush tournaments?

Cherufe
04-18-2010, 05:47 AM

+1

SoulMeetsBody
04-18-2010, 12:53 PM
Ever since the two FTP updates this weekend, it seems HEM is not importing correctly as my session won/lost totals are incorrect. Last night I found a couple of my losing hands in which the hand was imported twice, thus throwing off the totals. Any ideas how to fix this or is this being addressed already?

fozzy71
04-18-2010, 03:46 PM
hello,

I'd like to have a backup of key stats in the player notes in case HUD doesn't show a players statistic (which occurs from time to time).

Unfortunately I deleted the old HM update version which supported the routine to write key player stats in FullTilt notes.

Can you please give me a link to the latest HM version where this feature is included so I can downgrade, run the routine once and update back to latest.

Thank you.

http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.10.01.exe

From this thread: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/23748-1-10-04b-official-release.html

No, not yet. I just tried a game. :(

Ever since the two FTP updates this weekend, it seems HEM is not importing correctly as my session won/lost totals are incorrect. Last night I found a couple of my losing hands in which the hand was imported twice, thus throwing off the totals. Any ideas how to fix this or is this being addressed already?

Using version 1.10.04b? It sounds like your DB may be damaged. You could try a Reindex, but I would suggest you try a new DB instead.

*Try creating a new UTF DB - FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Create / Delete Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database)
*Now import a small portion of your \HMArchive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: How to Import & Export Hands (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/98/How+to+Import+%26+Export+Hands)
*If the new DB seems to work properly, you will want to import the rest of your archives to the new DB, export/import the hands from the old DB to the new DB, and export/import any player notes and tourney summaries - and then delete the old DB.
*Make sure you export/backup everything before deleting the old DB - FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Reinstalling on a new PC - Backup Tips (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/372/Reinstalling+on+a+new+PC+-+Backup+Tips)

Chomper4
04-19-2010, 02:13 AM

I had the same problem and posted this in the manager bug forum. netsrak said you guys are aware of the problem and a fix is being worked on?

SoulMeetsBody
04-19-2010, 02:35 AM
Thanks Chomper. I checked that thread and will wait and see what happens with the new version.

netsrak
04-19-2010, 03:17 AM
Please try this...

Here's an "unofficial" build that has lots of updates along with fixes for many problems associated with the recent Stars and Tilt updates. There's a ton of other fixes too including iPoker shallow tables. We're looking to have an official build early next week but wanted to release this build early for those of you that want to use the latest version of Holdem Manager.
http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.10.05Internal.exe

If you have problems with this build, please update to the latest official build below and that should solve any new problem you experience with this pre-release. http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

SteveCut
04-19-2010, 05:22 AM
There is a problem with this new internal version (above link) when playing Rush. The HUD stats for the player to the hero's left continuously flash (the background colour toggles with it's inverse). This makes Rush unplayable with the HUD. I've rolled back to my previous version.

fozzy71
04-19-2010, 11:30 AM
I had this happen briefly last night but I am unable to reproduce it today. Did anyone else have this problem?

pingpang
04-19-2010, 10:28 PM
im playing omaha on rush and my stats are not coming up....I can see other players but mine dont show.

Both buttons checked under hud options and mine does show on non-rush tables.

any help would be appreciated.

netsrak
04-20-2010, 06:49 AM
Hero stats are not displayed in the Rush Hud

pingpang
04-20-2010, 12:45 PM
Hero stats are not displayed in the Rush Hud

thanks! btw support for hem is awesome. You guys are doing a great job

Mike chops
04-20-2010, 12:57 PM
The flashing means you have the panel over an area of the screen I am trying to scrape. It means it is interfering with the scraping and you should move it. If you have live tracking enabled on stars or FTP placing a panel over the chatbox will make it flash. I think I did the same for the FTP panels so maybe the panel is bordering on the name?

paquiem
04-20-2010, 04:15 PM
The internal version works fine on my Vista computer but not on W7 with Rush PLO8. I've tried everything but it just doesn't update. You are getting there :)

fenhir
04-20-2010, 05:32 PM
Please try this...

Will this HmUpdate1.10.05Internal.exe support Rush-tournaments?

And how about the http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe version? Which version is this now?

ETA on 1.10.05-final? Will it support Rush-tournaments?

And why is the HEM update-file getting so big? 1.10.03=17MB 1.10.05internal=26MB... What else has changed?

And btw: Why did the HEM-support stopped using uservoice? It was usefull IMHO... And one was able to see which suggestions will be worked on for which future-version. So ist there another roadmap now?

netsrak
04-21-2010, 04:15 AM
We will soon release an official 1.10.06 which should support Rush tourneys.

The exe gets bigger because there are new features and apps integrated.

For the uservoice: after a long internal discussion we decided to replace this feature with our new suggestions area (link in my signature). We think this is more transparent for the users.

shuinthehouse
04-21-2010, 11:25 AM
will .05 or .06 fix the acknowledged problem with RUSH LHE 6m? I have been playing exclusively FR due to the lack of HUD for 6m.

fenhir
04-21-2010, 07:16 PM
We will soon release an official 1.10.06 which should support Rush tourneys.

