PDA

View Full Version : Report Error, Cold-Call

Ajax
01-05-2010, 10:54 PM
I think there is a bug in the reports section (not the HUD) with the definition of cold-call. If not, then it has something to do with a bug in the filter criteria. Please follow these steps.

First, add the column "Cold Call" to the overall report. It will display in the report with the column heading "CC%".

Next, apply a filter based on hand value. Filter -> Hand Values -> Hand Value on Turn:
High Card - Two Overcards
High Card - One Overcard
High Card - No Overcards

Next, apply one more condition to the filter. Filter -> More Filters:
Did 3Bet = False

So we have a total of four conditions on the filter.

Now run the report. The value in the column CC% is 100. That, I think, is an error.

fozzy71
01-05-2010, 11:55 PM
I have forwarded this problem.

Ajax
01-07-2010, 08:07 PM
What is the status of this? Has it been determined that there is an error with the cold-call stat?

fozzy71
01-08-2010, 03:10 PM
I will check up on it for you and respond here shortly.

B-Money
01-08-2010, 03:45 PM
Sorry for the delay Ajax, I've been super busy.

I just ran your filter in my database with 100,000 hands on myself.

Add CC stat
Add Overcards only to Turn hand
Add 3bet = False

My CC% is 79.6

If you don't have a big database, this number very well could be 100% since you are filtering out all 3-bets so the likely hood of a cold call goes way up.

If you can find a hand in there where CC is 100% and you didn't cold call, send the hand to us and we'll take a closer look, but everything appears to be working as it should over here.

GL,
-B

Ajax
01-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Please try another thing on your database with 100k hands on yourself. In addition to CC%, please add these two columns to the overall report:
- Button Unopened PFR
- Cutoff Unopened PFR

Do you get high values for those two stats? If so, then how is it pissible for your CC% to be at 79.6%, but those two stats to be so high as well?

Also, I have a side question about "Did 3Bet = False." I take this filter condition to mean that I did not 3-bet, and that it has nothing at all to do with wether or not my opponent 3-bet. Is that correct?

Ajax
01-08-2010, 05:56 PM
I am starting to think that perhaps I just do not understand what these filter conditions are doing. For example, I tried to filter for when I did not 3-bet and then flopped a set. Here are the four filter conditions that I used:

MORE FILTERS
Did 3Bet = False

HAND VALUES, HAND VALUE ON TURN
Three of a Kind - Set - High Set
Three of a Kind - Set - Second Set
Three of a Kind - Set - Low Set

I then get these values in the overall report:
CC% = 100
Button UO PFR = 100
Cutoff UO PFR = 100

How is this possible? When I flopped a set, 100% of the time I started the hand preflop by cold-calling? Furthermore, when I flopped a set, 100% of the time I stared the hand by stealing from the button? I just do not understand what the information is indicating.

Ajax
01-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Just wanted to let you know that I am waiting for an answer to my to questions above. This is where we are at right now:

QUESTION 1
Could someone please explain to me how it is possible, when I set up a filter with these four conditions:
More Filters -> Did 3Bet = False
Hand Value on Turn -> Three of a Kind - Set - High Set
Hand Value on Turn -> Three of a Kind - Set - Second Set
Hand Value on Turn -> Three of a Kind - Set - Low Set

I then get these results:
CC% = 100
Button UO PFR = 100
Cutoff UO PFR = 100

How is it possible that every time I either flopped or turned a set, I cold-called 100% of the time? And at the same time, I also tried a button steal 100% of the time? Please see post #7 (above) for additional information on this question.

QUESTION 2
Also, could someone please explain to me how it is possible, when I set up a filter with these four conditios:
More Filters -> Did 3Bet = False
Hand Value on Turn -> High Card - Two Overcards
Hand Value on Turn -> High Card - One Overcard
Hand Value on Turn -> High Card - No Overcards

I then get these results:
CC% = 100
Button UO PFR = 98.3
Cutoff UO PFR = 90.5

How is it possible for CC% to be 100, and still have high values for stealing from the button and the cutoff as well? Please see post #6 (above) for additional information on this question.

SOME MORE INFORMATION
Also, my database is of a decent size.

...I just ran your filter in my database with 100,000 hands on myself...If you don't have a big database...

In my database, I have 94,000 hands on myself.

Mike chops
01-11-2010, 08:42 PM
The cold call % is the number of times you just call an opening raise divided by the number of times you are facing an opening raise. It doesn't count the hands where the pot was limped or reraised or unopened.

There is no conflict between having a cc of 100% and an BTN UO PFR of 100%. It just means if you have pocket pair and somebody opened ahead of you, you just call 100% of the time (you set the filter to exclude the times you 3-bet). Similarly if you have pair in CO and BTN and the pot is unopened you raise 100% of the time.

Question 2 seems very similar. The CC% is redundant with this filter because if there is a bet in front of you and you don't 3 bet then you must either have called or folded. If you fold you don't have a turn hand value and so the hand is excluded on that basis.

Ajax
01-12-2010, 08:47 PM
I follow what you said and now understand better, but I also now have another question.

First, here is a quote from above.

I just ran your filter in my database with 100,000 hands on myself.

Add CC stat
Add Overcards only to Turn hand
Add 3bet = False

My CC% is 79.6

Given what you said, I now do not see how it is possible for B-Money to get a value of 79.6, b/c it seems like he should get a value of 100 just like I got. How does CC% end up NOT being 100 in this instance?

Mike chops
01-13-2010, 02:03 PM
I follow what you said and now understand better, but I also now have another question.

First, here is a quote from above.

Given what you said, I now do not see how it is possible for B-Money to get a value of 79.6, b/c it seems like he should get a value of 100 just like I got. How does CC% end up NOT being 100 in this instance?

My guess is he messed up :p

Ajax
01-13-2010, 11:49 PM
My guess is he messed up :p
LOL:D

There is no conflict between having a cc of 100% and an BTN UO PFR of 100%. It just means if you have pocket pair and somebody opened ahead of you, you just call 100% of the time (you set the filter to exclude the times you 3-bet). Similarly if you have pair in CO and BTN and the pot is unopened you raise 100% of the time.

Another question about this. If somebody opened ahead of me, and I had a pocket pair, and I folded, would my CC% then go down? Or would it still remain at 100%?