PDA

View Full Version : Reasons to switch from PT3 to HEM?

Jukke
09-20-2008, 02:12 PM
Hi!

I am currently PT3 user, and have now discovered this HEM. I have been learning HEM for one day now. I have not been using it more than just few hands on one table. So far, it seems to me it has slightly more different stats that can be added to the hud than PT3.

Now i want somebody to convince me, why i should spend 80$ on switching from PT3 to HEM. I have red a lot of posts on 2+2 from HEM fanatics, but noone has really addressed the reasons why its better than PT3. In which ways HEM is better than PT3?

Jukke

PS. Does HEM have "TableTracker" kinda system, that PT3 has?

morny
09-20-2008, 03:03 PM
Read this tutorial if you havent already http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?topicid=1&faqid=2

Also this one http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?topicid=1&faqid=3

Then read the articles in the article menu in HM, also all our stats are detailed here: http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewtopic.aspx?topicid=15

That and the 15 day free trial should be all you need to make the decision;)

Jukke
09-20-2008, 03:21 PM
I have red most of that stuff, but i'm still not convinced, why HEM is better than PT3.. It takes some time to customize all the stats how i want them.. And i thought it's not worth using all the time to try out HEM for 15 days, if im not even going to buy it then.

C'mon, convince me to buy this. I will gladly pay the 80 bucks for it, but only if i know it is better than PT3 overall.

fabio
09-20-2008, 04:56 PM
I really dont know what you want to hear from us, sorry

Jukke
09-20-2008, 05:40 PM
How dont you know? What is so unclear?

I want to know your opinion, if you think HEM is better than PT3. And which details it has better than PT3.

I thought u want ppl to buy the product.

Skesis
09-20-2008, 06:47 PM
How dont you know? What is so unclear?

I want to know your opinion, if you think HEM is better than PT3. And which details it has better than PT3.

I thought u want ppl to buy the product.

I doubt you'll be able to provoke them into slandering a rival product, what is your goal? I was in the same situation as you, I was actually a bit sceptical but I took them up on the free trial and bought it 2 days later. If you need someone to tell you why it's better then you really don't get the point of the software.

Cernunnos
09-20-2008, 07:06 PM
HUD faster, works well, more stable, easier to use in general, more customisable(??), more stats, world-calss support.

Jukke
09-21-2008, 12:57 AM
Thank you for answers... I dont think its slandering to praise your own product... And even if it is, so what? PT3 support has done the same in their forums.

Jukke
09-21-2008, 12:59 AM
And the other question, does HEM have "TableTracker" kinda system, that PT3 has? If not, is there plans on making this?

dagrim1
09-21-2008, 06:00 AM
And the other question, does HEM have "TableTracker" kinda system, that PT3 has? If not, is there plans on making this?

It has not...

About reasons to go for HM over PT3? That's really only up to you. I own both PT3 and HM and both have their advantages, but I'm sticking with HM for now since it simply works for me...

I had many problems in PT3 with stats not popping up, hands not importing (that seems to be fixed in the last beta), a lack of updates (they improved on that one too), etc. HM just worked from the start, it had/has many options, stats, filters, possibilities and regular updates.

PT3 has the better looks imo and seems to be faster, I'm gonna try the new beta that's about to come and see how it is now but at this moment HM3 still is my choice. I haven't used PT3 enough to make a decent comparison so perhaps I can give some more info in a while...

But just give it a try, you'll see soon enough if it's worth it...

fabio
09-21-2008, 07:51 AM
Thank you for answers... I dont think its slandering to praise your own product... And even if it is, so what? PT3 support has done the same in their forums.

:rolleyes:

sun137
09-21-2008, 09:16 AM
I used Poker Office for a long time before switching to Poker Tracker 2 (PO crashed a lot at that time). PT2 is an excellent product and worked well for me (still works well). I upgraded to PT3 and it has worked without any problems - although there are still many features from PT2 missing in PT3 and it has had a troubled launch.

I now use Holdem Manager and find it to be an excellent product, with more statistics and features than PT3 at this time, a far superior HUD and (I believe) more potential for successful development at this time. The PT3 Table Tracker option is a nice idea, but has not been fully launced yet and I am sure HEM will develop a similar feature in due course.

I also use other software products which fit my requirements.

Each software product has it's own advantages and disadvantages and you should choose the best one for you - but in todays competitive online game environment, I believe you need more than one piece of kit.

bandy
09-21-2008, 10:01 AM
I purchased and used PT3 since it became available, but switched to HEM a few weeks ago and since then have been able to use a much more stable product that seems to be getting timely updates.

You asked about specific features - a few that I find indispensable are:

1. the ability to easily mark hands during play for future review
2. the ability to see HUD stats in the replayer
3. the ability to import player notes and have them in the HUD

I'm sure PT3 will eventually have these feature - just not sure when.

Also, the "plugging leaks" documents in HEM are worth the price of admission.

Sean314159
09-21-2008, 11:25 AM
I purchased and used PT3 since it became available, but switched to HEM a few weeks ago and since then have been able to use a much more stable product that seems to be getting timely updates.

You asked about specific features - a few that I find indispensable are:

1. the ability to easily mark hands during play for future review
2. the ability to see HUD stats in the replayer
3. the ability to import player notes and have them in the HUD

I'm sure PT3 will eventually have these feature - just not sure when.

Also, the "plugging leaks" documents in HEM are worth the price of admission.

I've started with Poker Office and found the import was broken every time Stars changed anything. Then moved to PT2 which was much better product and is stilled being used by a large install base.

Then I moved to PT3 and found it to be unstable and lacking many of the features of PT2 Beta. Also, there ability to produce updates seems to be non-existent. I'm using HEM these days its a much better product at this time.

That said, once PT3 get there act together they have a couple of features that I don't think are on the HEM road map for sometime (if at all):

-> Custom Stats - scripting style stats that can be placed on the HUD.
-> Auto Rate Players - you can somewhat manually rate in HEM with colors (but it could be improved)

It would be nice to see a HEM road map for the next couple of releases. However, at this time HEM is the best product available.