PDA

View Full Version : My stats dissappear to another player

Biju
01-05-2010, 11:00 AM
I seem to be having lots of probs and feel like a message board hog. Sorry.

6.1 b6. PC. Vista. UAG off. I play Bodog using Idleminer HG and have a lot of crash issues with HoldEm (not necessariliy Hold Em's fault) if I dont close the programs and tables in a certain order. Sometimes this is beyond my control as Bodog closes inactive tables really quickly and while my HUD still works if I try and look up a player profile or use Hold Em in these scenarios it locks up and the pages all turn white.

Yesterday afer a reasonable session and lots of table hopping Hold Em has crashed in the background without my knowing it. I log on to a new table start playing and after a few hands the HUD settles in with the correct player names and stats next to them, and as usual a few hands later still it picks up my data base stats and the players I have hands on increase to that level. However on the HUD at my seat after a while I realise instead of my screen name there is a different name - I presume the previous seat encumbant.

All my stats for that session went against him in my database. Is there anyway I can correct this, and less likely, can anyone explain why this happened.

fozzy71
01-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Any time your computer crashes or you lose power, while importing, you run a very high risk of damaging/corrupting the DB.

I don't know if this is possible to fix with an SQL statement or not. I would probably suggest you start a new DB, but also try and find the cause of the crashes, so this doesnt continue to happen.

Biju
01-05-2010, 06:53 PM
Do you mean reimport or start from scratch and lose all my HH?

fozzy71
01-05-2010, 08:30 PM
Reimport your archived hands to a new DB.

*Try creating a new UTF DB - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146
*Now import a small portion of your \HMArchive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=173
*If the new DB seems to work properly, you will want to import the rest of your archives to the new DB, export/import the hands from the old DB to the new DB, and export/import any player notes and tourney summaries - and then delete the old DB. - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=21

Make sure you export/backup everything before deleting the old DB - http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20754

Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere.

To verify the location: Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: ___________________

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=56

The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31).

Biju
01-06-2010, 12:25 AM
When you talk about the "problem" do you mean the crashing or the HUD thinking I was someone else and storing my hands in their name. The crashing issue - both could easily be related but I've not seen my hands go to another name before - will always happen I guess. Its a mis match in s/ware between Bodog, Idleminer Handgrabber and Hold Em. I have to open all in a set precise order or Hold Em hangs and doesnt see the database, and if I dont close them in a set order with the hand grabber closed first HEM crashes but as Bodog closes tables sometimes this causes the problem too and is beyond my control and it happens where I am on other tables I don't want to close or I don't even know Hold Em has crashed as the HUD still updates.

I will try to reimort the database and see. Is there any way to get that one session back from the other player? Not a big deal but it was a big session and throws my figures out now.

fozzy71
01-06-2010, 02:51 PM
When you talk about the "problem" do you mean the crashing or the HUD thinking I was someone else and storing my hands in their name. The crashing issue - both could easily be related but I've not seen my hands go to another name before - will always happen I guess. Its a mis match in s/ware between Bodog, Idleminer Handgrabber and Hold Em. I have to open all in a set precise order or Hold Em hangs and doesnt see the database, and if I dont close them in a set order with the hand grabber closed first HEM crashes but as Bodog closes tables sometimes this causes the problem too and is beyond my control and it happens where I am on other tables I don't want to close or I don't even know Hold Em has crashed as the HUD still updates.

I will try to reimort the database and see. Is there any way to get that one session back from the other player? Not a big deal but it was a big session and throws my figures out now.

Have you looked at the actual hand history files that were moved to your archive? Do they have your Hero Name, or his? If your hero name is properly in the files they should import to a new DB fine. If the hand grabber wrote the files incorrectly without your screen name, the files would need to be edited. If your name is in the files for that session but different in the DB that would be caused by some sort of database corruption (most often caused by a crashing PC or power outage).

