PDA

View Full Version : Import File Working or Not?

crassius
01-13-2010, 03:04 PM
I had emailed results of approx 25 MTT, including one with 149,000 entrants that paid something ridiculous like 9500 places.... copied into notepad and save unicode encoded to a text file. Correct encoding?

I then clicked import file, pointed to the correct file, and it says found 1 file to process.

Its been a half hour, there is NO progress on the Import Progress meter.

50% CPU usage is high, so I'm guessing its running. Not a good idea from a design standpoint to leave the user guessing what's going on.

Do you think its running and I should just leave it alone?

Any idea on time frame... is this hours?

crassius
01-13-2010, 03:09 PM
so I think its importing. Would be nice to have HM convey that info to the user via its interface.

crassius
01-13-2010, 05:29 PM
I wish I had broken these tourney files into individual files. I have 18 MTT of about 3000 entrants each all in one text file... One tourney has 149,000 entrants.

Hope this is goint to work with multiple tourneys in one text file.

crassius
01-14-2010, 04:36 AM
After four hours of not being sure what if anything the program was doing, I ended the HMImport.exe process, edited the tourney results into individual .txt files, and deleted the database to start clean.

I created a new database, rebooted HM, and imported some of the smaller files... MTT's with around 3000 entrants. All went well.

I then attempted to import the one with 149,000+ entrants.... this was a Pokerstars guinness world record tourney....

After seven hours, the program returned an import error. It did not become unstable, crash or anything... I left it alone with the HMImport.exe process running to see what it would do.

I then tried to enter that tourny in manually. It just disappears.... no error message, it just takes the info and then it vanishes.

My guess is that any tourney with more than some preset number of entrants... like 99999 does not pass validation at the database level. Purely a guess... as no error message gets returned.

At any rate I just left that tourney out of my statistics. Hope this helps someone in the future.

netsrak
01-14-2010, 05:42 AM
Thanks for the info.
Please zip and mail the original handhistory files and summaries for this tourney to support@holdemmanager.net

sqlguy
01-14-2010, 05:43 AM
After four hours of not being sure what if anything the program was doing, I ended the HMImport.exe process, edited the tourney results into individual .txt files, and deleted the database to start clean.

I created a new database, rebooted HM, and imported some of the smaller files... MTT's with around 3000 entrants. All went well.

I then attempted to import the one with 149,000+ entrants.... this was a Pokerstars guinness world record tourney....

After seven hours, the program returned an import error. It did not become unstable, crash or anything... I left it alone with the HMImport.exe process running to see what it would do.

I then tried to enter that tourny in manually. It just disappears.... no error message, it just takes the info and then it vanishes.

My guess is that any tourney with more than some preset number of entrants... like 99999 does not pass validation at the database level. Purely a guess... as no error message gets returned.

At any rate I just left that tourney out of my statistics. Hope this helps someone in the future.

HI.

A similar thing happened to me (manual entry just disappearing), until I figured out it was just a user eror on my part:
The default tourney result filters was set at max #players=10000 (this is probably a HEM default, because I do not remember having ever set it before).
I just increased it to 200000, and the manual entry was visible.

crassius
01-14-2010, 10:26 AM
HI.

A similar thing happened to me (manual entry just disappearing), until I figured out it was just a user eror on my part:
The default tourney result filters was set at max #players=10000 (this is probably a HEM default, because I do not remember having ever set it before).
I just increased it to 200000, and the manual entry was visible.

That did it as far as the manual entry.... increased to 200000 and manually entered and voila !

Thanks.

That blows my theory of why the import failed. It may be better from a DB optimization point to manually enter this one anyway, because other wise I would wind up with a 149,000+ players almost all of whom I have no data for other than their results from this one tourney. Not very useful info in the great scheme of things.

Can't explain the import failure, but I'll email the file to support as requested, maybe it'll help improve the product, which I like thus far.

I have about 250 hands I played in this tourney.... guess I'll risk trying to import those now that I have the tourney manually entered.

B-Money
01-14-2010, 06:28 PM
Crassius,

Got the HH/Summary files and tried importing like you. Importing the tournament by itself worked just fine with the exception of the number of players and your finish position. This is standard for all MTT's

For a tournament like this I'd do exactly what you did and edit the tournament summary for exact stats. All other tournament summaries from Poker Stars should update Holdem Manager quickly with no problems.

Importing large file sizes can drag Holdem Manager. Odd because the summary file is a simple file to see what's going on for us, but it still happens on any large files.

GL,
-B

crassius
01-14-2010, 07:35 PM
by entering this particular tourney by hand. It is an unusual one, and the manual enter is easy and straightforward. I was able to quickly load the hand history of this particular tourney with no problems.

All other summaries and HH's from Stars loaded without problem, so now I have some data to start from.

All is well...:)