PDA

View Full Version : Need a bit of Vista/PostgreSQL assistance

EN09
09-21-2008, 04:44 PM
hey all... my name is EN09 and i'm currently a PT3 beta 17 user... i've been a long time user of PT and PT2 then "upgraded" to PT3 thru a stoxpoker bonus point program... thought it'd be the nuts.

so now i'm thinking living thru 17 beta programs after the "release" is just about enough for me coupled with numerous stox coaches using HEM, i decided to give it a shot... so here i are...

as far as i know all my settings are greyed out for 'administrator' and when i right-click on the icon it shows the shield next to 'run as administrator', so i believe i'm good there.

then there is the PostgreSQL issue of login and password... my default should be 'postgres' and 'dbpass' respectively, which was the default for PT3 if i recall correctly... even by allowing HEM to configure it, there is still no connectivity. i have SQL and it works fine with PT3, but isn't accessible by HEM.

how do i go about pointing HEM to the SQL, and to allow the login and password to connect. is it possible to run both PT3 and HEM from the same SQL???

EN09

fabio
09-21-2008, 04:59 PM
Hi,

how do i go about pointing HEM to the SQL, and to allow the login and password to connect. is it possible to run both PT3 and HEM from the same SQL???
- Yes it is, what happens when you enter postgres and dbpass as the password?

EN09
09-21-2008, 05:45 PM
still working my way thru it and believe i got it figured out... doing a setup now and reading the tutorials on importing HH's into DB... i used the default DB name for HEM, this won't interfere with any simultaneous PT3 operations will it? will SQL allow data to import from HEM and PT3 into separate DB's?

appreciate the prompt response tho! :D

morny
09-21-2008, 06:07 PM
They should run fine from the same postgreSQL however the problem that can occur is when you have both HM and PT trying to access the same HH file at the same time.

So your better off, running HM on auto import and when your finished stop HM importing and then let PT import from the folder.