PDA

View Full Version : Please...

Skuzzy
07-16-2008, 12:07 PM
... stop giving away the plugging leaks documents and associated files with the trial version.

These are very useful and very detailed presentations and will easily justify the price of purchase for anyone who reads them, even old pros like me can learn a lot from this kind of analysis.

I would leave in the 1st one and a page indicating the rest of the series is available when you get a full licence. People may be wary of changing from Poker Tracker or Poker Office but this kind of data anlysis is a very unique feature in HEM at the moment, you really should capitalise on it while at the same time benefiting your license holding paying customers. :D :D :p

summary: great addition to the software, I can't wait for part 4

Rvg72
07-16-2008, 03:21 PM
#3 is the last one that will be made public in trial versions

Thanks,

Roy

tontobird
07-17-2008, 06:00 PM
I agree, these articles are among the most helpful tools I have ever encountered!

Pasinger
07-18-2008, 06:14 PM
I can only agree, the articles are a tremendous help and compared to "competition" your software is way too cheap.

pellshek
07-20-2008, 02:49 PM
Yeah Roy, grats on these docs and tools, they are really, really great. I very much hope you keep them coming.

Any ETA on the next one or what topic it might be on?

Rvg72
07-20-2008, 09:15 PM
Next one will be this week and it is on putting people on adjusted 3bet ranges based on their overall 3bet%, your position and their position and then using that adjusted range and their 4bet folding tendencies to determine which hands you can basically get all-in preflop against them profitably.

For example, a player with a 3bet% of 7% will actually be around 10 or 11% when you raise from the SB and he is in the BB (but if you are UTG and he's in the BB then his range is closer to 3.5 to 4%). So based on the SB vs BB hand even a hand like AQo or 99 can be profitably 4bet with the intention of getting it all-in preflop for 1 buyin regardless of how often he folds, call or re-raises the 4bet while in the hand where his real range is around 4% even QQ will lose you money in the long run.

After that we go back to an excerpt from Paul's document on playing draws - probably in about 2 weeks.

Roy

john2
07-20-2008, 09:50 PM
This series is potentially the best instruction ever for intermediate players...Once it's complete, I think it's easily worth $100 (stand alone) to any serious player.

Two questions: (sorry, I can't wait...)

1. How many parts might you plan to have in this series?
2. Could there be at least one or more parts devoted to analyzing your opponents' play based upon stats in your DB? (Done between sessions, of course) I know this isn't exactly in line with "Plugging Your Leaks", but on the other hand, maybe it is?

morny
07-21-2008, 08:58 AM
Dont know exactly how many parts but it includes analyzing all parts of your game such as double barrelling, 3betting, calling 3bets, small blind, big blind, 4betting, flush and straight draws etc

Rvg72
07-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Yeah, there are at least half a dozen or more from Paul's original article and probably another half dozen that I have in mind right now and Paul will be spending a lot of time in the future working on additional articles. I'd expect as many as 20 by the end of the year.

Roy

pellshek
07-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Wow guys, for useless donks like me this is going to be sooooooo great. Thanks for making the effort to keep your product ahead of the game.

tpa
07-24-2008, 08:06 AM
Are any of these articles useful for Limit players?

thesantini
07-26-2008, 01:18 PM
where is article one? Thanks!

morny
07-26-2008, 07:57 PM
The 3 articles are available in the Article menu in Holdem Manager, if you dont see them update to the newest version.

Skuzzy
07-27-2008, 05:07 AM
Are any of these articles useful for Limit players?

The articles are mainly concerned with NL 6 max poker... but what they really achieve is teaching you how to analyze your play using datamined data and the features of holdem manager.

I have been creating my own filters and reports for analysing specifc situations in FR NL games. I learned a lot about how to do this and what to look for by reading these articles even though I needed to generate my own reference data.

For example: In the 2nd document aggression factor and aggression percentage are calculated for you and you are given a table of win rates at various aggression factors found from a data mined sample of winning players. I used the same filter but created a whole new set of statistics from my own data mined database. I found all i needed to know about doing this in one of the articles.

Treiks
08-09-2008, 06:31 AM
Are there going to be any more articles and if yes, then is there a date set?

Rvg72
08-09-2008, 11:11 PM
Are there going to be any more articles and if yes, then is there a date set?

There will be lots more but no dates set. That being said, I'd expect #4 to be released by next weekend.

emwi76
08-18-2008, 12:26 PM
Where can a registered customer find the other articles?

Rvg72
08-18-2008, 05:28 PM
Where can a registered customer find the other articles?

Grab the latest build (www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/hmupdate1.06.01u2.exe) and at the top menu see the "Articles (3)" drop down

Roy