PDA

View Full Version : Issues importing (possibly exporting) hands from PT4 -> HEM

nt3q
05-16-2012, 10:57 AM
Hi,

I've been trying all different things now and can not get the hands from computer A with PT4 Beta to computer B with HEM. I've tried use .backup file and import via pgAdmin III but the 'OK'-button never gets visible.
I've also exported the hand histories to the HDD and always get them in .txt files with a whole bunch of HH's per file. When I try to import these to HEM it recognizes the files but can't read the hand histories.

The .backup file is gotten directly from the PT4 client and not through postgreSQL since I've forgotten the password. If it matters, the postgreSQL installed on computer A is 8.3 while I'm using 8.4 on computer B.

When trying to understand the issue with the .backup import it said one should use compressed format and not plain. I do however not get an option in PT4 to choose any kind of format. It's then exported to a .zip with the .backup file within it.

I also tried to export the hand histories from PT4 to .txt files seperately but it ignores my request and gather a whole lot of them in each and every one.

Not sure what more information I have to give. I'm sorry if this is not enough. I'm hardly any good at this and I'm not all too familiar with postgreSQL and I dont want to change and possibly destroy any settings to lose current data and whatnot.

Thank you in advance.

netsrak
05-17-2012, 05:57 AM
HM has no option to import a PT4 beta backup file.
The only way to get the hands into HM is to import the original handhistory files which PT4 should have saved somewhere (PT3 uses a processed subfolder). If you can't find this hands on your computer A you should contact the support of your pokersite to send you the hands in the original format.