PDA

View Full Version : Failed to connect to 127.0.01

Nairb
01-04-2010, 09:45 PM
When I open HEM I get an error message that says "Failed to establish connection to 127.0.0.1" and then opens a dialog box where that number is in a box that says "Server Name: for Postgres. This is the first time I have used HEM since switching ISPs and installing a new router, what do I need to do to get it working?

Nairb
01-05-2010, 12:25 AM
Can anyone help me with this, I am trying to not be impatient but have tried everything I could find and still no HEM and it is crashing my sessions.

netsrak
01-05-2010, 05:26 AM
Please reboot your computer,

if that doesn't help please check this: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=22409

Nairb
01-05-2010, 12:05 PM
Please reboot your computer,

if that doesn't help please check this: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=22409

''

I have done everything there, and had before posting and it still doesnt work. I even had a very experienced IT guy on Mikogo looking at it and he could not figure it out either.

If I just uninstall Postgres and reinstall it will I lose all my hands? Could that fix my issue? I am about ready to throw this damn HEM and Postgres programs in the trash and go back to PT2 that at least my HUD would work. I am not computer genius but when it worked 5 days ago, and 4 days ago I switched ISPs and routers =, that has to have something to do with this and Postgres will not even start up. I have done all the steps. WTF now?

Nairb
01-05-2010, 03:44 PM
Uninstalled Postgres 8.3 and installed 8.4 and it seems to be working, it has been importing HH files for an hour or so but there are a lot to import.

Nairb
01-05-2010, 05:13 PM
OK fixed. I uninstalled everything and reinstalled Postgres 8.4 instead of 8.3, then downloaded the newest beta and imported all my hands from the archive folder and it is working again.

That was hours of torture, seems like it would be easier than that but maybe im a tech retard, idk. Either way problem solved it seems, HEM and HUD are working and all my old info is now in HEM so I guess its good to go.