I dont see anything about Rush tourneys here: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/142686-post17.html

So will it be 1.10.07 or another internal-version?

morny
04-21-2010, 10:32 PM
We were trying to get it into that release, did you check it yet? I think it might have made it unless there was some late problems and it had to pulled until the next version

Omahazzz
04-22-2010, 02:09 AM
Does this new release fix HUD Support for PLO8 ?

Nothing has changed for me from previous version.

Hud seems to change for each table but is out of sync.

I'm Running n vista32 ultimate n Followed advice to get it working ... turned of cleartype etc ...

tx.

SteveCut
04-22-2010, 03:22 PM
I just played a Rush SnG with 1.10.06 and no HUD displayed, so it looks like the mod didn't make it.

SteveCut
05-10-2010, 08:34 AM
There's no mention of support for Rush tourneys in the release notes for 1.11.00, so presumably there is still no support for them? Are there problems with this, as you originally hoped to include support in the previous beta? I'd really like to play some Rush tournies, but I'm sure not gonna play them blindfolded. Can you give some estimate of when these will be supported.

Also, just tried playing Rush cash with 1.11.00 and all the HU stats are now misaligned. HM seems to think that the hero sits at seat 9 on the 9-seater tables. I checked the seating configuration for FT thinking maybe the settings were lost, but the FTP configuration still shows seat 5 which is correct for centred seating.

I've now rolled back to the previous version.:(

BudBundy
05-12-2010, 09:02 AM
I just installed this update and all my hud is messed up for rush PLO. I am 4 tabling and stats appear on different places on each table. I fix it on one table but it gets messed up on another table.

morny
05-12-2010, 02:10 PM
There's no mention of support for Rush tourneys in the release notes for 1.11.00, so presumably there is still no support for them? Are there problems with this, as you originally hoped to include support in the previous beta? I'd really like to play some Rush tournies, but I'm sure not gonna play them blindfolded. Can you give some estimate of when these will be supported.

Also, just tried playing Rush cash with 1.11.00 and all the HU stats are now misaligned. HM seems to think that the hero sits at seat 9 on the 9-seater tables. I checked the seating configuration for FT thinking maybe the settings were lost, but the FTP configuration still shows seat 5 which is correct for centred seating.

I've now rolled back to the previous version.:(

I just installed this update and all my hud is messed up for rush PLO. I am 4 tabling and stats appear on different places on each table. I fix it on one table but it gets messed up on another table.

Were looking into the misalignment problem, were also looking at an improved OCR solution for rush at the moment which has good initial feedback but i dont have an ETA on that, Rush Tourney support is also close but im not 100% sure if its in 1.11.01 or not, depends on what issues come up in the meantime with testing

fozzy71
05-14-2010, 10:11 AM

Disable the full tilt Options > Auto Center, and the HUD Options > Seating Preferences > Full Tilt > ' - '

SteveCut
05-18-2010, 03:21 AM
No HUD appears on Rush cash tables under 1.11.01.
I've rolled back to 1.10.06 which I believe is the latest version that supports Rush.

netsrak
05-18-2010, 03:47 AM
It should work with 1.11.01 too.
Please post a screenshot of your rush tables.

SteveCut
05-18-2010, 10:59 AM
I've rolled back, so can't provide screenshot unless I were to re-install. However, screenshot would only show normal table with no HUD. Does anyone else have this problem?

zippo
05-18-2010, 01:19 PM
Yes, same problem here.

netsrak
05-19-2010, 03:25 AM
We had a problem with the first 1.11.01 release.
Can you please clear your browser cache or use a different browser and download and install the update again.

SteveCut
05-20-2010, 01:06 AM
I downloaded the latest version again, and still no HUD. I've attached a screnshot FWIW:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu302/SteveCut/nohud.jpg

ceprezol
05-20-2010, 12:18 PM
just installed 1.11.01 and the names in the HUD to not match up with opponents. Reinstalling 1.11.00.

ceprezol
05-20-2010, 04:22 PM
also in both versions on Rush 6m limit tables I don't see the "Table Averages" panel, which appears on non-Rush tables. I also don't see my own stats which I do on non-Rush tables.

theorize
05-20-2010, 06:40 PM
We had a problem with the first 1.11.01 release.
Can you please clear your browser cache or use a different browser and download and install the update again.

I did clear my browser cache and tried again. Import functions work but the HUD doesn't appear at all. I have to roll back two versions to get it work. The only problem with that the older HM version doesn't work on Cereus since there latest update. I play FT Rush games and on UB quite a bit so I need a version that will work for both.

Nutzondariva
05-22-2010, 05:00 PM
I did clear my browser cache and tried again. Import functions work but the HUD doesn't appear at all. I have to roll back two versions to get it work. The only problem with that the older HM version doesn't work on Cereus since there latest update. I play FT Rush games and on UB quite a bit so I need a version that will work for both.

same here, no more HUD in rush :( on some tables it doesn't appear at all, on other tables it appears but is faulty and doesn't show the right players :(