PDA

View Full Version : Database problem

eastside
01-09-2010, 06:52 PM
Hi I have a problem will try to explain as much as possible of it.

2 days ago when I tired to log in to WindowsXP I couldn't because it was
a pirate version and Microsoft locked it. So I had to reinstall windows and decided to go with Windows7.

Now after I installed it it seems that my old (XP) PROGRAM folder is still there so it didn't got erased.(coming back to that)

Anyways I installed HM and postgress and I reimported some of the hands I had stored on D: space. I only imported hands from on of the sites I play on. But then I realized I would have to do this with my all other sites and there is about 4 more with maybe 1-2million hands and I had a sweet HUD set up before and don't remember exacly how it looked so instead of doing it all again maybe easier just to restore it.

So to come back to the PROGRAM folder I have left from XP. Can't I just copy the postgress folder and switch it with the one that is current in windows7 folder? Maybe that is not the way to do it? Can somebody please explain in steps how to do this.
Thanks

fozzy71
01-09-2010, 10:10 PM
Your HUD is in the \rvg software\holdem manager\config folder. All you should need is the prefs.xml file.

If you want to reinstall your old database, using the old files:

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

For reinstalling SQL to the same DB, follow these steps:

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.
2) If you are moving the DB to a different drive/partition, manually cut or copy the \Postgresql\8.x\data directory to it's new location.
3) run the command - start > programs > accessories > command prompt > right-click > run as administrator

net user postgres /delete
4) reboot.
5) Install the same version of PostgreSQL as your current DB using these instructions - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=177
6) If you have moved/installed your DB to a non-default location, please make sure to change the 'Data Directory' path during the installation.

eastside
01-09-2010, 11:37 PM
Thanks for the help.

HUD thing worked great.

The other stuff are little bit out of my leage of what I can do/understand with databases and how to deal with it so I am just gonna import all the hands manually.