PDA

View Full Version : No Live Support

BuyTheLake
01-15-2010, 06:01 PM
I just purchased the product last night and am very disappointed. No LIve support??!! I think I have my databases all screwed up. In addition, the person who recommeded that I acquire this says that I have to do a seperate download of Postgre SQL version 8.4 or Hold'em manager will not work.

I just wasted 4 hours trying to download this (Yes, I am on dial-up) and can't tell if it did anything or not. When I go into Start/Programs it still says I am running version 8.3 that I was using with Poer Tracker 3.

If I am not contacted within 24 hours by support @ Hold'em Manager, I am going to call my credit card company and put the charges into dispute.

fozzy71
01-15-2010, 06:41 PM
What makes you think we dont have live support? We offer remote support sessions, but that may be difficult/impossible if you are using dial-up.

You definitely don't need postgresql 8.4 and should have been able to connect to your existing installation.

PT3's default name/password is - postgres/dbpass
HM's default name/password is - postgres/postgrespass

If that doesnt help:

1. Go to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.x\data, move the the pg_hba file to your Desktop and open it with notepad.
2. Scroll to the bottom and change all md5 to trust. Save and close the file
3. Move the file back to the data folder
4. Restart the PostgreSQL service: Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services

HM will accept any password now.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=66

If you find you need to reinstall postgresql completely, uninstall it thru the windows control panel, and use this installer - http://www.holdemmanager.net/pginstaller

BuyTheLake
01-16-2010, 03:50 PM
Thank you so very much for your rapid responce. As time permits, please check your e-mail. I tried to send you a private message by return thread, but must have messed it up somehow. Thanks again, I look forward to speaking with you or a member of your staff.

lickyfeet
01-17-2010, 01:05 AM
Most of your frustration comes from the fact that you are using dial up. It is really not fair for you to come onto this forum with such extreme hostility and threaten a chargeback.

I have found the support helpful and even if you are having some problems, your level of anger is not fairly directed. I don't know if they could improve support or not, perhaps they could, but this overreaction is not very kind or mindful.

I'm sorry you are having problems and I really hope they get resolved, but I think you could have handled this with more mindfulness.

Best of luck at the tables.