PDA

View Full Version : Ipoker Rake Method Changed, HM detection?

chris_k14
01-03-2010, 06:17 PM
Hi,

ipoker have just changed their rake method from equal to contributed, i.e. instead of sharing rake amongst everyone dealt in the hand, its now only shared between the players who contributed in the pot.

Does HM detect this properly or am i going to get big discrepancies in rake figures now?

Regards,

Chris

fozzy71
01-03-2010, 06:24 PM
1.10 Beta 5 Other New Functionality
* Updated the rest of the site rake methods. Pacific, Bodog, Everest, FTP, Party, Stars and Cake use Dealt. Cereus and Betfair use Average Contributed Rake. Ipoker uses dealt until Jan 2 when it switches to Average Contributed. All others are set to Weighted Contributed.

chris_k14
01-03-2010, 06:28 PM
So if i download this update, will the rake from the old hands change, or will it only apply to new hands imported?

fozzy71
01-03-2010, 07:21 PM
It only affects newly imported hands.

attiati
04-15-2010, 01:48 PM
Hi Fozzy!

How could I change manually ongame to average contributed rake?

I suspect, they use avarage contributed, and in HEM is the weighted contributed method tuned up for ongame.

How can I use a custom stat in a new column, which calculates average contributed rake for ongame?

fozzy71
04-15-2010, 02:56 PM
I suspect, they use avarage contributed, and in HEM is the weighted contributed method tuned up for ongame.

Do you have any sort of documentation from Ongame stating this?

How can I use a custom stat in a new column, which calculates average contributed rake for ongame?

It would need to be written and added to the customstats.txt file. I don't know the specifics but you can try to search or post in our custom reports forum.

Custom Reports - Holdem Manager Forums (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/custom-reports/)

attiati
04-15-2010, 05:19 PM

Unfortunately not, I just suspect. Because ongame's Player Point system is similar to avarage contributed rake. But it is not important, I dont want, that you change the rake methor for ongame to average contr. A manual custom stat would be enough for me.

It would need to be written and added to the customstats.txt file. I don't know the specifics but you can try to search or post in our custom reports forum.
Custom Reports - Holdem Manager Forums (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/custom-reports/)

but you answered me in the other topic http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/9271-contributed-rake-absolute-poker.html#post141129, that HEM can calculate average contributed rake, and it is already tuned up for Absolute Poker.
Can you give me (or the developer), what should I write to the customstats.txt?

morny
04-15-2010, 07:17 PM
We need something official from Ongame as on many occasions people have told us the rake is calculated as dealt/contributed etc and when we changed it lots of people complained and we didnt know until afterwards so now we need official confirmation from ongame people or the website.

To create the custom stat would be quite complicated and youd need SQL knowledge, try posting in the custom reports forum and somone with SQL knowledge might help

attiati
04-15-2010, 07:37 PM
We need something official from Ongame as on many occasions people have told us the rake is calculated as dealt/contributed etc and when we changed it lots of people complained and we didnt know until afterwards so now we need official confirmation from ongame people or the website.

I make sense of this. Thats why I dont want general changes for every HEM user. I try to write e-mail to ongame. But their network, and support usually doesn't belongs to the most helpful/ expert team. :(
And usually they dont inform the players of important informations :(

To create the custom stat would be quite complicated and youd need SQL knowledge, try posting in the custom reports forum and somone with SQL knowledge might help

I try, but as I saw in the custom stat topics, usually doesnt come any help. :( I would pay for this information :o
How many work would it be to solve this?

attiati
05-26-2010, 11:44 AM

Hi Morny!

I think, at latest in 1 month I will have sure information about ongame rake calculation system.
Can I write to you a private message about this issue?

Or who is the responsible person, who adjust the rake calculation method in HM for the different networks?

attiati
05-30-2010, 12:13 PM

Did you (and B-Money) get my private message? (about Ongame rake calculation method) If yes, than please answer me something.

morny
05-31-2010, 07:13 AM
support@holdemmanager.com or the forums is the best way to contact us, most of us have PMs turned off. If the PMs did get through im sure either Brent or Fozzy already forwarded the information to the developers but feel free to resend the info to support@holdemmanager.com aswell