PDA

View Full Version : Why no support of HM at all? Worse than abysmal.

erikejw
09-22-2008, 06:17 PM
It is extremally annoying that HM has no support at all or an email to contact them for support issues.

On HMs homepage it is listed support but the choices available is.

Tutorial
Forum (with no support forum listed)
FAQ (with no support email info available either)
Articles, with one review of the software

Why even use the name support since there is no available.

This is really bad for HM to ignore users like this.

I just opened HM and it demanded reativation since I had made major hardware changes(one extra harddrive and nothing else).

It would not let me reactivate so I cannot use the software at all.

No info at all where to get in contact with HM support.

So now I sit with a software that I cannot use and no info to get on how to reactivate it or send the info I got from the failed reactivation.

I cannot fucking beleive it.
Not even Microsoft is this ignorant to their users.

If anyone by chance happen to stumbled over a support email adress please put it in this thread.

morny
09-22-2008, 06:29 PM
The forum is where you come for support, we check this regularly as you can see from the time it took to respond, we also keep an eye on the 2+2 forums in the HM thread there and youll see if you want to look thats its also monitored.

We also have questions about activation answered in the FAQ which also gives the email to contact when you have a problem http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=159

Youll also see in this FAQ we will be allowing manual deactivation in the next thread

so please contact Roy at that email provided and hell give you a code. Dont foget to check your spam filters in case the reply email ends up in there

It makes more sense to ask and answer questions here so other people can use the search funtion to find their solution.

erikejw
09-22-2008, 06:34 PM
Then you should add a forum named Support or at least anything similar to it.

I would not like to write my personal key either into this forum, that would not make sense. What is wrong with an email?

These are the available forums.

In General:
Manager General
Manager Suggestions
Manager Bugs
Poker Site Support

Tourney Manager
HUD & Replayer
Reports & Releases

Nothing even resembles support.

I'd give it to you that the answer was quick though.

I even searched the faq for support and email but nothing usable showed up.

morny
09-22-2008, 06:44 PM
The whole forum is a support forum, those are the different sections so if youve a general problem then you post in manager general, if youve a problem with your hud post in hud general or Hud Bug, if youve a problem with the replayer post in the replayer section and so on.

Your question wouldnt be answered any slower wheter its by email or on this forum and in fact i usually check the forums first and then do my emails but ill put forward the suggestion to have an email address visible but we encourage people to come the forums to search for an answer first as probably 80% of the answers can be found between the forum and the FAQs however alot of our time is spent answering repeat questions and had we not had to answer them we could be working on other areas of development and this is pretty standard across most websites these days to encourage people to search for a solution before emailing or posting.

I dont know if we provide an email will people then begin to bypass the support forums and FAQs and then increase our work and hinder the time we have to develop the software but like i said ill put it forward for suggestion. So if you had found our email on the website you have still came to the forum to check and see if there was an answer in the forum or FAQ? Im sure alot of people wouldnt but i didnt design the site so im not sure if this was the reason theres no emails on the site or not!

erikejw
09-22-2008, 08:40 PM
That makes sense but I fail to see support mentioned at any instance at all anywhere in the headings of the forums or at any other place.

A General forum is rarely(ever?) not used as support forum in other communities and especially not user specific emergency failures that does not work on your part.

Often it works like a guy might drop in 4 days after to read and anser.

You seem to have good quick responses and that is great but noone can know that in advance as it is not regular modus operandi.