PDA

View Full Version : What are EV stats?

Ajax
01-07-2010, 07:53 PM
For Graphs, I can check the option to "Display All-In EV." What is that?

There are also various EV stats for the reports. For example, "All-in EV Adjusted $" and "EV Big Blinds per 100." What are those stats?

I understand that it has something to do with how lucky or unlucky you have been. But that's about all that I know. How does HEM know if I have been lucky?

Also, could someone give me a link that explains this stuff in more detail?

netsrak
01-08-2010, 04:21 AM
Check this for the beginning: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=68

Ajax
01-12-2010, 09:23 PM
The link that you gave had this in it: "We will be introducing another stat which will try to take into consideration your equity based across all streets which should give a better representation."

What is the status of this?

Also, I would like to suggest that you make more than one version of this stat. The one indicated above would be based on equity from preflop forward (I think).

It would be very good to have a version of this stat that is based only on the turn forward. The reason for this is b/c said stat would then be much easier to interpret, IMHO.

A flop-forward version of the stat might be good as well, but that version would be harder to interpret (yet ironically possibly more useful).

The preflop-forward version would be the hardest to interpret of all three (yet ironically possibly the most useful). I believe that this was implied in the link where it read, "will try to take into consideration."

netsrak
01-13-2010, 04:56 AM
This is still scheduled for 1.11 or 1.12. Please add your suggestions to our uservoice system