PDA

View Full Version : No hands and no players after backup and restore DB

Nekro
01-16-2010, 07:53 PM
Hello,

i made a backup of my DB (Win XP - PostgreSql 8.0 - SQL_ASCII) and restored it on my new computer (Win7 - PostgreSql 8.4 - UTF8).
Now i connected with HEM (1.10 B.8). HEM shows now 0 players and 0 hands.
I tried to export hands with DbControlPanel on the new computer. After a second i got the message that ALL (Zero!) hands were exported.

- I tried to export the hands from the old computer with DbControlPanel. After i while exporting, i got the message "stack depth limit exceeded" and after clicking "ok" the message comes again and again.

- The restore on the new computer ended with this message
"pg_restore: [Custom-Archivierer] unerwartetes Dateiende ~ unexpected file ending
pg_restore: *** abgebrochen wegen Fehler ~ aborted cause an error
Prozess beendete mit Exitcode 1. ~ process closed with exitcode 1 But i have read that this error is quite normal !?

After all i still dont have the DB working on my new computer. Really hope you can help me out.

Regards, Phil

Patvs
01-17-2010, 01:05 AM
SQL 8.0 ASCII--> is not compatible with SQL 8.4 UTF.

Install SQL 8.0 on your new computer with a ASCII database, only then can you restore your old database.

Nekro
01-17-2010, 04:53 AM
SQL 8.0 ASCII--> is not compatible with SQL 8.4 UTF.

Install SQL 8.0 on your new computer with a ASCII database, only then can you restore your old database.

Oh, is it not possible to convert the DB?

Or update PostgreSql to 8.4 on old computer and then backup und restore again?

Thx, Phil

Edit:
I dont find the old version 8.0.3 to download.

netsrak
01-17-2010, 07:46 AM
I don't find it too.

Try 8.1 that should be able to restore a 8.0 backup. If that isnt available too the only way are the handhistories (at least the ones you can export)

Btw: you are from Pokerstrategy? I have a similiar thread there too

Nekro
01-17-2010, 09:13 AM
Now i see - same username :) I will replie on ps.de. Thx