PDA

View Full Version : 1.10 Beta 7 Error

jostio
01-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Hi,

I updated yesterday to 1.10 Beta 7 and HM freezes when being launched. After having restarted the computer and relaunch a few times I came back to Beta 6 but now it is nearly impossible to play and the whole computer is really slow.

When looking at "Task Manager" I realize that I had 6 postgres running at the same time. Apparently the Holdem Manager is not closing Postgres any more.

Could you help me to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance

Galoper
01-12-2010, 06:42 PM
After installing the beta 7, restart the computer.
Then I get a message that says you have to do an update of the database. This process takes a long time (my base is large).
Then he throws an error message. View image.

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/9419/dibujooa.jpg

HM will incidentally after the message and exits only.

How can I fix this?

Thank you,

fozzy71
01-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Hi,

I updated yesterday to 1.10 Beta 7 and HM freezes when being launched. After having restarted the computer and relaunch a few times I came back to Beta 6 but now it is nearly impossible to play and the whole computer is really slow.

Changing from beta 6 to 7, and back again, shouldnt cause performance differences.

Try reinstalling the beta 7 patch, first thing after rebooting your PC.

When looking at "Task Manager" I realize that I had 6 postgres running at the same time. Apparently the Holdem Manager is not closing Postgres any more.

That is normal. the PostgreSQL Service starts automatically when you boot up, so you can connect to the DB as needed. When importing and/or running DB Queries there will be even more postgres.exe processes running.

Then I get a message that says you have to do an update of the database. This process takes a long time (my base is large).

How can I fix this?

Thank you,

I will forward this to my colleagues/developer.

Rvg72
01-12-2010, 11:31 PM
We are working on a fix for this. It seems to happen on very large databases

Roy

Galoper
01-13-2010, 07:20 AM
We are working on a fix for this. It seems to happen on very large databases

Roy

I have a very large database.

I reinstall Beta 6, but now i canīt import HH. Always take hands like "Import Error". I guess, the beta 7 change something in the database.

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/8940/dibujocy.jpg

I wait for a TeamViewer Session, please.

netsrak
01-13-2010, 09:59 AM
Reboot your computer and try again please

Galoper
01-13-2010, 01:18 PM
Reboot your computer and try again please

Do it...donīt work.

jostio
01-13-2010, 02:28 PM
Do it...donīt work.

Hi,

Exactly the same.

Note: I have also a huge database

Azalin
01-13-2010, 03:58 PM

How can I fix this?

Thank you,

I am encountering the same error and FWIW I also have a very large database. I would appreciate any help as soon as possible cause I cannot play poker now :/

Any ETA on solving this?

Galoper
01-13-2010, 04:18 PM
Come on guys, one complete day and i can not play.

Beta tester (like me) are more idiot in the world, works for developer free and have the worse software.

McFly
01-13-2010, 05:23 PM
I have a very large database.

I reinstall Beta 6, but now i canīt import HH. Always take hands like "Import Error". I guess, the beta 7 change something in the database.

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/8940/dibujocy.jpg

I wait for a TeamViewer Session, please.

copy your HH into a new folder and try again with manual import

Veteran68
01-13-2010, 09:20 PM
How "large" is "large," exactly? I'm usually front and center for beta releases but due to a shortage of poker time lately I had been holding off. Now I'm anxious to install 1.10 but the issues I'm seeing with b7 are worrying me.

My DB has ~86K players and ~62K hands (I recently purged old hands, but kept the players). I'd rather avoid a restore from backup or other such time wasters if you guys think my DB is large enough to cause a problem. If beta8 is about to land and it fixes this issue, then I'll keep waiting.

Rvg72
01-13-2010, 11:34 PM
Just hold off until beta 8 tomorrow night which will have this resolved

Roy

Azalin
01-14-2010, 06:57 AM
How "large" is "large," exactly? I'm usually front and center for beta releases but due to a shortage of poker time lately I had been holding off. Now I'm anxious to install 1.10 but the issues I'm seeing with b7 are worrying me.

My DB has ~86K players and ~62K hands (I recently purged old hands, but kept the players). I'd rather avoid a restore from backup or other such time wasters if you guys think my DB is large enough to cause a problem. If beta8 is about to land and it fixes this issue, then I'll keep waiting.

After I deleted 23 million hands my database still holds about 22 million more, so I guess you are on the safe side.

Galoper
01-14-2010, 07:05 AM
copy your HH into a new folder and try again with manual import

I did it. Didnīt work. No way.

