PDA

View Full Version : HUD keeps flickering

Chips8
01-02-2010, 05:34 PM
Lately, my HUD keeps flickering. When I play 4 tables, the HUD will randomnly shut off for about 10 seconds on 1 table, come back, shut down on 2 tables, etc.

I updated my graphics card + moved the Opacity slider all the way to the right in (HUD Options - Player Preferences)

I'm running PostSql 8.4 + 1.10 beta 6.

fozzy71
01-03-2010, 01:42 AM
Do you tile or stack/cascade your tables> Have you tried HUD Options > Tables Preferences > [x] Force On Top?

Chips8
01-03-2010, 02:17 AM
Do you tile or stack/cascade your tables> Have you tried HUD Options > Tables Preferences > [x] Force On Top?

I tile the tables and I already had "Force on Top" set up. This problem starting happening after I updated to about 1.10 beta 4.

netsrak
01-03-2010, 08:00 AM
Which operating system?
Any Aero effects or other desktop themes?
More than one monitor?
Which resolution / color depth?

Chips8
01-13-2010, 05:18 PM
Which operating system?
Any Aero effects or other desktop themes?
More than one monitor?
Which resolution / color depth?

I'm back. I was trying different things such as experimenting with different themes but still having this problem

Windows XP Media Center Version 2002 Service Pack 3
It happens with whatever themes but I'm using Windows Classic (Modified) at the moment

Dual Monitor (both using Highest 32 bit color quality)

20 inch Incu AccuSync LCD 200VX (1600 x 1200)
24 inch SyncMaster 2693HM (1600 x 1200)

netsrak
01-14-2010, 06:10 AM
Please try with only one monitor

Chips8
01-17-2010, 02:47 PM
Please try with only one monitor

I've played for the past few days on only 1 monitor (My 24 inch one) with the same problems.

netsrak
01-18-2010, 09:33 AM
I'll forward it for other ideas.

netsrak
01-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Please post the answers to this questions to give us some more details http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174

and add screenshots of your table preferences and your Hud settings.

Chips8
01-19-2010, 02:11 PM
1) What version of Holdem Manager are you using eg 1.06.04 Beta 12?

1.10 beta 6

2) What Poker Site are you playing on and which gametype and does the problem occur on more than 1 site?

I only play on Party NL 6 Max

2a) Have you clicked the Start Auto Import Button?

Yes

3) Have you the settings exactly as per the FAQ for your site?

Yes

4) Can you see the Hand History files showing up in the correct Folder on your PC, this folder should be indentical to the path location you set in Options > Configure Auto Import Folder in HM? If so please copy and paste the location as shown in the FAQ?

Yes

5) Are the hands being imported into Holdem Manager?

Yes

5a) Do they import if you create a new database?

Yes

6) Have You Tried the Table Finder and did it work?

No

7) If you open the HH are they written in English?

Yes

8) If your using Vista have you UAC disabled?
n/a

9) Have you attached the holdemmanager.config file?

Yes

MagisterLudi
01-19-2010, 03:15 PM
Hello

I have the exact same problem. I've just bought and uploaded up to date HEM release. New comp, new W7.
Everything works fine except HUD turning off for 5-10 sec. every minute or so.
Since this is not 'my' thread I'm not answering all the questions you request, but if necessary, I'll post them too.

Chips8
02-01-2010, 07:52 PM
Hi, Is there an answer yet?

I upgraded to 1.10, it worked better for a bit. Now it's just as bad.

fozzy71
02-02-2010, 01:08 AM
Hi, Is there an answer yet?

I upgraded to 1.10, it worked better for a bit. Now it's just as bad.

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest version 1.10.01 - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer (start > computer) and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right-click + Properties the executables and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/275/Windows+Firewall+%7B47%7D+Defender+Problems

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.