PDA

View Full Version : HM import performance?

PlusEV
09-22-2008, 07:14 AM
hi,

i'm really wondering about the import speed with my current desktop pc. i'm using a 3000+ amd athlon 64 with 1gb RAM. the importspeed starts at 50hands/s and drops down to 20-25hands/s very quickly, no matter how many hands I want to import. I've tried vacuum/analyzing the database (now it's very very large, but the speed was the same when it was empty), but it did not help much. so i wanted to ask, what is the main factor for the import? RAM or CPU? since i decided to buy a new computer mainly for poker, i would like to optimize it for hm :)
can you tell me whether to invest more money in good ram/cpu and whether the performance depends on some other factors as well? (besides number of hands, database size, vacuum/analyze).
ofc it would also be nice, if the programm works fine, when HUD is running (currently it's quite slow....)

p.s.: it would also be cool if you say sth like "x gb ram are optimal"

Diesel7
09-22-2008, 08:35 AM
I have 4Gb memory and Core Duo 3Ghz. First time I've imported 100k hands the speed was up to 200 hands/sec. Second time i've imported next 100K hands speed was 150 hands/sec. Third day it dropped anormally to 60 hands/sec, despite of all times i did full vacuum/analyze. So same problem over here.

fabio
09-22-2008, 09:09 AM
This is no problem of HM, the more hands you import, the bigger the indexes get, so it takes longer for postgres to run querys. Defragging your harddrive seems to help some people.

The "optimal" HM computer should have a fast harddrive, a dualcore processor and at least 2GB of RAM, better are 3 or 4

PlusEV
09-22-2008, 01:00 PM
with my system (old HD, amd athlon 64 3000+, 1gb ddr2 ram and new formated HD. what is a reasonable import speed for a 100k hands package. my db is vacuum/analyzed and should have around 5mio hands or a bit more maybe)
i know there is no exact number, but im wondering whether sth is not working properly or my system is just too old.

thanks!

morny
09-22-2008, 01:21 PM
Im sure it varies alot depending on amount of hands and lots of other things, i get somewhere around 16-30 h/s with a similar setup, some maybe get less some possibly 2-3 times faster