PDA

View Full Version : Extracting pot sizes from HEM database

Sigurd
01-06-2010, 04:45 PM
I'm in kind of a tough spot, and hope that a database savvy person can offer some advice.

I'v promised one of my friends to help out with getting some data to use for calculations comparing how much you pay in rake at different poker rooms. It sould "basically" be the pot size taken from real hands - Getting the hand histories are easy enough, but unfortunately I don't know how to extract the data :(

I'm hoping that someone can tell me if it would be possible to extract the pot sizes from a Holdem Manager database, and possible point me towards someone who could help me do it (I would of course pay them for their time).

Below are a description of what I hope to do, and the output hoping to get.

I would like to extract the final pot size (without uncalled bets) from a pool 50.000 hand histories.

Some hand histories should be excluded:
- Hands where there were no flop, since no rake were taken.
- Hands with more or less than 6 players into the hand - I only want to use HHs from full 6-max tables.

The output would be a list of pot sizes, so it is easy for me to put it into Excel, it could look like this:

6.01$
7.05$
20.70$
89.95$
6.89$
30.50$

Ideally it should be easy to repeat the process with different stakes and number of participating players.