PDA

View Full Version : PokerStars NewVPPs not matching reality in beta6

kmslogic
01-03-2010, 01:29 PM
I've run about 13k hands so far this year and when viewing all hands on the HM report it says I should have 1650ish NewVPPs but in reality I have 2044

Is there some tweaking being done to this now that the new vpps are live?

fozzy71
01-03-2010, 03:44 PM
This was the 'new vpp's from last summer. The changes that took effect on Jan 1st have not been added to HM yet. They should be in the next beta version we release.

DonkeyMonkey
01-03-2010, 11:51 PM
It would be also nice if you could let the old vpp-stat in (not the "old" wrong new vpp) to always know and check during the year how much less we really get, at least on FR tables why those morons keep stating we, in general, get more vpp (you can read this for example in the new New Year Bonus offer...laughable marketing for idiots).

Rvg72
01-05-2010, 12:34 PM
It would be also nice if you could let the old vpp-stat in (not the "old" wrong new vpp) to always know and check during the year how much less we really get, at least on FR tables why those morons keep stating we, in general, get more vpp (you can read this for example in the new New Year Bonus offer...laughable marketing for idiots).

I'll make the new VPP formula adjust based on date, so pre 2010 will use the old method and 2010+ will use the new method so even when you have a data set with mixed results from 2009 and 2010 it will be done properly

Roy

AK2404AK
01-05-2010, 01:02 PM
I'll make the new VPP formula adjust based on date, so pre 2010 will use the old method and 2010+ will use the new method so even when you have a data set with mixed results from 2009 and 2010 it will be done properly

Roy

ok, thats not so difficult ;)
but how do you different between SH (or HU) and FR tables? i use at the moment two different customstats do to this.

AK

Rvg72
01-05-2010, 03:12 PM
This stat is now in beta 7 and we have kept the previous one renamed as "Old VPP".

For the new stat we adjust the formula based on the date so hands played before jan 1, 2010 will use the old formula.

For table size we use number of players currently so a full ring table that goes down to 6 or fewer players will have the wrong calculation although the effect should be very small since 1) a small % of full ring hands go to 6 handed or less and 2) the formula different is very small (5.5x vs 6x)

A future update will store the actual table size

Roy