PDA

View Full Version : missing saved Stats in Reports tab

shuman
01-03-2010, 10:22 PM
I have no idea what happened, but now all the extra Stats I added the my Cash Games > Reports tab are now GONE. They were all there last time I checked.

**Is there a particular file that contains these added Stats?

I did copy-paste a few times from my backup Config folder on my Desktop to my C: drive, because my saved HUD settings got erased somehow. I'm not sure if my stats in the Reports tab got erased somewhere during these copy-pastes.

Thanks.

fozzy71
01-04-2010, 12:07 AM
I have no idea what happened, but now all the extra Stats I added the my Cash Games > Reports tab are now GONE. They were all there last time I checked.

**Is there a particular file that contains these added Stats?

I am not sure if/where these are defined. I just skimmed the .connfig file and couldn't find them.

I did copy-paste a few times from my backup Config folder on my Desktop to my C: drive, because my saved HUD settings got erased somehow. I'm not sure if my stats in the Reports tab got erased somewhere during these copy-pastes.

Thanks.

Do you use custom HUDs? Did you edit your Default HUD or create your own new HUDs? You should export these occasionally as a means of backup, to restore your HUDs. The only file you need to copy back for your HUD configurations is the prefs.xml file. It contains the default HUD and all of your various custom HUDs. If this file ever becomes corrupt you will need the exported CustomHud.xml files to import and recreate the HUD settings.

shuman
01-04-2010, 10:04 AM
Do you use custom HUDs? Did you edit your Default HUD or create your own new HUDs? You should export these occasionally as a means of backup, to restore your HUDs. The only file you need to copy back for your HUD configurations is the prefs.xml file. It contains the default HUD and all of your various custom HUDs. If this file ever becomes corrupt you will need the exported CustomHud.xml files to import and recreate the HUD settings.

Yes, I have created my own custom HUDs. I have both edited the Default HUDs and created a few of my own. These HUD files are located in my Config folder, so I just copy my C: Config folder and paste onto the Desktop so I have a backup in case anything happens to any of the files in the folder.

I was having problems recently with a HUD error and subsequent crashing of the HUDs while trying to chang/update my HUDs in real time (I was just observing tables and not playing), and then some of my saved HUDs and Player Preferences were gone in my C: drive. So, I try to make sure I keep a backup copy of my Config folder on my desktop.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by:

If the prefs.xml file ever becomes corrupt you will need the exported CustomHud.xml files to import and recreate the HUD settings.

**Do you mean my custom HUDs in the Config folder?

fozzy71
01-04-2010, 02:48 PM
Yes, I have created my own custom HUDs. I have both edited the Default HUDs and created a few of my own. These HUD files are located in my Config folder, so I just copy my C: Config folder and paste onto the Desktop so I have a backup in case anything happens to any of the files in the folder.

I was having problems recently with a HUD error and subsequent crashing of the HUDs while trying to chang/update my HUDs in real time (I was just observing tables and not playing), and then some of my saved HUDs and Player Preferences were gone in my C: drive. So, I try to make sure I keep a backup copy of my Config folder on my desktop.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by:

**Do you mean my custom HUDs in the Config folder?

I mean you should manually export all of your custom HUDs from the player preferences. I also dont suggest you edit the default HUD, because you cant export/import it properly. You have to use the entire prefs.xml file instead of the individual exported HUDs.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=169

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=135

shuman
01-04-2010, 10:46 PM
I also dont suggest you edit the default HUD, because you cant export/import it properly. You have to use the entire prefs.xml file instead of the individual exported HUDs.

I accidentally edited the default HUD in Player Preferences a while back, so is there a link/file that I can use to get the original default HUD back, or at least the info that was in the original default HUD so I can change it back (I believe there's a snapshot of the default HUD in the first of the 2 links you gave me in the previous post, so if this is the correct info, I will just use it to modify my default HUD.)?

netsrak
01-05-2010, 05:05 AM
yes, the snapshot in the 1st FAQ link is correct.

fozzy71
01-05-2010, 11:09 AM
I accidentally edited the default HUD in Player Preferences a while back, so is there a link/file that I can use to get the original default HUD back, or at least the info that was in the original default .....

You can reset the default HUD by deleting the prefs file. Make sure you export all your custom huds, so you can import them after resetting it to Default.

1) Close HM and the Table Manager. Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe
2) Export any custom HUD configs and Copy/Paste your \Config folder before deleting any files as a backup.
3) Delete your existing HUD Prefs files, so HM will rebuild them to default. If you have any custom HUD's export them first and/or copy the \config folder to back them up.
4) Delete > \Holdem Manager\Config\prefs.xml, pospref.txt, and pospref2.txt, and pospref4.txt.
5) Start HM< Auto Import, Open the Table Manager, and test on a single cash table.

shuman
01-05-2010, 01:03 PM
I now have another problem. Somehow, the default HUD has been restored and my 2 saved HUDs under HM > HUD Options >Player Preferences have been deleted. I copy-paste my backup Config folder on my desktop, but this doesn't restore the missing custom HUDs. This deleting of my custom HUDs in Player Preferences seems to happen quite often, even on my new computer, which is why I create a desktop backup of my Config folder. However, this has NEVER happened where copy-pasting with my backup Config does not restore my custom HUDs.

