PDA

View Full Version : PokerStars-Hands importing but no HUD

Philly Ace
01-03-2010, 06:16 AM
I bought Hold'em Manger Pro version a few days ago and I still have no HUD when I play on stars. When I play I can see the hands importing and can look through them and watch them on the replayer in the cash game tabs. My UAC is turned off. If HEM is not running as an administrator could that be the reason, because every tiime I right click on the HEM icon on my desktop there is no "run as administrator" but on my other desktop icons they all have the option. And do I need to buy table scanner for my HUD to run?

Also I did all the steps HEM said to do and I had some problems with importing HH but, I made a new database and file and the hands imported just fine after and I can go thru them and look at them thru the hand replayer.

Patvs
01-03-2010, 06:50 AM
Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.net/hmbetaupdate

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

Make sure the hand histories are in English.

Philly Ace
01-03-2010, 08:27 AM
What will turning on the UAC do to my computer?
And when I do it and I still have a problem what should I do?

fozzy71
01-03-2010, 02:26 PM
UAC is on by default and recommended for a more secure PC. Many people suggest turning it off because that makes all programs 'run as administrator' (for most people). I have seen some people that have UAC turned off but their HM is not running as admin (the config file is unable to be edited). Basically you will get more warnings with UAC on, whenever programs are started. This helps prevent unwanted programs from running when you get these warnings for no apparent reason (i.e. you didnt click a shortcut to start the program).

Do you actually see the Table Manager? If not, then you probably just need to run HM as admin, as described.

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer (start > computer) and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right-click + Properties the executables and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

Try the table finder - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=54

*If that doesn't help, please answer these questions - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174

If you have HM running as admin, and still don't see the Table Manager, try this:

0. Make sure you have installed the latest Beta version.
1. Note your database connection settings from the database management
2. Close holdemmanager
3. Go to the folder config in the holdemmanager installation path
4. Rename the file holdemmanager.config to holdemmanager.config.corrupt or sth. like that.
5. Under Vista make sure that UAC is switched off or check the administrator settings for holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe under properties->compatibility
6. Restart Holdemmanager
7. Holdemmanager reinstalls and displays some messages and warnings
7a. A new holdemmanager.config file is generated
8. Reconfigure your database connection
9. After successful start reconfigure your Auto-import settings
10. Table manager should start again.

Philly Ace
01-03-2010, 07:57 PM
I turned my UAC on and restarted my computer but I still can't right click and turn HEM on as an administrator but, I think it is running as a administrator because when I restarted my computer I now see the table manager and the name of the table that I am on is there but, when I click on table finder I keep getting this message that says "I can not find any unattached hands. Please wait until the manager has imported some" help please.

Also I can now see my HUD but I still keep getting the "I can not find any unattached hands. Please wait until the manager has imported some" in the table manager.

fozzy71
01-04-2010, 12:56 AM
I turned my UAC on and restarted my computer but I still can't right click and turn HEM on as an administrator but, ...

You need to Right-Click > Properties > Compatibility tab, then you set it to run as admin under the privilege level.

Also I can now see my HUD but I still keep getting the "I can not find any unattached hands. Please wait until the manager has imported some" in the table manager.

Close the table finder once you get the HUD on one table.

If you are still having HUD problems, please answer these questions - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174

Please reproduce the problem and post a screen shot - http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

with the following:

1) The table manager
2) The tables (including one with no stats)
4) The ...handhistory\screenname folder.
4) The "\rvg software\holdem manager\importing\hud data" folder. I also need you to zip and email any files in this folder to me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net with a link to this thread.

Please make 3 and 4 the detailed view with the dates and file sizes etc.

To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button. Click this and attach the file.

Philly Ace
01-04-2010, 10:26 PM
Fozzy my HUD is working just fine so do I really need the table finder if my HUD is working fine. I still get that message but if the only reason too use table finder is to get the HUD to work then I don't need it.

netsrak
01-05-2010, 05:41 AM
When the Hud is working the table finder has nothing to do - so the message is ok.

Is everything solved now or do you still have problems?

Philly Ace
01-05-2010, 07:10 AM
Right now I don't think I have any more problems. Im about to start reading the Hold'em Manager Instruction Manual if I have any more problems i'll let you know. And thank you for your help.