PDA

View Full Version : Delay when starting Auto Import

fishfinder2000
01-06-2010, 05:40 PM
I often run into the situation of a long delay when I start auto importing. It often takes up to 10 minutes to start. From there on it usually works fine. The strange thing is that it often seems random, sometimes it will start immediately, other times I have to wait. Any suggestions.

I'll continue searching to see if I can find more info.

Thanks

fozzy71
01-06-2010, 07:09 PM
You may have mis-configured your import/archive folders. You want to make sure none of your archive folders are in the same path as any of the auto-import folders, or it will create a never ending loop and have to keep scanning all those old files.

Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config.

- If your extensions are off you'll just see a file called holdemmanager.
- To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button.
- Click this and attach the file.

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

What sites do you play?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer (start > computer) and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right-click + Properties the executables and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.

fishfinder2000
01-07-2010, 09:15 AM
OK, there was definitely an issue with my archive folder. I've created a new archive folder on the hard drive.

I've just updated to Windows 7. I'm still using 1.09.03. I upgraded to the new beta the other day, but couldn't get things properly worked out, so I've gone back to the 1.09.03 until i have more time to spend on troubleshooting. I will try to upgrade again today or tomorrow.

What's the most convenient time of day for you guys to post quick reply's?

Thanks Fozzy

netsrak
01-07-2010, 11:07 AM
Please check this: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=21121

fishfinder2000
01-07-2010, 01:38 PM
I've intalled the new beta version and everything seems to be working fine. The only issue i'm having is it's still taking a long time for the auto import to start after I click "start auto import". It probably took 10 minutes, but then runs smoothly.

fozzy71
01-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config.

- If your extensions are off you'll just see a file called holdemmanager.
- To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button.
- Click this and attach the file.