PDA

View Full Version : Password problem with pgadmin, even though it should ignore it!

omaha
01-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Hi all, on the competitors site, i have set postgres to ignore passwords

http://www.pokertracker.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4510

I need to manually vacuum hem (not sure why, but i do!)

When i load pgadmin iii, and double click on the postgrew sql database server, i get a CONNECT TO SERVER box, where i need to enter a password. I thought it would be dbpass, or something else, but nothing works!

After that, i get another bos, saying cant open file c/documents and settings////data/postgressql/pgpass.conf (error 5 access is denied)

Strangely enough, when i click on ok, i am allowed to then fiddle around with the databases (is this because i have disabled the passwords?)

Problem is, when i try to vaccuum, it 'finishes' it in a couple of seconds, which obviously nothing is done, as my hem db is 99.6 GIG! ( I have a ssd, and still get 100 hands/seconds import, even though i have not been able to do any maintenance for the entire time!)

I have tried doing everything else i can think of, but cant get a vacuum or anything done.

Is there some other way of allowing getting it done? Maybe a third party program?

All help much appreciated!

Patvs
01-11-2010, 11:37 PM
Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

The password in pgadmin should be postgresspass for HoldemManager.
Vacuum/Analyse your HoldemManager database (not the postgres user)

Just turn off UAC completely (and reboot) to not get the "access denied" errors.