PDA

View Full Version : PostgreSQL problems please help!

tornado147
01-15-2010, 02:55 PM
Hi,
I have just bought HEM and cannot connect to postgresql. When i start up HEM i get the message, 'HEM needs to know where to find the database.' When i click connect it says, 'A connection to postgresql could not be made. Would you like HEM to attempt to start the service?' When i click yes it says it cannot start the service.

I have completely removed all traces of postgresql from the system and then reinstalled it but to no avail. Ive checked to see if it is running and it appears to be running in the task manager.

Can anyone assist me with this as it's driving me insane.

Many thanks.

fozzy71
01-15-2010, 11:18 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services > secondary logon > right-click > start AND right-click > properties > startup type: automatic.

Please give HoldemManager Administrator rights -

1) Go to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager (Program Files (x86) if you have the 64bit version)
2) Rightclick the HoldemManager.exe and choose "Properties".
3) Go to the Compatibility Tab and select "Run this program as an Administrator".
4) Do the same for HMHud.exe and DBControlPanel.exe

Please reinstall PostgreSQL using these steps - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=20755

tornado147
01-16-2010, 07:17 AM
Hi fozzy71,

Thanks for your reply.
Its windows vista, windows firewall and avg free 9.0.

I have tried to give HEM administrative rights. When i go into properties there is no compatability tab.

netsrak
01-16-2010, 09:11 AM
Are you sure you navigated to the folder Fozzy mentioned above? Its not the Holdemmanager shortcut on your desktop.

tornado147
01-16-2010, 09:31 AM
Yeah i did follow the steps fozzy suggested but could not find the compatibility tab.

Ive followed all the other instructions that fozzy gave and it now appears to be working.

I just need to suss out how to work the software now.

Many thanks for all your help.