PDA

View Full Version : Transporting HM & database to another computer

Lord Baldrick
05-25-2012, 02:07 AM
Hi there,

I have watched your video on this topic and have been unable to replicate it. First I tried to Backup & Restore onto an external Hard drive, this didn't work as after a long time it said there was an error (something like innsufficient memory) and the second time I tried to do it onto the desktop with a similar result. The external HD has loads of memory but my computer does not. After trying the B&R onto my desktop the C drive is now almost full but I cannot find the backup file (which presumably is about 10GB in size) to delete it and try again using the D drive.

Do you have any advice?

Cheers.

netsrak
05-25-2012, 04:47 AM
Unfortunately the backup process needs a lot of temporary space during the creation of the backup.
You should find the files from the corrupt backup in your temporary windows folders under your username. You can delete this files.

After you deleted them please try a backup via pgadmin: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/72/Backup+%26+Restore+Database
This shouldn't need so much space.
In addition to this backup copy the holdemmanager installation folder to your external hdd.

Lord Baldrick
05-25-2012, 05:27 AM
Unfortunately the backup process needs a lot of temporary space during the creation of the backup.
You should find the files from the corrupt backup in your temporary windows folders under your username. You can delete this files.

After you deleted them please try a backup via pgadmin: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/72/Backup+%26+Restore+Database
This shouldn't need so much space.
In addition to this backup copy the holdemmanager installation folder to your external hdd.

Thanks, I'll give this a try.

Lord Baldrick
05-26-2012, 01:32 AM
Thanks, I'll give this a try.

OK, I have managed to move a backup file from one PC to my new computer using postgres, including restoring it. But what do I do now to get HM to recognise it?

Cheers

Patvs
05-26-2012, 05:22 AM
Was the backup created with PostgreSQL 8.4.x (which is also installed on the new computer)?
The PostgreSQL versions have to match.

So if the backup was created with PostgreSQL 8.2 (or 8.3/9.0), you also have to install that to the new computer to successfully restore the backup.

Lord Baldrick
05-26-2012, 07:58 AM
Was the backup created with PostgreSQL 8.4.x (which is also installed on the new computer)?
The PostgreSQL versions have to match.

So if the backup was created with PostgreSQL 8.2 (or 8.3/9.0), you also have to install that to the new computer to successfully restore the backup.

Both computers have PostgreSQL 8.4

Do I need to import from a folder?

Lord Baldrick
05-26-2012, 10:30 PM
Both computers have PostgreSQL 8.4

Do I need to import from a folder?

When I look in postgreSQL8.4, using pgAdmin III, I have 3 databases following the Restore.

HMdatabase (the new one created during the Restore process), and
holdemmanager, and
postgres

Do i need to direct HM to look at HMdatabase?

netsrak
05-27-2012, 06:59 AM
If thats the one you restored the backup too you need to make this the default database in HM

Lord Baldrick
05-27-2012, 09:06 PM
If thats the one you restored the backup too you need to make this the default database in HM

Thank you Netsrak, we're getting there.

I have now got something into the database as I can see that there are 145000 players. However, after having selected my Alias I am not getting any stats showing in HM. I'm also not getting the HUD to show in Pokerstars yet and nor are any hands being downloaded. I think I have directed HM to look in the Pokerstars HH file. Please what am I forgetting?

Cheers,

Lord Baldrick
05-28-2012, 02:06 AM
Thank you Netsrak, we're getting there.

I have now got something into the database as I can see that there are 145000 players. However, after having selected my Alias I am not getting any stats showing in HM. I'm also not getting the HUD to show in Pokerstars yet and nor are any hands being downloaded. I think I have directed HM to look in the Pokerstars HH file. Please what am I forgetting?

Cheers,

Okay, I'm getting there but I still have one issue to resolve. My HUD is working and I am now downloading HHs from Pokerstars (tick and tick). However, when looking at my Alias, or any players stats in HM it is only showing the 9 hands I've just played in setting up rather than the '000s played. I have checked the Filters and that does not seem to be it.

Cheers,

LB

Lord Baldrick
05-29-2012, 05:06 AM
Okay, I'm getting there but I still have one issue to resolve. My HUD is working and I am now downloading HHs from Pokerstars (tick and tick). However, when looking at my Alias, or any players stats in HM it is only showing the 9 hands I've just played in setting up rather than the '000s played. I have checked the Filters and that does not seem to be it.

Cheers,

LB

Hi there,

I am still not seeing all the player data inside HM. My database says I have 145000 players and when I look up a player it says they have played xxxx hands but the stats are not showing.

Cheers,

LB

Lord Baldrick
05-29-2012, 05:25 AM
Hi there,

I am still not seeing all the player data inside HM. My database says I have 145000 players and when I look up a player it says they have played xxxx hands but the stats are not showing.

Cheers,

LB

Okay, I am almost there. The answer lies in the type of Report Selected. When I select "By Stakes" I see all of the hands, but when I select others such as "Leakbuster - Overall" it only shows the hands I have played since switching computers (about 140 hands).

Why is this?

Cheers

netsrak
05-29-2012, 06:14 AM
Can you try filters -> clear?
I'm not sure why the reports would show different hands

Lord Baldrick
05-29-2012, 08:07 AM
Can you try filters -> clear?
I'm not sure why the reports would show different hands

I just pressed "Clear" on the Filters button and it has had no effect on the Reports.

netsrak
05-31-2012, 05:13 AM
Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.com, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.com/teamviewer) session.