PDA

View Full Version : update unsuccessful

charlito
01-07-2010, 04:34 PM
im trying to update my HEM. it is currently not working.
I tried updating. Several problems occured.

I am looking to do a TeamViewer session etc.
Mods/Admins: Please let me know what I need to provide to recieve help. Thank you

fozzy71
01-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

1) Clear your web cache, and download the beta update again, from the link in my signature, with another browser if possible.
2) Right-Click > Save Link As to save it to a different folder.
3) Reboot, and run the installer first thing.
4) Make sure the update is installing to the proper \holdem manager folder

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer (start > computer) and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right-click + Properties the executables and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.

If you have any problems or need to schedule a remote support session, Please email me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download the Teamviewer Quick Support Module - http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer. Please let me know what time zone you are in and what time/days are convenient for you.