PDA

View Full Version : holdem manger note transfer to a new pc

stacker
01-14-2010, 07:59 PM
i just got a new pc and i want to start a new data base on it but i had alot of notes on the old pc store in holdem manger. im wondering is it possible to get just the notes from the database?

Patvs
01-15-2010, 01:08 AM
Reconnect to the old database.. and OPTIONS--> NOTES-->EXPORT NOTES

Rhincodon
01-17-2010, 10:48 AM
My old PC crashed, but i have an online backup. What is the name of the file, cant I just overwrite with that in new HEM?

fozzy71
01-17-2010, 12:05 PM
The notes are part of the PostgreSQL database. There is no 'notes file'. Can you restore the old database?

Rhincodon
01-17-2010, 12:24 PM
Well i still have the harddisk which is functional (only part of old PC that I have), do you have any ideas how i can easiest restore HEM from that? (I know its a bit outside of what you support - but any help would be great). FWIW: I use Windows 7 now as opposed to XP on the old PC.

Another related question: I thought all hands was in HMArchive, but now after having imported all the hands from my backup, I can see that they are not. Any idea of where else I should look and how to get the rest of the hands imported?

Rhincodon
01-18-2010, 08:12 AM
I think I high jacked this post and I have a few more q's so ill start a new post.

netsrak
01-18-2010, 09:00 AM
You can try to connect to the old postgresql data folder during the postgresql installation: http://holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=177

The handhistory archives are configured in the Auto-Import settings. It can be everywhere, our default is just c:\hmarchive. You should also check the handhistory folders of your pokerclients.