PDA

View Full Version : Setting additional filters in HUD options

taco.lolo@tiscali.nl
09-22-2008, 05:44 PM
Hello,

I am sorry if this is a stupid question.
What do you advice for setting the HUD additional filters.

Do I get it right that if you set on the ninth option min 6 / max 9 that then if you play a one table sit and go that after the number of players diminish to 5 that then the stats disappear or go to zero.

I just wonder.

Taco

morny
09-22-2008, 05:56 PM
If you set #9 to Min 6 and Max of 9 then when the table is 9 handed it will only show stats where there were 6-9 people. Then when the table becomes 8 handed, regardless of whether you sitting at a 9 max cash table and someone drops out or if your playing a 10max table and 2 people get knocked out, once its 8 handed then it uses the #8 filter so if you have the #8 filter set to 6-9 then it will show the same stats as the last filter.

If you set the filter to display 2min-3max for #9 filter and the table is 9 handed and assuming none of these player have ever played 2-3 handed then you would then see no stats. Hope this clears it up and also discussed here http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=131

taco.lolo@tiscali.nl
09-24-2008, 08:49 AM
Hello,

I am not sure I get it. Please just tell what is the best way to set up these filters. Like the example in the FAQ?

Another thing. Often when I minimize the teble manager it disappears. I see no way to retrieve it so then I have to close and start HM up again.
What can I do about this.

Taco

morny
09-24-2008, 01:38 PM
It should be available in the tsak manager near where the clock is, if not go to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager right click on HmHud.exe and choose Send to > Desktop

For the filters if you want it to always show all stats you have on the player regardless of the no of players that were at the table at the time then set all the mins to 2 and all the maxes to 10.

Lets look at someone who plays 6max as an example. Theyll usually be at a table with between 3-6 people. If they never play 9 max then they can ignore the the # of players for filter 7,8,9 and 10 since there is never more than 6 people playing at a 6max table. They can also ignore 2 because they never play headsup or when theres less than 3 players theyll just sit out.

So we need only to concentrate on filter 3,4,5 and 6. Now most people play looser when playing with 3 or 4 players so we dont want to see those stats when playing with 6 players we only want to see stats where there were 5 or 6 players at the table. So we set this filter to show a Min of 5 and a Max of 6. And lets say you see the villain playing at a 6max table your observing where there is 4 players at the table, these stats wont update in your HUD because youve filtered that when there is 6 players at the table you only want to see stats where theres 5-6 players at the table so you wont see the stats from the 4 handed table, however if you set the filter for # of players 6 and changed it to Min 4 and Max 6 then all the stats from the 4 handed table would also now display.

Then lets say your still at the 6max table and someone sits out, the table is now 5 handed and so it no longer uses the filter # of players 6 instead it uses the # of players 5 even though its a 6max table there is only 5 people playing so if you had #5 set to min 2 and max 10 then it would now all the stats instead of just 4-6 players stats from the #6 filter.

Does this make sense now?

Garak
09-25-2008, 06:46 AM
Would be nice to have an option where you can set the min number of players to show stats for to more than the number of players at the table. I'm never going to play heads-up or 3-handed but I'd like too have the option of seeing the 4-6 players stats for these players in the HUD even when they're playing heads-up or 3-handed.

morny
09-25-2008, 09:35 AM
Not sure what you mean if you set the min to 2 and the max to 6 for # of player 2 then youll see stats for 4-6 handed games when there playing HU?

Garak
09-25-2008, 10:32 AM
Basically I want to be able to set it up the filters like this, so the min can be more than the number of players.

Players 2: min 4 - max 6
Players 3: min 4 - max 6
Players 4: min 4 - max 6
Players 5: min 4 - max 6
Players 6: min 4 - max 6

Rvg72
09-25-2008, 08:00 PM
Basically I want to be able to set it up the filters like this, so the min can be more than the number of players.

Players 2: min 4 - max 6
Players 3: min 4 - max 6
Players 4: min 4 - max 6
Players 5: min 4 - max 6
Players 6: min 4 - max 6

Hi, we used to allow this but a few people set the min and max to 10 for example and lost all stats for all players. So, to avoid confusion we don't let you set the minimum below the # players

Roy

taco.lolo@tiscali.nl
09-28-2008, 06:10 AM
hello, After some deliberation I set it up like this.

2 2/2
3 3/4
4 3/5
5 4/6
6 5/7
7 6/8
8 6/9
9 7/9
10 7/10

What do you think about this ?

Taco

morny
09-28-2008, 10:57 AM
Yeah that looks good, that wouldnt work so well if you dont datamine much but if youve a good sample or play tournies i like that setup