PDA

View Full Version : Error Message DBControlPanel.....

Tobbes
01-13-2010, 04:11 PM
Hi,

today i installed the Trail Version of HM. I use Vista, and get the Error Message "DBControlPanel funktioniert nicht mehr" and then HM close.

What should i do?

Tx

Regards

Tobbes

Patvs
01-14-2010, 01:06 AM
Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

Tobbes
01-14-2010, 11:46 AM
The Checkboxes are grey and I cant select them . UAC is on.

When i start HM now, HM want to connect to PostgreSQL, but i dont remebmer the Details. But SQL is installed from PT. Can i see the Details somewhere?

Patvs
01-14-2010, 12:37 PM
Turn off UAC.

The details can be found in PokerTracker...: the default they use is:
user: postgres
password: dbpass

so make sure that matches (change postgrespass--> PT3 password) in Database Control Panel

Tobbes
01-15-2010, 03:33 PM
UAC is off, but the checkbox is still grey...........

Can you tell me where i can find the Details!?

Patvs
01-15-2010, 08:13 PM
Since you had PT3 first, try
user: postgres
password: dbpass

If that doesn't work:

click on Start and go to Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt

* If you are on Vista, rightclick and choose "Run as Administrator".

A black box should appear. Type 'net user postgres /del' (without the quotes) and press enter.

The user is now deleted and you can (re)install PostgreSQL.

and reinstall SQL
please try this PostgreSQL version: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/pginstaller.exe

Tobbes
01-18-2010, 10:49 AM
I have connected to the DB! Tx

But now i get an other Error Message when i start HM........

"Der Typeninitialisierer für "scanner.Form1" hat eine Ausnahme verursacht."

I can chose "Next" , then HM Initializing Database....... but nothing happen. I wait more then 2 Hours.....

..... or i can close HM......

netsrak
01-18-2010, 02:34 PM
Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure that holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the holdemmanager.exe, dbcontrolpanel.exe and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu under compatibilty.

Tobbes
01-19-2010, 02:43 AM
I cant find the Installation Directory........ :rolleyes:

netsrak
01-19-2010, 07:40 AM
Right click on the Holdemmanager shortcut->properties. There you should find the path.
Default is c:\program files(X64)\rvg software\holdemmanager or sth. similar.

Tobbes
01-22-2010, 11:12 AM
I dont know what but something was wrong. I deinstall HM and make it all new, and now it seems to be working. At least HM Import HH since a few Hours. And i can choose "Run at Admin" And i have an other Desctop Icon. The first was a white, now i have a orange one with a white Star........

Tx

Regards

Tobbes

netsrak
01-22-2010, 11:31 AM
The new icon is our new layout. You can delete the old one.