I have no idea what happened. I was playing micro tables on PokerStars and just positioning my HUDs around the tables, but I was NOT updating or changing any stats in Player Preferences or HUD Popup Configuration. I closed my last table I was playing at > clicked "Stop" Auto import > "unchecked" the table name in Table Manager popup > closed Table Manager popup > closed HM

When I reopened HM my custom HUDs in Player Preferences were gone. Also, a few other things I noticed were changed: my Full Tilt pre-fetch hands number was changed from 5 to 0 (not sure why this would change since I was playing on PokerStars), Table Preferences > Click for Popup was "checked"

Also if I click under HUD Options > HUD Popup Configuration, all of my custom created Popups are still there in the Popup Designer.

The names I gave to the 2 custom HUDs I created before under Player Preferences were ftpcash and pscash.
**Do you know which folder these files should be in?

It wouldn't be too difficult for me to re-create these 2 custom HUDs again, but I would rather copy-paste if the files are still available somewhere.

**Also, instead of keeping a backup copy on my desktop of just my Config folder, should I make and keep a backup copy of my entire Holdem Manager folder?

Thank you.

fozzy71
01-05-2010, 08:11 PM
I now have another problem. Somehow, the default HUD has been restored and my 2 saved HUDs under HM > HUD Options >Player Preferences have been deleted. I copy-paste my backup Config folder on my desktop, but this doesn't restore the missing custom HUDs. This deleting of my custom HUDs in Player Preferences seems to happen quite often, even on my new computer, which is why I create a desktop backup of my Config folder. However, this has NEVER happened where copy-pasting with my backup Config does not restore my custom HUDs.

Which Operating System? Are you sure that HM is set to run as admin? If not, your holdemmanager.config file might not be remembering it's settings.

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=21121

The names I gave to the 2 custom HUDs I created before under Player Preferences were ftpcash and pscash.
**Do you know which folder these files should be in?

The default folder when you Exported the HUDs is \rvg software\holdem manager\config, so I imagine they are in your desktop backup.

It wouldn't be too difficult for me to re-create these 2 custom HUDs again, but I would rather copy-paste if the files are still available somewhere.

You Import them back into your default HUD through the Player Preferences > Import button.

**Also, instead of keeping a backup copy on my desktop of just my Config folder, should I make and keep a backup copy of my entire Holdem Manager folder?

I backup my entire \holdem manager folder for simplicity.

shuman
01-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Which Operating System? Are you sure that HM is set to run as admin?

64-bit Windows 7. Yes, I've already set up all the applicable .exe files to always run as administrator. Thanks.

The default folder when you Exported the HUDs is \rvg software\holdem manager\config, so I imagine they are in your desktop backup.

**Would the files have .xml endings (ie:ftpcash.xml and pscash.xml)?

I found the ftpcash.xml file in my Config folder on my memory stick. It's old though, so I'll have to update it. Not sure how, but apparently both of my newly updated .xml HUDs got erased. I never used the "Export" button in Player Preferences before, and I did so now and it updated the current ftpcash.xml file in my C: drive. I never knew to do this exporting before. I will do so from now on and also make a backup copy of my entire Holdem Manager folder on my desktop.

This stinks having so many problems. Thanks for all the help though.

shuman
01-07-2010, 07:31 AM
Please help me with this ongoing major annoying problem.

In HM 1.10 Beta 5 under HUD Options > Player Preferences, I "Exported" my newly created and updated custom HUD named ftpcash.xml into my C:\Program Files (x86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config. I played a session on Full Tilt, closed down everything, re-opened HM to check and see if my custom HUD was still there, and it was.

However, I played a 2nd session the following day, closed down everything, re-opened HM to check and see if my custom HUD was still there, and it was NOT. It was just gone. And, it was/is NOT in my backup "Holdem Manager" folder on my Desktop either.

Now, as a backup, I copy-pasted my entire Holdem Manager folder onto my desktop, and I did NOT rename the folder. So, I'm assuming my custom HUD file is missing in my desktop backup because the folder is the exact same name as the one on my main :C drive.

**Is this a correct assumption? Do I need to change the name of my desktop backup "Holdem Manager" folder to something like "Holdem Manager backup"?

Now, to the problem of my missing custom HUD file: ftpcash.xml...
**Do you have any idea why it keeps disappearing and where it might be going?

**Does it matter the order in which I close down Table Manager, HM, and Full Tilt Poker? Could my incorrect order be causing the file to disappear?

I have been closing my programs in the following order: "stop" Auto Import > close Table Manager > close HM > close Full Tilt Poker

This doesn't make any sense to me. Please help.

netsrak
01-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.