Biju
01-06-2010, 05:36 PM
Ok I tried exporting to new database. I end up with less information. I have info on 23,799 players on old database new one has 23,785 and I lose around 300 hands of info on my recent play of 12,000 hands. Is that good or bad. Which database should I run with. Neither are correct for my recent play. You almost need a degree in computing to get this right!!!!

Biju
01-06-2010, 05:59 PM
I looked in HM Archive at the actyual HH. The whole session is there but it has this other persons name against all the hands on the HH just as it had on the HUD which makes sense. So is there a way to get these meagre 71 hands back from him. The only hands I have from him on my whole database are these hands in question as he doesnt appear on my database otherwise. Typically it was a 4bi win session.

fozzy71
01-06-2010, 06:47 PM
If they are text or HTML type files you should be able to use a text editor like NotePad++ to Find/Replace. You 'Find' all of the instances of his screen name and 'replace' it with your screen name and then delete/reimport the hands. It shouldn't be too bad for only 71 hands.

Biju
01-06-2010, 10:36 PM
I went to the HM Archive file opened the table from the repective date and changed the villains name to mine with the replace tool in all 71 hands. Saved it and uploaded the files to HEM. HEM saw it as a duplicate file on upload and the villain still exists within HoldEm. What now? Isn't this where HEM gets all its data. I'm lost.

fozzy71
01-07-2010, 12:41 AM
I went to the HM Archive file opened the table from the repective date and changed the villains name to mine with the replace tool in all 71 hands. Saved it and uploaded the files to HEM. HEM saw it as a duplicate file on upload and the villain still exists within HoldEm. What now? Isn't this where HEM gets all its data. I'm lost.

Copy the file to a new folder and use Import From Folder. You have to trick HM into not thinking it has imported that file before. This is done for performance reasons.

1) Right-Click your Desktop > New > Folder.
2) Go to your \HMArchive folder (or wherever your edited file is) - To verify the path, go to Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: _________.
3) Open that folder and copy the hands (folders of hands) you think it has missed. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31).
4) Paste them into your new desktop folder > HM > Import From Folder.

Biju
01-07-2010, 02:36 PM
nope. Didnt work. Hands are under villain still rather than me. Where does Hold Em access it's files from to collect the data it displays. Surely it's in the SQL database so I need to update those files. Now I've updated the HMArchive I'll try a New database and import again from Archive and see if that works.

Biju
01-08-2010, 01:27 PM
HELP. I tried the above. The new database took more than 15 hours to create and I let it finish overnight - I have info on 23,800 players and 617,809Hands in 1482 Files - not the largest surely. I try and open it this morning got an error message, hit continue and HEM can't find the database.

When I try and open HEM now I get the initial rectangular box with Hold Em Manager and the new logo saying Initialising Database. Then a grey box opens with "The following error occured when trying to open the database: Failed to establish a connection to '127.0.1"

I have no way to get past this to change back to my old database and am dead in the water.

I rebooted the PC tried again and after the HEM Initialising database box got another grey box that this time says "The following error occured when trying to open the database: Unable to read data from the transport connection. An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host"

Biju
01-08-2010, 03:30 PM
OK I got past the immidiate above problem and can now see the databases, so my issue isn't so urgent as I can at least use HEM again. It's currently Optimizing reports as I stepped back to the prev database as a precaution. The 71 hands didn't load on any of the updated databases under mt name though. Are you sure this is this possible just by changing the players name to mine in the HH in HMArchive?

Biju
01-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Finished optimizing reports and......tah dah.....it's correct and hands are back in my name and other player has vanished. Not sure how I got there, but I did.

Do I now need to delete the two other databases I now have or is that unceccessary, and if so point me in the right direction please. Thanks for the help.

netsrak
01-09-2010, 07:38 AM
If you no longer need the data in the old databases you can delete them:
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=21

Biju
01-09-2010, 11:06 AM
Does it affect the speed or response of HEM to have additional databases.

netsrak
01-09-2010, 12:18 PM
No, they only need harddisk space