PDA

View Full Version : HUD update speed

RxzzKo
01-09-2010, 04:05 PM
Over the last few weeks my HUD has not been importing as fast as it used to. It used to update every 5 sec but has changed to more like 20-30 sec.

Isn't there a way for me to change it back to 5 sec?

mksmipalla
01-09-2010, 06:40 PM
Have you tried this. http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?topicid=20&faqid=60

netsrak
01-10-2010, 07:39 AM
The 5 seconds are configured in the file config\holdemmanager.config:

<setting name="AutoImportTimerDuration">5</setting>

RxzzKo
01-11-2010, 12:33 AM
I checked the config file and it was set to import every 5 seconds like its supposed to be. I also tried the vacuum/analyze but it didn't help the problem at all.

I have millions and millions of hands in my DB so I thought it might be b/c of the size of my DB it was taking so long to import so I started a whole new DB for 2010.

The new database was still taking like 30 sec to auto import. I found that a couple of my import folders had lots and lots of hands in them. One of the folders consisted of 60MB of hand histories and another one had about 72MB.

I cleaned all the hands out of the files and everything seems to be importing nice and speedy again on the new DB. (I haven't tried it on the old one.)

I thought HEM was supposed to remove the files from the import folder and archive them after they were imported so I wouldn't have folders full of old HH's. Does it not do that? I actually just got a new computer about a month ago so the folders are only from about the last month of poker. I can't imagine that a months worth of HH's stored in the folders would cause the import to be so slow but apparently it does.

If anyone has any ideas on what I can do to maintain my DB to insure instant imports, then please advise. If not I will just have to keep an eye on the import folders and clean them regularly.

netsrak
01-11-2010, 08:45 AM
If you have configured the auto-import archive correctly the files should be moved to the archive 15 min. after the last access.

For some Pokersites this will not work as long as the Pokerclient is running.
So you should check your auto-import configuration and watch the files.

For a deeper look into your configuration please attach the file config\holdemmanager.config

RxzzKo
01-11-2010, 11:53 AM
I attached the config file. This is the same config file I used on my old computer which I never experienced problems with slow imports on. I just renamed the new config folder from the new install to holdemmanager/config.OLD and copied the config folder from the old computer and put it in the holdem manager folder.

I don't know that is necessarily helpful information but maybe worth noting.

fozzy71
01-11-2010, 08:02 PM
Is this the folder that had all the files still in it?

C:\Program Files\UBmine\histories

RxzzKo
01-11-2010, 11:57 PM
yes, that is one of them. The other one was Ultimatebet/Hand History

Before I figured out what the problem was I deleted all my import folders and started adding them back one at a time until I figured out what was causing the problem. I originally had about 7 different import folders.

I also changed the directory of the archive folder to a new folder I created in the program files/holdem manager folder called 'Archive2'.

netsrak
01-12-2010, 06:19 AM
Its solved now with the new configuration?

RxzzKo
01-12-2010, 03:14 PM
Yeah, everything seems to be working the way it should. I have been checking the folders and the HH's are being moved from the import folders.

Thanx!