PDA

View Full Version : Deleting collected hands/stats on a player.

ATOTHEC101
01-09-2010, 05:28 PM
I'm wondering whether it's possible to delete the collected hands/stats I have on a player? I'm not talking about purging but just starting afresh with 1 specific screen name in my database. If this is possible how do I go about doing it?

Thanks in advance.

Patvs
01-09-2010, 07:16 PM
If you want to delete collected hands/stats of a player that is not one of your heroes, just use the OPTIONS--> Observed Hand History Configuration (this is similar to purge)

If you want to delete many hands where you ARE the hero, simply start a NEW database.

ATOTHEC101
01-09-2010, 07:37 PM
What if all the hands I have on myself are from a pokertableratings purchase that I imported into my hm? If I start a new db and import the hands in my current db into the new one won't the problem remain, or will hero's sn start afresh?

netsrak
01-10-2010, 06:49 AM
If you create a new database this one is totally empty and contains no hands, no players etc.

With importing hands players and stats are generated. If you want to have only one of your screennames in this new database you only need to import hands containing this name.

El Wayneo
02-20-2010, 03:14 PM
hey there

im wondering is it just not possible to say delete one whole stake ? .... or be more selective in deleteing stats ? cause i have so many stats that are from other players using my account so its really screwing up my HEM results....

morny
02-20-2010, 04:59 PM
Yes that is possible FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Purge Hands (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/197/Purge+Hands)

El Wayneo
02-20-2010, 06:21 PM
hey there

i have tried purging but it only takes away viewing those hands... but the actual stats that those hands were based on .. are still there... i really need to delete certain HH's therefore changing my actual stats... is that possible ?? with out needing to make a new database ?

morny
02-20-2010, 07:14 PM
That woul require a re-cache, currently the only way to do this until we implement that option is to export and reimport the hands into a new database

El Wayneo
02-21-2010, 03:32 PM
i seee... willl that option be available in the near future ? if not i think i will just have to make a new database... oh i also have another question ... is it possible to just move an entire database into a new drive ?? i mean it in the simpliest fashion... ie. copy and paste :D

morny
02-21-2010, 04:28 PM
Its certainly on the todo list to recache within HM without reimporting but its quite a big job so its unlikely to be in the short term plans

El Wayneo
02-21-2010, 04:36 PM
sorry to be such a pest... but i just have a few more quesitons to ask u guys...

so moving the database... now can i just copy and paste it on to another drive?

and how does HEM manage incomplete tourney information ?? are those stats.. added in the mix ? im asking cause if there is no result there is no way HEM can report the amount lost of amount won right ?? anyway ... coudl u elabotrate for me ? on how HEM deals with this ...

Thanks ALOT!!

Patvs
02-22-2010, 02:55 AM
You can't move the database, by moving the SQL folder. Either:
-Export your hands in Database Control Panel and reimport them
-Reimport your original handhistories
-Backup/Restore in pgadminIII

An incomplete tourney: HEM thinks you paid the buyin amount (correct),... and HEM doesn't know what position you finished and how much you won (so it incorrectly assumes you didn't cash)

The stats (of the hands from those tourneys) are used in your stats and your opponents stats. To fix the incomplete tourneys: either manually add the correct finish/$WON info,.. or (usually on PokerStars) request your winnings summaries from Stars--> import whatever file they sent you--> that fills in the info.