PDA

View Full Version : HEM1 DB advice:

UKPD
05-20-2012, 09:20 AM
Hi,

I have decided its time to clean out the poker comp and sort everything out before upgrading to HEM2.

I have been using HEM1 for years and have a huge DB (100 million hands +) most of which is now outdated and I don't need. As the DB is so big it takes ages to do anything and I have some issues with recent updates and my auto-importer is not working correctly. I have never really had any issues with HEM1 in the past so I have done very little management since the original install (if it ain't broke don't fix it).

So I basically want to get all 2012 HH from the DB and delete the rest.

Purging hands using date ranges will probably take like 50 hours so I was wondering if there is a quicker way? (I tried to purge Jan 2010 - Feb 2010: It deleted about 1.5 mill hands then slowed right down so I force closed HEM to stop it - yea I know this is bad)

Can I go to "Hands" tab with "All hands" selected then export them to my comp - set up a new DB and import them to it and then delete the old DB? How do I delete a DB?

Any other advice very welcome.

Many thanks

Patvs
05-21-2012, 11:25 AM
1. With such a large database.... any type of database upgrade (1.12.09-->1.12.10), or maintenance (vacuum/analyse/reindex) or something like purging hands, updating PostgreSQL, is a big RISK or corrupting the database.

Ideally you should just export ALL hands (which is savest): Options--> Database Management--> Connect--> Select Your Database(s)--> (set it as default)--> EXPORT hands.

Also backup your archive folder, C:/HMArchive.
This gives you all the original handhistories.

2. Step two would be to install HM2, and then you have two options:
2a. In HM2--> run a import from database on the HM1 database*
2b. In HM2--> import all the handhistory files
*This currently is the ONLY way to get HM1 notes into HM2.

3. To then delete the HM1 database: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create%7B47%7DDeleteDatabase

UKPD
05-22-2012, 08:12 AM
Many thanks Patvs.

I'll try this and let you know how I fair.

Cheers,

M