PDA

View Full Version : Stars VPP/hand stat and total VPP's stat

vettro
01-09-2010, 06:35 AM
I play 1/2 limit on stars and HEM is calculating these stats wrong. Is there an update since they changed their awarding system?

Thanks

OziBattler
01-09-2010, 06:50 AM
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=23833

im not sure when beta7 will be out but i think that will be what you are after

Rvg72
01-11-2010, 12:44 AM
Beta 7 is out tonight and the VPP stat is adjusted based on the date of the hand so 2009 it uses the old method, 2010 uses the new method

Roy

OziBattler
01-11-2010, 06:21 AM
Hi Roy, ive just tried beta7 and it looks good however i notice that the old stat is the 'new' old stat..ie 5x.

what i'd like to see is a version of the old stat as it was before this update....the 'old' old stat since the games i play (eg 1/2 to 3/6 limit FR) never used the current old stat....basically being able to see the real old stat for my VIP earn so i can compare to what my current earn rate is is what i (and im sure manyothers) would like to see..hope that makes sense?

thx

DonkeyMonkey
01-11-2010, 08:57 AM
There is definately something wrong here in the new beta 7. The new VPP stat which differs beetween hands played before 2010 and now is almost correct but has a slightly incorrectness (NL FR). The old VPP stat which should be there to compare how much less (in case you play FR) or how much more (in case you play SH) you get is way off and completely wrong. Just to inform you.

Shad
01-11-2010, 09:03 AM
The issue is probably stemming from the fact that all other games changed to 5x in the middle of last year apart from Fullring (and maybe limit or something, not sure). So I'm guessing the old VPP stat is now 5x (which is fine for all games apart from FR) and the new one is 5.5x.

starscream1101
01-11-2010, 02:00 PM
Does the new VPP stat with HEM beta 7 able to differentiate from 6max and FR? If not, is there an easy way to fix it so it either reads 6x or 5.5x?

Rvg72
01-11-2010, 02:03 PM
ok, didn't realize people needed the original old vpp stat. Right now the new VPP should be correct and it is based on date and size of table.

The "old VPP" is what used to be the "New VPP" before this change. This uses 5x

The original "Stars VPP" which is now off used table size and rake amounts to determine VPP's.

Could you guys provide some feedback on what these should be named? Do you need all 3 of these stats? It is easy enough to add them back in but I want to make sure I get it right

Thanks,
Roy

Rvg72
01-11-2010, 02:04 PM
Does the new VPP stat with HEM beta 7 able to differentiate from 6max and FR? If not, is there an easy way to fix it so it either reads 6x or 5.5x?

Currently it uses the # of players so if a full ring table drops to 6 handed then it will use the 6max formula. This will change in a future update but until then this is the best we can do and it should be extremely close to the actual amount

DedMazay
01-11-2010, 02:40 PM
Could you guys provide some feedback on what these should be named? Do you need all 3 of these stats? It is easy enough to add them back in but I want to make sure I get it right

Thanks,
Roy
My proposal:

1. "Stars Legacy VPPs" - original ones
2. "Stars Interim 5x VPPs" - implemented in spring 2009 for "some PokerStars cash tables" (as per this page http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/2009earn/)
3. "Stars 2010 VPPs"

Rvg72
01-11-2010, 04:20 PM
ok, I went with

New Stars VPP
5x Stars VPP
Original Stars VPP

This is in beta 8

Roy

starscream1101
01-11-2010, 04:26 PM

Currently it uses the # of players so if a full ring table drops to 6 handed then it will use the 6max formula. This will change in a future update but until then this is the best we can do and it should be extremely close to the actual amount

Thank you! I ahve a custom stat that was built for 6x that'll do as well. Quit frankly, if stars would just add a daily vpp total to the monthly/yearly screen...i'd be a happy guy.

Shad
01-11-2010, 07:14 PM
ok, I went with

New Stars VPP
5x Stars VPP
Original Stars VPP

This is in beta 8

Roy

There is also a different VPP structure for the Euro tables, I believe it's an 8x system but I'm not sure if it's for all types of tables etc. I'll try to find out, or maybe someone from here knows.

DedMazay
01-12-2010, 04:56 AM
ok, I went with

New Stars VPP
5x Stars VPP
Original Stars VPP

This is in beta 8

Roy
Fine!

OziBattler
01-12-2010, 10:47 AM
thanks guys. I look foward to beta8. ozi.

LanceFire
01-12-2010, 04:27 PM
I can't speak for everyone, but personally I would prefer the stats not be date dependent. Meaning since we all want to look through our historical hands and figure what we can project for future VPPs under the new system, it's almost more important to see what I would have made in the past under the current VPP rate.

Those 3 stats with no date dependence would be ideal for me

ogel
01-12-2010, 07:51 PM
i'm playing shorthanded and have a difference between my real VPPs and those in hem

i have earned 40062.61 VPPs this year and hem shows 40195.21

it can not be because of not imported hands, because hem shows more vpps than i actually have

the difference is not huge, but i wanted you to know

MellowYellow
01-14-2010, 03:25 PM
Hi, did HEM get the update to know when a table is 6max or full ring rather than just filtering by the number of players in the hand (which of course will be wrong when there are only 5 people playing at a full ring table) because if not, I dont see how you can accurately have the NEW stars VPPs since in 6max there is 5.5 VPPs given out per dollar and in FR it is 6vpps.

mickyb
01-16-2010, 12:24 AM
Hi, did HEM get the update to know when a table is 6max or full ring rather than just filtering by the number of players in the hand (which of course will be wrong when there are only 5 people playing at a full ring table) because if not, I dont see how you can accurately have the NEW stars VPPs since in 6max there is 5.5 VPPs given out per dollar and in FR it is 6vpps.

Yes, my VPP total in HEM is slightly below that on Stars, the amounts correlate with it being because of hands that HEM thinks were 6max but were actually played at FR tables.

I can't see why anyone would want to know how many vpps they would now be getting under the interim 5xVPP system, and it's very easy to calculate manually if for some reason they do. Assuming you are not able to do anything automatically about the FR/6max issue, I would suggest -

Old VPPs [original system]
New VPPs
New VPPs (Full Ring) - [i.e. 6x even with few players at the table]

You could also have date dependent stats, but, like LanceFire, I consider these less important than the absolute ones listed above -

Vpps
Vpps (Full Ring)

MellowYellow
01-16-2010, 10:09 PM
Yeah I don't really understand why HEM STILL can't tell the difference between a 6max and 9max table. Poker Tracker 2 has been able to do it since the begining and this program is SO SOOOO much better than PT2.

And it's pretty simple in EVERY hand history it either says:

Table 'Isa II' 6-max Seat #1 is the button

or

Table 'Sigune' 9-max Seat #7 is the button

It's pretty easy to determine which table is 9max or 6max, is tihs going to be updated soon? If it is then you could get the accurate amount of VPPs based on what the table actually is.

Bazuko
01-18-2010, 04:22 AM
It could be that some of the tables on stars, still had the old vpp system even in 2010, and only new tables had the new vpp system, so for example, if you played a session from 11pm on the 31st till 1 pm on the 1st, and you were at the same tables, the u would be getting the old vpp, because the table has to die and close itself in order for the new vpp tables to take their place.