PDA

View Full Version : filter: facing raise size / pot is bigger/less than ...

wrap_it
05-25-2012, 06:38 AM
hey,

just wonder what exactly the raise and pot size are in this filter. If I play a HU game with $1/$2 blinds, open the BTN to $5 and the BB reraises to $8 what's raise size / pot? Even if I take the smallest possible raise size (which would be $3) and divide it by the biggest pot size (which is the final preflop pot, so $16 after I called) the ratio raise size / pot size seems to be still smaller than that.

Patvs
05-26-2012, 05:17 AM
More Filters: Preflop Raise Size / Pot is Bigger Than... should all be values in number of big blinds

So a BTN raise to $5 is a Preflop Raise Size / Pot is Bigger Than 2.5

sqlguy
05-26-2012, 11:52 AM
More Filters: Preflop Raise Size / Pot is Bigger Than... should all be values in number of big blinds

So a BTN raise to $5 is a Preflop Raise Size / Pot is Bigger Than 2.5

What do you mean? how does it matter what unit is used to calculate the ratio?
are you assuming the pot size is 1BB here?

sqlguy
05-26-2012, 01:22 PM
OP was complaining about "Preflop Facing Raise Size / Pot" ...

In any case it looks like the rule for "Preflop Raise Size / Pot is Bigger Than ..." is in an unopened pot is:
I am UTG, so original top is SB+BB= 1.5BB
I raise to 3BB (=1BB to call the BB, + 2BB raise)

Value of preflopraisepercentofpot = (my bet excluding call) / (original pot) = 2BB/1.5BB = 1.33333

At this point pot is 4.5BB
If SB reraises to 10BB (call my 3BB + 7BB re-raise)

Value of facingraisepercentofpot should be = 7BB /4.5BB = 1.55555

But in fact seems to be 1.44444 which is = 6.5BB/4.5BB

Where does the 6.5BB come from? looks like the original post (0.5BB) is substracted again (10BB-3BB-0.5BB=6.5BB) but that is wrong because it already had be accounted for in the 3BB

However, if the re-raiser is not in the blinds, then facingraisepercentofpot is as expected:
UTG re-raises to 11BB (3BB call + 8BB raise)
facingraisepercentofpot = 8BB/4.5BB = 1.77778

So the confusion/bug seems to be connected with the blinds being the re-raiser. I did not look at any head-to-head hands, but I guess the but would manifest in every hand there.

Hope this helps.

netsrak
05-27-2012, 06:58 AM
Please send us some testhands and screenshots with link to this thread to support@holdemmanager.com and we take a look at it.

sqlguy
05-27-2012, 05:41 PM
Please send us some testhands and screenshots with link to this thread to support@holdemmanager.com and we take a look at it.

email sent, this time involving the BB as re-raiser and as I expected, the error corresponds to 1bb in this case.

I am not sure why you need the screenshots. just find any hand with PFR=True,Faced Preflop 3bet=True where the 3better was one of the blinds, and check the value of database column "playerhandscashmisc_hero"."facingraisepercentofpot".
It always is too small.

If this is by design, then I'd love to see the rationale for that.