PDA

View Full Version : Note synchronization

Irisheyes
09-21-2008, 06:23 PM
I, like many poker players, play on both a desktop PC and a laptop. I'm wondering does HM provide a convenient way of synching my player notes over both computers?

What happens to the unique notes I have already made on my laptop if I export my player notes from my desktop and import them into my laptop?

morny
09-21-2008, 06:35 PM
You could use an external hard drive but thats a bit overkill but heres the FAQ nonetheless http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=154

Alternatively you can use the export notes feature http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=119

Irisheyes
09-21-2008, 07:05 PM
Very interesting link from the FAQ I haden't seen that. That could be a very useful solution.

With regards to importing/exporting notes though:

Lets say I have notes on 2 players (player A and player B) on my desktop. I export these notes and transfer them to my laptop. On my laptop I already have some notes. I have a seperate unique set of notes on player B and also notes on player C. So what do my notes look like once I have imported the notes that I exported from my desktop?

Do the notes on player B merge into one set or are the notes on B that I already had on my laptop replaced?

morny
09-22-2008, 05:27 PM
If its a duplicate note it will skip it otherwise it will add it to the current note so you shouldnt have any problems

zmax
09-25-2008, 02:04 AM
If its a duplicate note it will skip it otherwise it will add it to the current note so you shouldnt have any problems
Export/import notes does not work correctly:
1) Lets say I have set of notes on player A on my desktop. I export these notes and transfer them to my laptop. On my laptop I add some new notes on player A. Then I export these notes and transfer new notes on my desktop. In this case program duplicates all my old notes!!!, not just adds new lines.
2) After I exit HM, all my exported notes disappear.

Rvg72
09-26-2008, 03:07 AM
Hi, thanks for reporting this. I will check both issues and get them fixed

Roy

zmax
09-26-2008, 03:54 AM
2) After I exit HM, all my exported notes disappear.
Sorry, i mean imported notes.

zmax
11-23-2008, 01:41 PM
Export/import notes does not work correctly:
1) Lets say I have set of notes on player A on my desktop. I export these notes and transfer them to my laptop. On my laptop I add some new notes on player A. Then I export these notes and transfer new notes on my desktop. In this case program duplicates all my old notes!!!, not just adds new lines.
2) After I exit HM, all my imported notes disappear.

In 1/06/04 rc5 this does not work:confused: