PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate problem unresolved

Fabreg1
07-16-2008, 10:45 AM
Ultimate Bet is still not auto-importing. After following your instructions this still does not work properly (using latest version).

It will auto-import for several hands then stop. Closing HEM, deleting the file in hemdata, and restarting will start the auto-import again, only to stop once again after a few hands. Infuriating.

Mike chops
07-16-2008, 10:58 AM
Closing and reopening the hisotry window should be sufficient to reset the code that grabs the hands. We'll look at adding menus so you can tweak the timing delays.

Fabreg1
07-16-2008, 12:27 PM
I tried that - doesn't work. You have to delete the file in hemdata, and to do that you have to close HM. Pain in the butt to do it every 5 hands.

lrrpk9
09-25-2008, 06:27 AM
I also have this problem. It happens every time I play. Cash games and sit and go's. It will work fine for a while than stop importing , it will sometimes start again but it takes between 3-20 hands or so to do so. If it take more than 10 hands those past ten will not show up in hud or stats until imported manually. Closing and reopening HH window does not help. Also sometimes hud will display wrong numbers ie after playing 50 hands it will show only 3 than it will go back after a few hands . And sometimes not as much as import problem (that happens every time I use HM) it will completely disappear. I have read the FAQ and I do have lastest version 1.06.03h.

Mike chops
09-25-2008, 11:22 AM
If you want to drop me a line, I can send you a test build to see if we can sort out the problem. I'm mlamb1@gmail.com. I also have skype and msn accounts with the same email.

oliviermtl
09-30-2008, 02:09 PM
Every release i tried to install had the same problem described, 10 hands then stop. I'm back to version v1.06.01u (hud t) and everything is fine now.

PS:Great soft, thanks for the job guys.

shady
10-06-2008, 03:37 PM
Every release i tried to install had the same problem described, 10 hands then stop. I'm back to version v1.06.01u (hud t) and everything is fine now.

PS:Great soft, thanks for the job guys.

UNRESOLVED ISSUE:

This same thing happens to me. Im using the most recent update 1.06.04 beta 7 with hud 1.6.4a

I get like 10 hands then it stops importing unless I shut HM down and restart it and that only gives me another 10-30 hands until I have to do it again. My issue is unresoved because some of the features on earlier huds arent available on the newest one that I use.

morny
10-06-2008, 06:21 PM
Please email Mike so you can test out the new betas in advance and give him feedback to solve the problem quicker

Mike chops
10-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Can people with problems try this new hud? Make a copy of the hmhud.exe file in the holdem manger folder and then unzip this file into the same folder.

You will need a recent holdem manager program, since the newer huds aren't completely compatible. If you have 1.6.4x you should be ok.

Alpha
10-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Mike, I tried again with my fresh installation of HM along with beta 9. I played just 1 table on Ultimate Bet and the HUD froze after around 70 hands. I checked C:\program files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\ImportingI\HEM Data and I could see from the timestamp that it had just stopped for no apparent reason. I had not stopped the hand history or tinkered with any settings other than perhaps dragging the stats around the screen above the correct players. So I do not understand why it stopped recording hands. Since I am one of the users that have experienced problems I extracted the Zip file as per your instructions but now the HUD does not work at all. So now I am going to revert to the old hmhud.exe as I have had no luck with the newer one.

I just reverted back to the earlier HUD - Table Maanger 1.6.4a as I could not get the zipped one you sent working. On this occasion I played just 45 hands on 1 table on UB until it stopped working and updating the statistics.

Are there any other UB players out there that are experiencing the HUD failing to update after playing a reasonable number of hands?

For the record I have already excluded Holdem Manager from my firewall (Comodo) and Anti-virus (AVG) in case it was interfering with the workings of the HUD.

Mike chops
10-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Thanks for trying that and sorry about the problems.

Can you try this one with no dlls? I was working on the dlls. They work OK for me, but I couldn't get it to work on Roy's machine either.

Mike chops
10-07-2008, 07:33 PM
BTW the problem I found was UB changed the window title from "playing hand #xxx" to occassionally putting up "previous hand #xxx". I'm fairly sure they didn't do this when I was coding it first time around.

Alpha
10-08-2008, 07:07 PM
Ok I can now see that this is version 1.6d and this has replaced 1.6c that you sent earlier (with a few DLLS to copy in the folder). Trouble is even though both 1.6d and 1.6c load okay (especially after I correct the Vista security permissions) the importing\HEM Data folder fails to populate so the HUD overlay never actually appears over the UB table.
During tonights session on UB I reverted back again to the current released version 1.64a. I still had problems as expected in that it would just stop after anything between 30 to 60 hands. I have no idea what is stopping it as nothing I can see happens that would cause it to suddenely stop. The only way I can get ithe HUD going again is by closing HM and reloading the hand history. I think I also have to delete the file in the importing folder. It then starts working again for say another 30+ hands or so. Its frustrating as in most other respects I am really getting to like Holdem Manager.

Mike chops
10-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Once again I'm sorry for the problems. I posted a build in the Releases->beta 9 thread, with my latest fixes. It's near the end.

Alpha
10-08-2008, 07:59 PM
Thanks for your help. I have just downloaded beta 10 from the releases>beta 9 thread with your latest fixes for UB. So I am now running HMHUD 1.6.4d. On this occasion the HUD loaded up and appeared over the table almost straight away - so that is working. However I just finished playing on a table and it stopped at 29 hands. I also noticed the number of played hands jumped in increments sometimes, e.g. it went from 17 to 25 hands. Th update then finally stopped at 29 hands depsite the fact that I carried on playing for another 10 minutes. If nobody else is esperiencing this maybe I am just doing something wrong or there is something on my laptop just screwing it up.

Chipp
10-10-2008, 01:57 AM
If nobody else is esperiencing this maybe I am just doing something wrong or there is something on my laptop just screwing it up.

I don't think it's just you, I'm having similar problems.

Chipp
10-12-2008, 01:38 PM
I don't think it's just you, I'm having similar problems.

Oddly it was working great for the first half of yesterday, but then it started acting up again later, seemingly worse than ever. In addition the hud was crashing periodically (which actually wasn't much of a prob since I had to restart so often anyway :/).

I haven't tried the beta's you reco'd to Alpha, since it seems they weren't really any better and like I said this one sometimes works ok still.

Alpha
10-12-2008, 04:37 PM
Chipp, earlier I installed the lastest Beta 12 that includes the latest hud 1.6.4f. On this occasion for once it was recording every hand rather than being about 5 or so hands behind and then catching up. But once again the HUD has just stopped - this time after recording 38 hands that I have played on just 1 table. Now the hud has just disappeared and crashed altogether now that I have actually played 60 hands. It really is incredibly unstable. I have had HM for a week now and have not found a decent working version of the hud that works ok with UB. Like you I will have to start the whole thing up again. I assume you are playing on UB as well? Does anyone have a working version of HM with UB? If so what version?

Chipp
10-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Yeah, UB. I came across a thread from a coupla months ago where some guy said he was still using Ultimate History to fetch hands, even after this capability was added to HM. I guess I'm going to have to try this, tho the times I (inadvertantly) had GT+ running at the same time as HM hud the HH window just bugged out, so I don't see how he had it working.

oliviermtl
10-13-2008, 07:20 AM
Just installed last beta 11, and everything seems to be ok, played about 1000 hands, nothing to say.

Amazing work you did guys, keep going

Chipp
10-13-2008, 01:12 PM
So I tried that and not only did it not help, but now my hud panels are f'd up. Argh.

edit: it seems to be working now, weird. However in trying to realign my panels it seems the ctrl option to move one panel at a time is behaving inconsistently.

Enric0
10-13-2008, 01:20 PM
Hi

The new version beta12 is still not working.
It only imports hands when you close the table after playing.
The hud does nothing at all.

Chipp
10-13-2008, 01:29 PM
in trying to realign my panels it seems the ctrl option to move one panel at a time is behaving inconsistently.

While trying to sort this out the hud crashed. I'm using beta 11.

Enric0
10-13-2008, 01:31 PM
Hi Chipp

What have you done to get it al fixed.

I currently running 1.06.04beta12 and hud 1.6.4F.

Witch one are you running?

Do you have to change something in the options of UB?

Enric0
10-13-2008, 01:34 PM
Where can i find beta11?

morny
10-13-2008, 01:37 PM
While trying to sort this out the hud crashed. I'm using beta 11.

Please try beta 12 http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.06.04beta.exe

Hi Chipp

What have you done to get it al fixed.

I currently running 1.06.04beta12 and hud 1.6.4F.

Witch one are you running?

Do you have to change something in the options of UB?

Sounds like you have it set to import the UB hand histories which cant be done while playing because UB lock them so it only can import them when UB is closed and theyre unlocked.

You need to delete this folder from the auto import folder that points to the the UB folder and then set it up as per the FAQ http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=150

Enric0
10-13-2008, 02:03 PM
ok thanks i will try it.

Chipp
10-13-2008, 02:07 PM
Please try beta 12 http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.06.04beta.exe

From the release thread it sounds like that hud has even more problems. I didn't even want to try beta 11 for fear of f'ng my panels up (which took quite a while to get right in the first place), but that guy said it was working fine. I guess I'm going to attempt to revert back to what I had originally and just deal w/ restarting HM every 10 minutes, til a stable version is released.

I know, I'm not helping matters, but frankly I didn't spend $80 or w/e it was to be a beta tester. I wouldn't be much good at it anyway, I'm just not very computer savvy.

edit: actually it looks like I am using beta 12 (it says so in the title bar of HM). I had tried to download beta 11 based on the earlier poster's recommendation, but I guess the link I used pointed to the latest build rather than what it was labeled as. Is beta 11 still available somewhere?

Alpha
10-13-2008, 02:34 PM
I have just re-installed 1.6.04 beta 12 that includes the hud (table manager) 1.6.4f and this still isn't working for me correctly. I have just opened 1 table and yet again the table was lagging several hands behaind and finally stopped altogether at 34 hands of play. It has now just disappeared altogether now the players have played around 55 hands (if I uncheck and check the box on the table manager the crashed hud re-appears).
I am running HM on Vista on a dual core machine and I have follwed the instructions on the FAQ - I keep the HH open etc.
I think I may have actually tried beta 11 as well but I have not had the success the earlier posted had. What did he do that Chipp and I have not done?

morny
10-13-2008, 02:46 PM
Lads email me and ill do a teamviewer session with ye lads to make sure all is correct and so i can see if it is a bug or just wrong settings morny@holdemmanager.net

heres the last stable version http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.06.03h.exe if you want to revert back to that version until the next stable one then thats fine, i only offered beta 12 in the hope it would fix the problem not so that you can beta test it for us although we do appreciate the people who do give us feedback

Alpha
10-13-2008, 03:10 PM
Morny, I just sent you my teamviewer details. The hud just crashed again on me btw. I had to restart everything and delete the file in HEM\importing and re-import manually.

Enric0
10-13-2008, 03:24 PM
it is working correctly by me.
playing 8 tables , 1500 hands no problems.

thnks very much

Alpha
10-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Enric0, I am pleased to hear it is working for you. Especially 8 tables! What version of HM and HMHUD are you running? What did you do different as you had trouble earlier?

Enric0
10-13-2008, 04:07 PM
i had this version 1.06.04beta12 and hud 1.6.4F.

but i didn't do the thinks in this faq

FAQ http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=150

After that every thinks works ok.

i work with windows XP

Alpha
10-13-2008, 04:20 PM
Ok. Thanks for that Eric. I have followed the FAQ as well but not had the same luck with getting a stable working version of the HUD. Maybe I am doing something wrong as I am using the same version as you but I am still experiencing crashing problems with the hud. Thanks for the update though.

Enric0
10-13-2008, 04:53 PM
you know that of each table you open, you must also open the hand history?

otherwise nothing will happen.

Alpha
10-13-2008, 05:08 PM
Yep, I know that. At the moment I am only playing 1 table and yes, I have the UB hand history table open all the time.

morny
10-13-2008, 10:28 PM
email me morny@holdemmanager.net and well do a www.teamviewer.com session to check the problem

Alpha
10-15-2008, 04:25 PM
Thanks Morny. Following your advice I double checked all my Anti Virus (AVG) and the firewall settings on my PC. I think the culprit was my "Comodo firewall" - I used it to replace the Windows firewall and Windows Defender al little while back as its a little bit more powerful. Comodo uses an additional feature called "Defense+" - basically its a HIPS (Host Intrusion Protection System) thats just another layer of security on top of the standard firewall (as it happens I don't really need it as I have another piece of software that does much the same thing). Once I disabled that part of the firewall and rebooted, everything has been working fine since. Perhaps it was just locking files as the hud was trying to import them. For the first time since I bought HEM it is now recording every hand from the HH. So far I have played way more than just 30 hands on more than 1 table and it has picked it all up. The hud is refreshing every 5 seconds (as opposed to being about 5 hands behind) and has not crashed. Its looking very good. Just for the record I am using the very latest beta at the time of writing (beta 12) on Vista, playing on UB. Once again, thanks!

Chipp
10-18-2008, 01:29 PM
Good to hear you got it going, Alpha. I use a kerio firewall, and according to the config HIPs is not activated. However NIPS was. I disabled the firewall temporarily to no avail. I then disabled Avira (antivirus) and still no good. Then I realized some of other the programs I was using might be causing a prob, namely PlaceMint (window positioning software). But turning that off hasn't helped either.

I guess I'm going to have to d'load TeamViewer and get a hold of Morny.

Alpha
10-18-2008, 04:11 PM
Hi again Chip. Since my last post I did have a good run but unfortunately it was short lived. Things went really well after the firewall change that I made whilst using beta 12. I actually managed around 1000 hands of play on 2 tables before the hud crashed (this was a first as before I was lucky to get 30 hands without a crash). So then I decided to install beta 13 (the latest) to see if things would get even more stable. I don't think it is related but the stability of the hud is now worse than ever. Over the last couple of days I have tried several old hud versions e,f,h and J. I also reverted to the old beta 12 that I found on my on my hard drive and I have tried that as well but to no avail. I have also reverted to the "stable" version 1.06.03h.exe (the non beta version). Whatever version I use, I am lucky to get 30 hands recorded before it crashes. Even when it works it tends to just record in clumps of 5 or so hands - the 5 second HMIMPORT.exe is just not working correctly. Whatever version I use I am lucky to get any hands recorded. I have never been a big multi-tabler so I am hardly pushing the system.

Further to Morny's suggestion, on this occasion I have gone the whole hog and uninstalled all my security - I have totally uninstalled my Anti Virus (AVG), firewall (windows firewall and Comodo) and all other instances of security software (Threatfire). Still no joy - the HEM hud is as unstable as ever - I have tried a couple of versions of HMHUD and they just record a few hands every now and gain and then it crashes again.

Just to recap I play on Ultimate Bet, I use Vista SP1 and UAC is switched off. I don't use Ultimate history and I make sure the hand history is open. And as you can see from the above I have tried it without any security software running at all. My laptop does not have any memory or CPU problems. I have also gone as far as running a Microsoft app "Sysinternals" to see if anything I am running is stopping the hud from working - if it is I can't see it. I am beginning to wonder if I am using the wrong version of Postgres - I am uisng 8.2. Should I upgrade that to 8.3? I have already vacuumed my database and defragged my hard drive. I have run out of ideas on how to get this hud working for more than just a few recorded occasional hands. Its just a case at the moment of constantly closing and re-opening HM.

Alpha
10-19-2008, 02:51 PM
I am running the latest beta 13 with hud 1.6.4j. Today I have mainly played 6 max and I have noticed if there are 5 other players at the tables the hud stalls after I have played around 33 hands. The "all active players" windows information just disappears at that point and then the static hud data clears altogether around 10 or so hands later. Once today I played heads up and the hud lasted a little longer before crashing - I think i played around 60 hands.

By the way to ensure hud performance is at its stongest, the opacity is off and I have made sure pre-fetching is switched on, as I understand UB requires it.

Just earlier I tried switching on "force ontop" in table preferences but then I just started to get unhandled exception errors so had to re-install the software.

In desperation I have also created a new simpler hud profile but this has not helped either. The hud still crashes and most of the time even when it works does not update until about 5 hands have been played. HM on UB is unusable as far as I can tell. I have completely run out of ideas on how to get this thing to work.

In desperation I have also created a new simpler hud profile but this has not helped either. The hud still crashes and most of the time even when it works does not update until about 5 hands have been played. HM on UB is unuseable as far as I can tell. I have completely run out of ideas on how to get this thing to work.

Alpha
10-21-2008, 03:42 PM
I uninstalled Postgres 8.2 and deleted all the databases and accounts as I had taken backups. Then I updated Postgres to 8.3.4 (the very latest). Spent an hour or so and re-imported all my hands (about 160k) and also run the vacuum in pgadimin III. Tried again but the hud is still unstable. So I uninstalled HEM and re-installed 1.06.03h. The hud was still unstable (kept crashing after a few hands) so I upgraded to beta 13 but that also kept crashing - no change.

Normally I am lucky if I get more than 30 or so hands recorded before it crashes - although it does vary slightly.

I am running Vista SP1, UAC off and play on UB (normally just 1 table). I have also tried HEM with ALL security uninstalled (no firewall\AV - nothing at all) - but it still crashed and still had a tendency to only record hands every now and then. Strangely, once in a blue moon i can play for 100 hands before the hud crashes. I did have one exceptional spell (see an earlier post) where I played around 1000 hands before it crashed hence I thought it was fixed, but it transpired that this was a one off as shortly after I was back to square one. I have already tried every version of the table manager that I can find but they all crash.

Is everyone that is using HEM and Ultimate Bet finding the HUD stable? If so, what O/S (XP/Vista) and what version of HEM are you running?

Mike chops
10-21-2008, 03:54 PM
I run Vista 32, with avast anti virus and have not seen a problem. The last build I tested was beta 13. I played for 30 mins on two table and left it mining 5-6 tables for 3 hours and it seemed fine. BTW does anybody notice a difference between mining or playing i.e more likely to hang with playing or mining?

We are about to release a new beta. I have put some new logging infomation in the build and made some small changes to the UB mining code. If you have problems with this build - the HUD will show 1.6.4k - please send me the log.txt file from the logs folder.

I am sorry this has taken so long to fix. It has been working very well for me and it is problematic to fix bugs when I can't see them. Also I was told a month ago that UB and ABS were about to merge sites and so I did give this less priority than I would have otherwise.

