PDA

View Full Version : Q: HUD, postgreSQL, etc

bearnet2001
09-21-2008, 02:07 PM
Just got the 15 day trial and need some help:

1. Is there a way to shrink the font down smaller in the HUD? I have it at Verdana size 8 and it's still way too big. PAHUD was able to get much smaller and I prefer a minimalist approach. Looking for an answer beyond choosing a different font btw.

2. Is there a way to get rid of the star that preceeds my stats (its used for making notes)? I hate that thing.

3. I'm new to postgreSQL databases. Is the database info stored locally? ie with access databases I had a several gig large file that I could find: is that the same with postgreSQL or is the gigs of data stored on a central server somewhere? If it's stored locally, why do I have to connect to the internet to use postgreSQL? Also if it's stored locally, where is the default location for the file and what should it's file type be (so I can find it)?

Thanks

fabio
09-21-2008, 02:47 PM
1. Yes, just type in the number you want.

2. We have a beta which has the option to disable the note icon.

3. Yes, the files are stored locally. You can find them at the destination you installed PostgreSQL, but you cant really do anything with those files. However, you can backup your database without any problems, we have a guide for that which can be found here: http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=12

bearnet2001
09-22-2008, 02:46 AM
Thanks for your reply.

How do I go about getting the new beta (that allows me to remove the star in the HUD)? I have .03h right now and after searching can't find a beta download link.

Oh and another question: Is there a way to expand the pop-up in the HUD so that all the seats are properly accounted for? ie I play full ring and it just has stats for button, blinds, CO, MP, and it sums up the rest of the 4 seats into "EP". Is there a way to expand it so that it doesn't sum up all the first 4 seats into EP but rather shows each one individually?

morny
09-22-2008, 09:30 AM
Contact Roy support@holdemmanager.net to test the beta's

This is not possible at the moment

bearnet2001
09-22-2008, 11:50 AM
Contact Roy support@holdemmanager.net to test the beta's

This is not possible at the moment

I have more questions:

1. Where is my HEM database stored by default (I'm looking for the postgreSQL database)? What is it's filetype? I was told it's in the postgreSQL folder but I don't know exactly what to look for and can't find it.

2. I have a very small harddrive on my computer (40 gigs) but a bigger external drive (220 gigs). How do I set it up so that my postgreSQL database being used by HEM is on the external hard drive? Can I have it so that I have multiple HEM databases, with a few on my local harddrive and others on my external drive? If so, how?

morny
09-22-2008, 01:31 PM
1) It wont be 1 file like an Access database theres lots of files that make up the database and it can be found in the Data folder in PostgreSQL, you can also access it via PG Admin which you will find in the PostgreSQL sub menu if you go Start > Program Files > PostgreSQL

2) If you havent already installed it then just install the whole program on your bigger drive, you can specify the drive during installation. You can also specify to install the program files on the small drive and change the path of the DATA folder to the big drive as this is the folder which will take up the most space by a long way. HM dosent support Multiple Databases currently as you can run many millions of HH without problems on a database however it will be introduced at a later stage.