PDA

View Full Version : Please be patient...but not that patient!

Tom888
01-11-2010, 02:24 PM
I've loaded beta 7 but I can't get Step 4 to load.

It's giving me the "obtaining your data" message and then it times out after 5 minutes with an error message about increasing the time on the connection string.

Step 8 is not much better. I finally got there after 2 abortive attempts and it timing out.

Is there any way we can speed this up? Having the analysis is not much good if it takes forever to interrogate the database.

Leak Buster Support
01-11-2010, 05:09 PM
How large is your database? Step 4 shouldn't take that long to load. It should slowly be filling your graph as it goes. Does it do any part of the graphs.

Step 8 does take some time, and like I had said on here, we're working on different ways to speed this up.

Tom888
01-12-2010, 02:27 AM
I've got 175K players and several million hands.

I don't know the exact number of hands but would a purge be beneficial...I could try to slim down the numbers if it would be of help.

Leak Buster Support
01-12-2010, 04:10 AM
When you run it for one player, you should be able to see how many hands it's sorting (if you go to the reports tab). Was just curious because we ran it on some very large databases, and it's surprising that step 4 would timeout before step 8 would. Step 8 is pulling a ton of data and doing several calculations.

Also, do you happen to know if your database is ascii or UTF? I can have advanced support connect with you and sort it out, but was just curious to know some basic information also.

Thanks.

Tom888
01-12-2010, 07:38 AM
Also, do you happen to know if your database is ascii or UTF? I can have advanced support connect with you and sort it out, but was just curious to know some basic information also.

I'm afraid I'm out of my depth here...can you tell me how I might find this out and I'll happily go to the next step.

Julie
01-13-2010, 04:06 AM
I'm afraid I'm out of my depth here...can you tell me how I might find this out and I'll happily go to the next step.

If you go under start>programs>PostgreSQl>pgadmin . Your database will be listed under PostgreSQL Database Server. Click on your database. On the right hand side there will be a SQL pane that will list encoding and it will note if your databse is ascii or UTF.

Tom888
01-13-2010, 06:31 AM
When I try to load Step 4 this is the error message that I get after it's timed out. Does it mean more to you than it does to me?

Npgsql.NpgsqlException:
A timeout has occured. If you were establishing a connection, increase Timeout value in ConnectionString. If you were executing a command, increate the CommandTimeout value in ConnectionString or in your NpgsqlCommand object.
at Npgsql.NpgsqlState.ProcessBackendResponsesEnum(Npg sqlConnector context)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlReadyState.QueryEnum(NpgsqlConnector context, NpgsqlCommand command)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.QueryEnum(NpgsqlCommand queryCommand)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlCommand.GetReader(CommandBehavior cb)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cb)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlCommand.ExecuteReader()
at PostgresConnection.f_OlDbReader(String query)
at d.a(String A_0, String A_1, Double& A_2)
at LeakBuster2._5.UCStep4.FillData()

Tom888
01-13-2010, 06:34 AM
It looks like it's ascii.

Leak Buster Support
01-13-2010, 05:31 PM
I'd definitely recommend updating your database to UTF. I't's going to be much faster, and if you have a really large database it's a good idea. Was trying to see if I could find an update procedure on HM's site. I'll keep looking and post it.

If you don't want to do that, I would consider breaking up your database, or perhaps try on just one user name at a time (if you have an alias selected). I'm asking the developer about this though to see if there's something that can be done also.

Did you get a chance to see how many hands you had for your player (in the reports tab of HM)? Just curious, as it would be helpful. Thanks.

a-line
01-16-2010, 08:08 PM
Npgsql.NpgsqlException:
A timeout has occured. If you were establishing a connection, increase Timeout value in ConnectionString. If you were executing a command, increate the CommandTimeout value in ConnectionString or in your NpgsqlCommand object.
at Npgsql.NpgsqlState.ProcessBackendResponsesEnum(Npg sqlConnector context)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlReadyState.QueryEnum(NpgsqlConnector context, NpgsqlCommand command)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.QueryEnum(NpgsqlCommand queryCommand)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlCommand.GetReader(CommandBehavior cb)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cb)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlCommand.ExecuteReader()
at PostgresConnection.f_OlDbReader(String query)
at d.a(String A_0, String A_1, Double& A_2)
at LeakBuster2._5.UCStep4.FillData()

After update Beta8 it gives me same error repote on step8,runni ng UTF?