PDA

View Full Version : Postgresql crashed, reinstalled, problem finding database

mumrik
01-02-2010, 05:01 PM
I got alot of error messages during a game last night saying some file was broken and I should run CHKDSK. So I did but it didnt help. I uninstalled postgresql and tried to reinstall it. But now I could only find a newer version of it on the internet. So now in my postgresql-folder in C:/program there is a folder thats named 8.3 on a size of 3.82GB and there is another folder named 8.4 on like 150MB.

I found that in 8.3 there was a folder named pg_log which had alot of .log-files which I thought was my played hands. Tried to copy them over to the same folder in 8.4, but when I started up HM it still couldnt find any hands or players. So I tried deleting everything in pg_log and then "import from folder" everything that was in pg_log (in the 8.3-folder). Now when I go to reports in cashgame and choose change, I can find my own nickname on one of the sites I play on but not my other names. And in the change-window it says my sn has more than 110000 hands but when I chose it I only get 92 hands in the report-window.

Clearly I have been doing something wrong. Could I get a little help on solving this? Thanks.

Patvs
01-02-2010, 09:32 PM
-1 Just go to postgresql.org to download and reinstal 8.3
8.3 and 8.4 are not compatible with each other.

-2 You can delete the content of the pg_log folder.
See the top 10 performance tips link in my signature and look at tip #10 (!).

-3 To access your old database, reinstall 8.3 in the same directory

-4 If you want to use 8.4, reimport all your hands, using the original handhistory .txt files.

mumrik
01-03-2010, 06:52 PM
I didnt think it was possible to get a hold of 8.3 but even though I have no idea what binaries means I think I found it. Thanks!