Alpha
10-21-2008, 04:41 PM
Hi Mike, I now also run Vista 32 with Avast. I have been using AVG reasonably happily for years but have decided to try another AV. Avast looks pretty good.
Funny you should mention playing versus mining. Whenever I have let a table run HEM didn't seem to crash but I didn't leave it running for long enough for an objective test. As a proper test I will test it again without me playing (which is difficult as I am normally playing.) So at the moment I cannot give you figures on how stable it is when mining as opposed to playing bit I'll let you know.
Yeah, I am also aware of this Cereus merge of AP and UB but for now there software seems totally separate. They have not given any indication yet that the software will merge for both platforms.
Just to get HEM working, I am tempted to play more with other poker clients in conjunction with HEM. But I get very good rakeback with UB and I also use very good table selection software that is UB specific. The games at my micro limit also seem quite soft\loose compared to other sites, so I am reluctant to give up on this. It would be great if you could get HEM smoothly with UB for me or anyone else that may be experiencing the problems that I have had.

Chipp
10-24-2008, 08:01 PM
Hey Alpha, Mike, sorry I didn't get back to you guys sooner.

Alpha, reading your last couple posts it's clear we're def in a very similar boat. Only diff is I use XP (and Avira/Kerio, but like you I've tried w/o both AV and firewall).

I think I may've stumbled onto something, tho, and I think it may be relevant to what Mike was asking about playing/mining- I'm pretty sure mining has been working fine for me lately, and if I join a table to play while keeping the other tables (being mined) open, it seems stable. Like Alpha, I often single table, but I think I've had this work w/ 2-3 tables as well.

I'll try to pay closer attention over the next coupla days. Alpha, perhaps you could try this and see if it works for you, too.

Mike chops
10-25-2008, 12:45 PM
I got log files from someone and it looks as if the problem is the HUD can't write the hand history file. Possibly this is because HEM is trying to read it at the same time, though I'm not sure why this is an issue. I put some more code in this build to try and work around the problem. Could you try it with logging enabled. If you have a prblem please send me the log.txt file from the logs folder.

rdoz
10-25-2008, 12:51 PM
I have similar problems with beta 14.

My details are at
http://208.109.95.123/forum/showthread.php?p=16569&posted=1#post16569

Alpha
10-26-2008, 09:02 PM
I extracted the hmtestubhud and used that hud for several hundred hands along with beta 14 but the hud was still unstable. It was still only recording around every 5 or more hands or so that I played and then stopped all together after around 29 hands. The hud then disappeared after I played around 60 hands. Every now and again, perhaps after around say, another 50 hands, the hud would re-appear and pick up the correct number of hands. The hud would then record a few more hands every now and again before hanging and crashing again.

I have forwarded the latest log files to Morny (so he can forward them to Mike.)

Perhaps the problem is with the actual UB HH table log. It does seems to flicker a lot, seems to do this weird erratic scroll that does not correspond to the hand I just played, is generally difficult to use and it looks awful and old fashioned compared to other poker sites HHs.

BTW the last posters thread sounds very similar to my experience with using the actual HEM hud.

godspeed409
10-27-2008, 09:30 AM
Im having the same exact issue, glad im just using the trial for right now. After about 10 hands the table manager window closes automatically and quits importing.

Really do want to get the software, but i mainly play on UB and i cant get it to work correctly. Will be keeping my eye out on this thread.

Im going to check what beta im using.

morny
10-27-2008, 12:43 PM
Alpha can you send the files to Mike please as my email is down until tommorrow mlamb1@gmail.com

godspeed409
10-27-2008, 12:52 PM
Not that this helps any, but i first start HM i can get the hud to work as long as the table manager is there. After about 4 -8 hands it closes and thats the last update i get. The HUD will stay up, but no importing/updating.

Like i said, really looking forward to getting this straight.

Alpha
10-27-2008, 01:36 PM
Morny, I have just sent the logs to Mike.

Mike chops
10-28-2008, 10:34 AM
Thanks Alpha.

For everyone else here's a new build with changes I made after getting his logs. He said last night it worked for 300 hands...

godspeed409
10-29-2008, 12:59 AM
I only got to test it for a few minutes but put 30 hands in with the new HUD and had no issues. Worked perfectly!!!

Will be able to put 1k or so in tommarow. Ill let you know how it goes.

THANK YOU!:D