PDA

View Full Version : Filter 3 - TPGK or worse by turn + Seen Showdown

Ajax
01-05-2010, 08:01 PM
I have a question about the filter “3 - Leak Buster - TPGK or worse by turn + Seen Showdown.”

I added the cold-call stat to my report, and got a value of 100%. I take that to mean that for every hand that comes in through this filter, I started the hand off by cold-calling before the flop. When I first saw that, I thought “wow, now that’s a major leak.”

But the more I think about it, the harder it is for me to believe that with over 91k hands, I never open-raised before the flop (so cold-call would NOT be 100%), had TPGK or worse by the turn, and then saw the showdown.

Could someone please run this filter, and then add the CC% column to your report, and see if you get 100% as well?

I tried building the filter conditions myself, and I get the same result, CC% = 100.

Leak Buster Support
01-05-2010, 09:42 PM
Correct. When you add a filter to look for that stat, then it will show as 100%. If you made something to look at only hands that wtsd, then your wtsd% will be 100% too.

Ajax
01-05-2010, 10:15 PM
When you add a filter to look for that stat, then it will show as 100%.

I do not follow what you are saying. Adding a filter is one thing, and putting a stat column in a report is something different. I did not filter on cold-call. I added cold-call to the report as a column to display in the report.

I add the CC% column to a report, and it does NOT have 100% in the column. I then apply the "TPGK or worse" filter (filter #3), and CC% is at 100%. What is the criteria in the "TPGK or worse" filter that causes CC% to be 100? I see no condition in the filter that indicates anything like "Did Cold Call = True." There is no condition at all in the filter like that.

I am starting to think that the cold-call stat, as defined in Holdem Manager, might have a bug in it.

Did you add cold-call to one of your reports and then run filter #3? If you did, did the CC% column contain 100%? If it did, do you know what condition in the filter caused that to happen? Because I do not know.

Leak Buster Support
01-06-2010, 02:53 AM
Ok, I mis-understood you. I thought you were saying you added a cold call filter also (besides just adding the column).

Actually, I see what the issue is with the filter. The position of the first raiser checks should not be checked in the main section of the filter. Having it checked will take away open raises, so you'll be seeing cold calls. There was a bug earlier in filter 3 and 4, and I think this snuck in when we changed it. Both of those need to be fixed, so we'll put them in the next beta.

Ajax
01-06-2010, 01:37 PM
But in the main section of the filter, there are choices for "Preflop Action Facing Player", and unopened is also checked, so I think open-raises should come through on the filter.

The problem, I think, might have nothing at all to do with the filter.

I continued to investigate this further myself. As I posted above, I really think there is some error going on at the Holdem Manager level, and so the error has nothing at all to do with the filter. I put a bug alert in the forum for Holdem Manager bugs, and the response said that the problem was being forwarded to another person. Here is the thread that I started:

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=23986

If you take a look at that, you will see that I was able to create an error using criteria that is even MORE SIMPLE than the criteria found in Leak Buster filter #3. So I really think this could end up being something that the developers of Holdem Manager are going to have to fix.

Leak Buster Support
01-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Thanks, we'll look more into this as well. I do agree with what you're saying, but I do know that filter 2-4 were changed in a previous beta, and that unchecking the pre-flop positions, it will change the cold calling.