PDA

View Full Version : some questions after reinstalling on new os.

dcor
01-17-2010, 01:23 AM
so i upgraded to windows seven today,....got all of my stuff setup as well as the old hh's from up to 4 months ago. I noticed it seemed that I was missing about 50k hands. So i thought that maybe hem didnt somehow get all of the files. I spent about an hour moving all of the files from different days that it organized for me. So I tried to add them to hem again thinking that it would not take the duplicate files. Since I have done that hem is slower than crap. I have deleted the old db as well and reinstalled the program again. I realized that about 2 months ago i did a vaccum from my database which would explain why I was missing some hands.

Originally it said that it would take 1 hour or so to import all the hands when I did this the first time. Now it seems really bogged down and is showing 5 hours to do all the hh's. Can I do anything about this?

Secondly in the future, is there any way that I could keep the stats (not the hh's) from a version of holdem manager that i had proir to reformatting or an os upgrade.....

sorry this is so long.

netsrak
01-17-2010, 07:32 AM
A vacuum doesn't delete hands, a purge does.

I don't know why your new database becomes so slow, please check the performance tips from the link in my signature.

If you wan't to preserve all data when moving to a new computer you need to backup and restore your original database: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=12

dcor
01-17-2010, 01:59 PM
well it seems that it took so long because it didnt actually find all of the files in the subfolders. There were 70k more hands than originally imported. How could it miss those?? So actually going in all of the subfolders and moving them to a central folder was a good idea.

netsrak
01-18-2010, 08:36 AM
If its a network folder or share this can happen.