PDA

View Full Version : MS Net Framework

WarrenD
01-07-2010, 10:20 AM
I'm just now updating from 1.09 to the latest 1.10 beta update. When I tried to run HEM I got a message saying I needed to DL and run a MS Net Framework 3.5 SP. I DLed and installed the SP and apparently there was some type of error in the installation process (I got an "encountered a problem during setup" error after the installation was complete) . So now I'm in the process of downloading/installing the service pack again since I'm still getting the 3.5 SP message when I try to run HEM, but I'm just wondering
1) why do I need to do this when I have MS Net Framework 4.x
2) do I need to uninstall it and reinstall 3.5, then the 3.5 SP and then upgrade to 4.x to get around the error? or is there some way I can use HEM w/o installing the 3.5 SP?

I use HEM and PT3, and they're both cool and all, but it just seems to me like I'm always running into this kind of trouble w/ HEM.

Patvs
01-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Which Windows version do you use?
If VISTA: you have Vista SP2 installed?
If XP: you have XP SP3 installed?

HEM just needs the latest version of .Net Framework.
If you have version 4 beta 2 it should also work.

HEM causes problems... because like you said "I'm just now updating from 1.09 to the latest 1.10". While 1.10 has been released for over a month.
Hopefully, these type of problems will be fixed soon when HEM has an auto-update feature.

Reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework:

1) Download and run this uninstaller - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip
2) Install this one: http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/e/20e90413-712f-438c-988e-fdaa79a8ac3d/dotnetfx35.exe

The cleanup tool is really nice, and completely removes ALL installations of .Net Framework from your computer. After which you can install the 3.5

WarrenD
01-07-2010, 01:36 PM
Thanks. I'm using XP.

Yeah apparently manually uninstalling other versions of Framework didn't clear it from the system or for whatever reason the 3.5 installation was looking for files from version 2.0a that were no longer on my computer.

Anyway, then Framework cleanup tool did the trick.