Galoper
01-14-2010, 07:06 AM

I was talking about 286.000 players tracked and 95 Gb database.

netsrak
01-14-2010, 10:30 AM
Galoper, are you sure you reinstalled Beta 6 properly?
Please check the auto-import settings.
It should work, at least after a reboot.

Another solution would be to stay with beta 7 and make the database changes manually before starting it again.

Start pgadminII, connect to the database and open the query tool.
Run the following commands:

ALTER TABLE gametypes Add Column Currency_ID smallint default 1;

ALTER TABLE bonuses Add Column Currency_ID smallint default 1;

ALTER TABLE playervsplayer Add Column Currency_ID smallint default 1;

ALTER TABLE playervsplayer_hero Add Column Currency_ID smallint default 1;

INSERT into Settings (SettingName,SettingValue) Values ('DefaultCurrency', '1');

ALTER TABLE tourneydata Add Column Currency_ID smallint default 1;

ALTER TABLE tourneyplayerdata Add Column Currency_ID smallint default 1;

CREATE TABLE currency
(
currency_id integer,
currency_name character varying(20),
currency_symbol character varying(4),
current_rate_in_usd numeric (6,4)
)
WITHOUT OIDS;

ALTER TABLE currency OWNER TO postgres;

INSERT INTO Currency Values (1, 'USD', '$', 1.0000);
INSERT INTO Currency Values (2, 'EUR', '€', 0.6989);
INSERT INTO Currency Values (3, 'GBP', 'Ģ', 0.6278);

Galoper
01-14-2010, 10:42 AM

Yes, the software works, but i cant import.

Manual setting donīt work too.

Another solution would be to stay with beta 7 and make the database changes manually before starting it again.

What do you thing. I must wait Beta8 or i must do this manual pgadmin changes?

If i must to modify the database manually, i really apreciate a TeamView session. Now iīm avaiable.

WotaWaster
01-14-2010, 02:25 PM
I am now concerned. My database is pretty large too. 160k players last time I checked and I just tried DLing the 1.10 Beta 7. Twice I tried to skip the Database Update which this release bought and both times the program froze (said not responding). I therefore just agreed to run that databse update and it says it may take "many minutes". Any idea roughly how long this is and if I am still likely to have futher problems?

WotaWaster
01-14-2010, 02:51 PM
Now frozen twice at the multi currency support stage.
What do I do?
I am in same boat as other guy. Just want something working ASAP. Already should be playing and this holding me up so would apreciate help ASAP.

Triple B
01-14-2010, 03:48 PM
It's not that hard. Just reinstall beta 6 if you are having problems.

Galoper
01-14-2010, 03:50 PM
It's not that hard. Just reinstall beta 6 if you are having problems.

Are you jokeing?

I did it. But something changed in database or something, and now with beta 6 canīt import hands.

Triple B
01-14-2010, 07:57 PM
Are you jokeing?

I did it. But something changed in database or something, and now with beta 6 canīt import hands.

Worked for me. Sorry its not working out for you.

Galoper
01-15-2010, 10:08 AM

It works !!!

Now iīm importing with Beta 6.

Must i install beta 7 again?

Thrahl
01-15-2010, 07:23 PM
Had the same issue, went back to beta 6 now its fine.

After I deleted 23 million hands my database still holds about 22 million more, so I guess you are on the safe side.

How do you tell how many hands are in your DB?

Azalin
01-15-2010, 10:11 PM
Had the same issue, went back to beta 6 now its fine.

The answer is in FAQ. Run a query "Select * count from pokerhands" IF I am not mistaken.

fozzy71
01-15-2010, 11:34 PM

The answer is in FAQ. Run a query "Select * count from pokerhands" IF I am not mistaken.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=19

Rvg72
01-16-2010, 12:49 AM
Beta 8 located at http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe will fix the issue for people having problems with Beta 7 prepping the database for multi currency

Thrahl
01-16-2010, 01:43 AM
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=19

Thanks

49 million hands, lol.

fozzy71
01-16-2010, 11:46 AM
:eek:

Biju
01-16-2010, 03:04 PM
I presume you can skip b7 if you are currenly on b6 and d/l b8?

Rvg72
01-16-2010, 03:54 PM
I presume you can skip b7 if you are currenly on b6 and d/l b8?

Yes, you can always download the latest patch regardless of what version you were running before, even if it was the initial launch of HM 1.0

Roy